THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Kingsong KS 14D Player test video

The KS 14D looks like a very capable wheel. My favorite part was the hill at 8:43. I also think that trail would be easier to ride on a 2.5 inch tire like the one on this

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Promotional-340-680wh-battery-GEEKWHEEL-DIY_60490047653.html

@Duf nice trip footage to work and back!

Regarding the sore legs, have you tried shifting your feet slightly more forwards on the pedals?  Not a lot but a little might help.  I try to do heel toe heel toe movements on each side as well kind of like when you are standing for a long time.  I think every bit helps to keep the blood circulating.  Just be careful when you toe to maintain good contact on the front edge of the pedal.  I'll also do slight side foot tilts in addition to slaloming which help a little.

I'll have to work on one leg riding as that surely will help during longer rides to get all the pressure off the other foot I think.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll give you extra points if you make that ride in July B)

Extra POINTS ? You mean extra PINTS, as in pints of water he'll need to not become buzzard breakfast.

BTW, That's an awful long way to go just for Some milk, and a loaf of bread.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Short meet up

A

starting about 2:35 it looks like that guy is fighting a wheel who's battery is too full.  It looked like it didn't want him to ride down that hill, and when he remounted, it was tilted back a long way.  I find that pushing the wheel forwards with several short thrusts from the knees, is enough extra energy demand to allow the CB to relax the tilt back, until, next time, when short thrusts from the knees works again. Eventually the "crisis " goes away.  But when ever I encounter this, every direction  seems to be down hill. Grrrr! Sod's law I guess.

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

The brake light is 5 LED. Each LED is 20% battery level when stopped. 

Thanks ! I found out not to long ago - the issue is on the ACM you could just look back..... see see the indication.. not hem super you have to get off the wheel.. Not a lot of work just pointing it out.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Also is the side panel a light? i'm digging the horns haha!

I added EL light rope to the groove on the panel.

The horns are my parking stand.

23 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

this is beautiful! Where did you get the shell?

GotWay sells them.  I helped a friend Mod his wheel this weekend, and he surprised me with these shells in return!

20 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

It looks like a gotway monster !!!

It's a Monster Mini Me!

Same color and finish as the Blue Monster.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SuperSport said:

<snip>

It's a Monster Mini Me!

<snip>

The fact that the large MSuper can be considered a Mini Me really says something about the Monster :o

17 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I added EL light rope to the groove on the panel.

The horns are my parking stand.

GotWay sells them.  I helped a friend Mod his wheel this weekend, and he surprised me with these shells in return!

It's a Monster Mini Me!

Same color and finish as the Blue Monster.

Good job man its beautiful.. Is there a Gotway website you can share where the shells were ordered?

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Good job man its beautiful.. Is there a Gotway website you can share where the shells were ordered?

I'm not sure if there's a link to them anywhere. My friend ordered them through our other friend who is a GotWay dealer. Nevin at www.Tec-Toyz.com  Nevin should be able to hook you up.

• Upvote 1

@jrkline, @noisycarlos, @swvision and myself took our Gotway's for a little spin around a walking track in Beverly Hills (https://goo.gl/maps/8XWd3YMZ55s)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 2

Hi Marty, where is that walking track? Very nice.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@jrkline, @noisycarlos, @swvision and myself took our Gotway's for a little spin around a walking track in Beverly Hills

Hi Marty,

did you make the fix for your Monster, to prevent engine cutout from burning/melting wire connections between the motherboard and the engine, or do you just ride it as is, and hope for the best ?

Personally I'm a little scared to ride it now that I have taken a close look at those connections... they look awfull and ready to break.

I'm waiting for some instructions to fix them myself, as I'm in the islands far from any service center or wheel shop.

10 minutes ago, LuckySXM said:

Hi Marty,

did you make the fix for your Monster, to prevent engine cutout from burning/melting wire connections between the motherboard and the engine, or do you just ride it as is, and hope for the best ?

Personally I'm a little scared to ride it now that I have taken a close look at those connections... they look awfull and ready to break.

I'm waiting for some instructions to fix them myself, as I'm in the islands far from any service center or wheel shop.

I haven't opened the Monster yet. I'm living on the edge. The vast majority of people don't have problems so I'm playing the odds, for now :facepalm:

• Upvote 2