THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Those are very cool, and nice try <_<   The only this is, would you plug one of these into your computer from some stranger that went whizzing by you on some weird contraption that you had never seen before? Doubtful, very doubtful. 

Good point!  I didn't think of that either. 

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Those are very cool, and nice try <_<   The only this is, would you plug one of these into your computer from some stranger that went whizzing by you on some weird contraption that you had never seen before? Doubtful, very doubtful. 

I would only be concerned if the stranger was wearing a trench coat! Please tell me you don't wear a......:o.....forget I mentioned it.:laughbounce2:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice trails.  I can ride nice and straight, but put me on a narrow ledge or platform like this and my style starts going to hell. Something about knowing what can happen if you fall off the edge is enough to make me fall of the edge :blink1:

Yeah, I went off the edge of a bridge about this wide on a Mountain Bike trail on a Mountain Bike.  Fell 10 ft onto my face! :huh:  Knocked myself right out!  Sucked!

It's exactly what you say, I can ride perfectly straight on a line on the road, but take the sides away, and I lose all balance. 

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

A REALLY quick mock-up.

EUC_Flyer.jpg

I'm really surprised that EUC retailers don't provide cards with their web address on it to all new purchasers. The card could give a discount code (with a specific tracking URL for the EUCer who passes them out) and track purchases made through the efforts of that "EUC ambassador." They could then be rewarded through spiffs or discounts on later purchases.

I always try to answer questions and give the web address of the seller I bought from, but no one ever has pen and paper on them to write it down. Business cards or something similarly sized would work well and I could keep them in my pocket while I ride. And I wouldn't mind being rewarded for selling something I have as passion for, either!

The first retailer to come up with a decent reward program like this will make a killing in new sales.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

My retailer gives us cards to hand out. And he also offers us discounts if any sales are made through us.

I'm not too concerned about the discounts, but I'd be really happy if he made some sales, and if the sport expanded.

That's cool that yours does that! And like you, my main concern is to grow the sport, which I already try to do with anyone interested in learning more. With the cards, everyone wins!

Edited by dbfrese
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

A REALLY quick mock-up.

EUC_Flyer.jpg

Love your mock-up. It's got a lot of the elements that I thought I'd include in mine. My only suggestion would be to use a picture that shows its true potential, like

That'll pull in a lot more guys B)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been lazy, but I really need to get off my butt and get these printed for the upcoming riding season (there are seasons, right?)

Don't be a smart ass @Marty Backe anyone who's been around here more than a day knows there is only one riding season in So Cal: Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.  ?

But judging from those -30*c riding reports I read on the Finnish board, some people, who live in less than ideal climates, have all year round seasons too.  Me, I won't wheel if it's less than 15*c.  But then I don't commute.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, trya said:

Inmotion V5F+ is great! Thanks, @Jason McNeil

Great choice! Nice video and narrow bridge riding and no alligators to chomp off your extremities!  Enjoy! 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/20/2017 at 0:27 PM, Hansolo said:

French meet up; Neuilly-Versailles-Neuilly (near Paris) the 19/02/2017.

Very enjoyable and entertaining as usual! Your routes are always interesting: a mix of open road, city, country, paved, unpaved, forest, usually a meal/charging stop! Great camera work too! It's great that France has a vibrant, active EUC community!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, trya said:

a bit of encouragement to those who like freestyle - something that seemed to be totally out of reach not long ago - eventually becomes a reality, provided that some efforts are applied :) 

Fantastic!  I love the music chosen, and your practice puts me to shame.  Great work, you two!

• Upvote 1

This video is kind of "We love Russia", but I found it very useful as a reminder how important a strong protection gear is at such a speed. The guy survived without a slight body scratch!

Edited by DS
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, trya said:

a bit of encouragement to those who like freestyle - something that seemed to be totally out of reach not long ago

It seems to me that since you had some police disturbing your trips in the town, you both got better in freestyle&tricks  :)

The EUC's have so many applications.

Edited by DS
  • Upvote 3

@nomad great video:thumbup:, what a long trail that is.  And most of it right on the edge of a steep dropoff.  I noticed the white Kingsongs had no handles and wondered why until the part where the rider was standing on top of the wheel.  

One interesting part was when the rider went down a 35 degree hill, turned around and with only 2-3 feet level ground to get started, went back up the hill.  Good power from the Kingsong.

It looked like something the military might use in the future, small team riding silently at twice running speed for miles.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I noticed the white Kingsongs had no handles and wondered why until the part where the rider was standing on top of the wheel.

I thought it was to prevent the handle from being damaged in case of a crash.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Mono said:

I thought it was to prevent the handle from being damaged in case of a crash.

Ha!  Ha!  Only one rider did, and he threw it up hill.  Luckily it shut off immediately to prevent harm.  But it tumbled a lot.  And appeared to be safe to ride.  But I think they gave him a new wheel.  With a fresh battery,:ph34r:  Movie tricks can be deceiving.:dribble:

Two wheels had no handles, at least.  Towards the end one guy can be seen standing on both handle less machines. Theses guys have some serious skills.  And they show clearly that a 14" when ridden well, can go almost anywhere.

there were too many good bits to outline.  Anything after about 8 minutes was good.  

Imteresting note, at one point the videographer had his on board speakers on ( could be heard over the soundtrack) totally appropriate here as absolutely no one to disturb.