THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I have only jumped a few times, each one by accident. Although especially the MSX takes jumps very gracefully, my heart hurts a bit afterwards... I don’t think I’ll start rehearsing jumps.

I hear you mrelwood, ever since the Gotway pedal issues I have been extra careful not to load the pedals too much and constantly inspect them for any visible fracture lines and even do it under magnification, ok not down to the μm level needed to catch any potential fracture line cause that would be problematic for several reasons not to mention they are there anyways to be spotted even in healthy pedals, so how to separate when will become a deeper crack and those that will not? My knowledge in metallurgy is not enough for that anyways so I probably miss them., but at least I do the inspections nowadays even on the MSX not equipped with same pedals, usually a company like this follow a specific design language and do not redesign a pedal completely from the ground up even if they may look a bit different on the surface but I admit in this case I am only speculating so...?

Indeed it does even with my weight on it, gosh I love that high tire wall so much, what a differentiator it was to go with that specific tire for this new Msuper, all aspects of it + softness of the rubber too it all comes together as package for this wheel.  Recently my right foot had a complete lift off and my left a slight slippage under a high speed long sweeping left turn, can only estimate but likely a bit north of 30km/h I for sure did carry some speed, then hit a small bump but big enough to almost send me on my first proper MSX flight. I truly had to find and put some effort into this one to save the situation and like you describe, yes absolutely my heart after this one hahaha. I am sure it must have looked quite funny to onlookers but believe me was not fun for me and the Adrenaline, neurotransmitter hormones sure do flow a bit afterwards.. :lol:

Sorry forgot, anyone in need of some night lecture, just interested: http://web.mit.edu/course/3/3.11/www/modules/frac.pdf

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stephen said:

chooch got a msx 100v can't wait to see his riding on that thing with the speed he goes and his body weight is nothing ,65kpm i don't think he'll go any where near tbh but should be some interesting vids?

Thank you, appreciate this!

Especially since this man ride very much like I do see many detail where we are alike apart from speed itself, yes this will be fun will glue my eyes to his ride videos in the coming days. The big differentiator like you point out for sure is his weight, there is if only or at very least mostly drawbacks of carrying more weight imho.

Chooch, chooch...

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My son Matt honored me with a birthday gift a few months before he died. Low on money he somehow found a copy of an old Rare Earth song 'City Life' that I really like and then recorded it on a CD for me to listen to in my truck. Best gift ever! Every time I play it I think of him.

Matt went riding with me today with this song in my head so I decided to make a video. Love you always buddy!

Great video. Love the revised mud guard! It’s looking so much better than the somewhat conservative original. If I would ever need a mudguard in the upcoming autumn winter season, it will be your design... IF .. (so far I am doing well without) 

Love the epic music!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HenrikVilhelm2 said:

Celebraiting my 72'th birthsday on my Ks 16s

Your :thumbup: a star! Happy birthday! I’m saving your video for the next time my wife gives me any crap. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Electroman said:

These young kids learn so much faster than we old folk do hehehe, just life I suppose?

Can you remember the days when your mind wasn’t consumed with paying bills and taxes, sending you kids to college, making your boss and wife happy...etc? In addition to their young healthly minds these kiddos are not scared the least about crashing as they don’t have to work the following day and pay the bills.  :)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Can you remember the days when your mind wasn’t consumed with paying bills and taxes, sending you kids to college, making your boss and wife happy...etc? In addition to their young healthly minds these kiddos are not scared the least about crashing as they don’t have to work the following day and pay the bills.  :)

Hahaha, true that Rehab1, true that.

The times where a a summer brake in school felt like an eternity, today the weeks fly by or so it seams, or maybe it's just my memory cause that sure as heck is not as good as it used to be haha. :lol:

It's great though, watching the young though

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes, it's been a while since I felt invincible when nothing else mattered. My big concern is living long enough to see my kid through college! That not only means not crashing but taking the cholesterol and high blood pressure meds!

• Like 3