THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Kind of makes you want to buy a KingSong huh

I think King Song outsources the control board assembly because I don't recall seeing and pcb machinery at their Shenzhen facility.However I do recognise the ramp in the video;they put me on their latest 18a and had me go up and down on that ramp to test the fuses.

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I too have the BeBop 2, FPV package. I'm still learning the ins and outs of it. It's been raining a lot lately, so haven't been out as much as I'd like.  That's why I was wondering which mode you used, it worked quite well.

It truly is a fantastic flying drone. I've had the opportunity to fly the DJI Mavic Pro recently.  They fly VERY similarly.  The Mavic is a tiny bit more stable, but not much. The Mavic Video is WAY superior, but, like you, I'm comfortable bringing the Parrot along everywhere. It's super easy to fly, cheap, and very durable.  It's also modular, so if something breaks, it's easy to repair. And, the video is acceptable for most of what I do.  The complete package including the BeBop 2, FPV Goggles, and SkyController 2 was $499 out the door. Cannot beat that!

I will be testing the follow me quite a bit more once the weather gets better.  I've only had one opportunity to try it, worked fairly well, and now with the latest firmware update, it is supposed to be slightly better.

I understand the dog's energy also. I have a German Shepherd. Just when I think she's tired and will rest, she gets another burst of energy. If only I could bottle that.  

First Follow Me test. 

There is a certain distance you must put the drone at, too far and you are so small on the image that the drone looses you, and if not it's too far anyway to be interesting. Too close and the drone cannot keep up with your movements. At the right distance, you are big enough for it to keep track of you AND make some interesting images. But of course there is the matter of obstacles and the environment. It's hard to find a good place to do that...

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Kind of makes you want to buy a KingSong huh

Yes, looks well run and clean factory, good quality wheels.  I like that they do the aging process, running the wheels for some time to weed out any early failures.  I think Ninebot does that also, when I picked up the wheel and connected the app for the first time, it already had a little over 2 miles on it.  I suppose all the good quality companies do that.  Either that or the Segway dealer test rode it:lol:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Well, they do have some nice models.

I thought those were actual employees...  ?

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

So, the Gotway pisses dogs off?

The whistle gets their attention. I don't think it makes them mad, the spinning wheel does that. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Not your normal weather for this time of year in Ohio. It was 60 degrees and sunny yesterday so my grandson and I headed to a beautiful park. We encountered lots of interested people asking what we were riding so I gladly stopped along the way and briefly answered some of their questions. Lots of fun! Love my little riding buddy!

Oh, I used the Airwheel C5 helmet to record the video. Not to bad as long as you keep your head relatively still while recording.

That's cool that you have a riding buddy :thumbup:  What I would have given to have an EUC at his age. He must love it.  Is he allowed to ride it unchaperoned? 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Great trail; nice scenery.  The grandson is a pretty good rider already.  Nice people there.

Thanks! Yes Logan is getting better but he has not rode to often due to the weather. The people and kids at the park were awesome! They were all there to have a good time and enjoy the unseasonal warm weather!

32 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That's cool that you have a riding buddy :thumbup:  What I would have given to have an EUC at his age. He must love it.  Is he allowed to ride it unchaperoned? 

I smile ear to ear when he rides with me! My son would have loved watching him. Logan loves riding and practices around his home in a very safe protective neighborhood.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

We encountered lots of interested people asking what we were riding so I gladly stopped along the way and briefly answered some of their questions.

Nice video and enjoyable riding :)

At 6:49 I've heard that EUC grew popularity in China and UK...I would say France instead of UK, since in UK (AFAIK) EUCs are forbidden to ride on the streets/sidewalks, not to mention the numerous EUC meet-ups in France.

13 minutes ago, DS said:

Nice video and enjoyable riding :)

At 6:49 I've heard that EUC grew popularity in China and UK...I would say France instead of UK, since in UK (AFAIK) EUCs are forbidden to ride on the streets/sidewalks, not to mention the numerous EUC meet-ups in France.

Thanks! Did I say UK? If I see the guy again I will further enlighten him? You could talk all day with people that are interested in EUCs but your riding time would be diminished significantly. A small printed handout depicting the fundamentals of EUCs might be useful! @Marty Backe had mentioned that approach in a previous post.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

A small printed handout depicting the fundamentals of EUCs might be useful!

Well...next time you could EUC block even narrower wooden bridge and hang around printouts :P

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

I like this idea. I haven't seen Marty mention it before.

Here's where I talk about it

I've been lazy, but I really need to get off my butt and get these printed for the upcoming riding season (there are seasons, right?)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been lazy, but I really need to get off my butt and get these printed for the upcoming riding season (there are seasons, right?)

A USB Flash Drive Business Card would be awesome to hand out! We could have the new EUC Forum Logo ( do we have one yet?) printed on the card. Everything about EUCs could be stored on the drive.

@Marty Backe since it was your original idea I would like to preorder 50 cards please!:)

https://www.usbmemorydirect.com/products/card-tab.htm

IMG_4112.JPG

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Of course there are.  There's the Dry Riding Season, and the Wet Riding Season. ;)

• Upvote 1