THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

For any of you long-form ride junkies out there, here's a view of a favorite ride of mine.

That was wonderful to watch! From having the mountains in the hazy distance to going right into them! I love when that happens on my riding as well, from a destination far away to passing it. Also nice tour of the infrastructure.

Wish there was a 16 incher with 3000+Wh and good electronics and a 3 inch tire:efee8319ab:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That was wonderful to watch! From having the mountains in the hazy distance to going right into them! I love when that happens on my riding as well, from a destination far away to passing it. Also nice tour of the infrastructure.

Wish there was a 16 incher with 3000+Wh and good electronics and a 3 inch tire:efee8319ab:

Thanks.

I think we will both live to see that wheel, but probably not for another handful of years. I'm convinced that higher density affordable batteries will eventually hit the market and we will be beneficiaries of the advance.

Thanks for stopping by and saying high on the Live Stream :)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for stopping by and saying high on the Live Stream :)

Sure:efee47c9c8: It was so late, I figured I might as well wait an hour and get the live experience. I liked the part where you two answered the beginner questions (foot stance). You should make that the focus of a future episode, it seemed helpful.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

New ACM foot plates for my Gotway Monster. 3 day business delivery from Speed feet arrived today.

Good stuff, Ian is great.

Hope the new pedals hold up better and no nasty surprises down the road, a college told me today the company have got very high quality 15mm 5xxx series Alu sheets hidden away at the workshop that I have missed somehow, had hoped for 20mm although maybe I could find smaller 20mm pieces for pedal attachment and AC Tig them together (and by now most have figured out where this could lead hahaha), some milling, attach a top with grip tape and voila.

Hopefully we could get some info down the road pointing towards a bad batch, cheaping out of Alu alloy quality, casting process, anything.. or something to calm my nerves but a pedal falling away under my foot is a nightmare imho, chances are though if going there you go full nuts and start thinking about pedal arms, improve on quality for locking into the wheels axle, yadda, yadda.. 

Anyways I really hope you do not have to experience that ever again.

1 hour ago, Edddeus said:

Jon From Speedyfeet chooses a new wheel

A nice video!

To me it was very difficult to choose my first wheel. As humans, we are so different to each other. What one likes the other hates.
This sport is also relatively new and there are no places to do a test ride. So I had to rely entirely on YouTube reviews when the time come to buy one.
With the experience I have today, after 1500 mi (2533 km), I would not buy a King Song. There have been too much quality issues with my monday unit and the app still does not work neither after three updates. At the same time I know that someone else thinks that King Song is absolutely the world's best EUC brand.

So I Looking forward to se your decision. I hope you get a discounted price when you make so many nice videos :thumbup:.

• Like 1

Yes I agree with you @Marcglider
But if we look further at my comment, I do not talk about KS in general. The comment applies only to one device, that wheel I'm riding. So if this wheel is of a low standard, it's obvious that I will change the brand next time I buy a new one.
It's great that we have this forum and all YouTube videos. The interest is increasing to make our best for a greener environment. 
So today the EUC market are growing here in Finland also, and it is possible to test ride more new models in Helsinki than it was for 6 months ago.

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your post :thumbup:.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dismason said:

Yes I agree with you @Marcglider
But if we look further at my comment, I do not talk about KS in general. The comment applies only to one device, that wheel I'm riding. So if this wheel is of a low standard, it's obvious that I will change the brand next time I buy a new one.
It's great that we have this forum and all YouTube videos. The interest is increasing to make our best for a greener environment. 
So today the EUC market are growing here in Finland also, and it is possible to test ride more new models in Helsinki than it was for 6 months ago.

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate your post :thumbup:.

Thanks, I definitely was not trying to single you out... it was just a good opportunity to say what I did so things can stay on a good and helpful track... not sure if you follow anything on the new Z10, but there have been some things coming out of West Europe that add nothing regarding being helpful and actually is a negative in my opinion... All I know is my MSX will be here Tuesday and I have a big smile on my face... :D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Edddeus said:

Jon From Speedyfeet chooses a new wheel

Thanks, whether I agree or not I am sure I can find good points and details I have perhaps not thought about, you always learn if willing to and then we have the entertaining value on top of that, thanks indeed.

9 hours ago, dismason said:

A nice video!

To me it was very difficult to choose my first wheel. As humans, we are so different to each other. What one likes the other hates.
This sport is also relatively new and there are no places to do a test ride. So I had to rely entirely on YouTube reviews when the time come to buy one.
With the experience I have today, after 1500 mi (2533 km), I would not buy a King Song. There have been too much quality issues with my monday unit and the app still does not work neither after three updates. At the same time I know that someone else thinks that King Song is absolutely the world's best EUC brand.

So I Looking forward to se your decision. I hope you get a discounted price when you make so many nice videos :thumbup:.

Interesting, I knew nothing when I bought mine and wish I had rad moire here and registered as a member a long time ahead, there is things I do not like about that old 67v ACM but I demanded too much from it so not quite fair, they say Gotway is hit and miss and quality in general can be so so but honestly apart from the unexpected nose dives at times if not waiting a couple seconds after turning it on I cannot really find a lot of flaws, if to be fair that is cause I am certain the complaints I do have I would find in many wheels from this time cause related to softness, weak, etc..

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 2:27 AM, egiljo said:

My first test of MSuper X in the forest, a fantastic wheel to ride

On 9/4/2018 at 11:38 AM, Demargon said:

Extreme off-road riding on the wildness to reach the other lake side in a 18l Ks and v10f iM. Jumps, rocks, falls, narrow tracks and some hit from head to branch

Oh man, you have both found THE perfect trails for EUC riding! I think I’ll go look for some trails around here right now.

@Demargon, those jumps you do gives me the chills. But they seem like just a normal part of riding to you. Wow!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

those jumps you do gives me the chills. But they seem like just a normal part of riding to you. Wow!

After lot of practice the jumps are addictive. Riding on road and off-road looking for a good curb, stone or ramp for jump over is a game changer. I only afraid the risk of wreck something in the euc like bended pedal axle, losses screws or bolts, blended wheel axle, battery packs displacement inside his housing and of course hitting badly the RIM. That's what I get (less the axle bending) in the several euc I have due my jumping practice

Edited by Demargon
  • Like 1

I have only jumped a few times, each one by accident. Although especially the MSX takes jumps very gracefully, my heart hurts a bit afterwards... I don’t think I’ll start rehearsing jumps.

• Like 1