THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The beginning is exactly why EUCs are so cool! A long, steep incline that's exhausting by bike or even by foot? Just ride up with zero effort!:clap3:

On an MSuper, it's not zero effort, but yes, MUCH easier than biking. ;)  On an MSuper, you need to grab tight to the sides and lean hard.  You really have to trust the wheel.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

For some reason people think we're exercising (like them) instead of just being out for a joy ride.

Yeah, I'm constantly letting people know that I do this for fun (I get the cheating comment a LOT), but I ride my bike and walk my dog for exercise.

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The beginning is exactly why EUCs are so cool! A long, steep incline that's exhausting by bike or even by foot? Just ride up with zero effort!:clap3:

All we heard all day long at Griffith Park is "that's cheating".:D

• Upvote 2

There's only one answer to that: "Cheating? That's the point!".

Same result, less effort, what's there not to love?:whistling:

Funny how people see EUCs as a sport where (at least for me) getting places with less effort (aka "no sports!") is the very appeal (and they're just plain fun to ride).

--

I'd love a "hey that's cheating" compilation video, so if you want to do one...;)

42 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There's only one answer to that: "Cheating? That's the point!".

Same result, less effort, what's there not to love?:whistling:

Funny how people see EUCs as a sport where (at least for me) getting places with less effort (aka "no sports!") is the very appeal (and they're just plain fun to ride).

--

I'd love a "hey that's cheating" compilation video, so if you want to do one...;)

Most people say "that's cheating" simply because they are jealous,pure and simple.:angry:

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jrkline said:

Most people say "that's cheating" simply because they are jealous,pure and simple.:angry:

Yep, and they are sweating their butts off to travel a fraction of the distance of us. ?

If they saw it as travel/fun, and not exercise, it would make more sense to them. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jrkline said:

Yes, they weren't aware that there was another, more fun way to do it.  But a lot of people in the video were heard to say positive things too, like whoa, that's cool.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Yes, they weren't aware that there was another, more fun way to do it.  But a lot of people in the video were heard to say positive things too, like whoa, that's cool.

Yes, by far most people say positive things. Even many of those who say "it's cheating" say it with a laugh.

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2017 at 2:57 AM, Marty Backe said:

@jrkline keeps messing with my video's, so this is payback time :D Maybe karma?  Crash at ~35 seconds  :popcorn:

@abinder3 @captainwells and @Ando Melkonyan had to bear witness - sorry guys :facepalm:

yeah that looked very painful.... looks like his foot slipped off the peddle.. was that the case?

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think he went down an unexpected curb.

Actually, there was some rather deep sand before the curb that started the wheel sliding and when he got to the curb it was starting to slide out from under him.  Otherwise, Jeff would of had no problem negotiating the curb.

Allen

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I opened my Monster to secure the motor wiring. Here's a video of the process for those that may be interested.

Nice job... I might recommend doing both sides of the connectors though -  both motor wire side and control board wire side of the black connector.  I wonder if those two plastic housings of the connectors were actually melted together rather than hot glued?  Did you see any deformation of the connector shell there?

EDIT:  Is that DAP Flexible sealant that was used?  You might want to double check what the temperature tolerance is of that material if it isn't silicone based.  Looking over the SDS it appears it is flammable?  I don't know if in a solidified state whether it is meant to withstand high temperatures.  You might  give DAP a call to double check.

http://www.dap.com/media/33736/00077019004english.pdf

Maybe try testing a small area with a soldering iron to see if it melts...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Nice job... I might recommend doing both sides of the connectors though -  both motor wire side and control board wire side of the black connector.  I wonder if those two plastic housings of the connectors were actually melted together rather than hot glued?  Did you see any deformation of the connector shell there?

EDIT:  Is that DAP Flexible sealant that was used?  You might want to double check what the temperature tolerance is of that material if it isn't silicone based.  Looking over the SDS it appears it is flammable?  I don't know if in a solidified state whether it is meant to withstand high temperatures.  You might  give DAP a call to double check.

http://www.dap.com/media/33736/00077019004english.pdf

Thanks for the data sheet - cool reading. I do think all the warnings, etc. do not apply to the cured state. Of course if I didn't make the stupid mistake of using it to begin with I would gone with actual silicon. I'm doing some tough mountain riding this weekend so I'm going to open the wheel afterwards and see what I see.

The connectors were not melted. It was some adhesive that pulled off. Gave me the impression of hot glue.

I actually did apply the sealant on both sides of the connector.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Will Prowse said:

Hey guys! I live in the Bay area and did some riding in SF on my kingsong 14c. Enjoy! :)

I can't make it tomorrow, but the group is riding in SF tomorrow if you can make it.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/621491334621039/

The following weekend, we're riding in the Sacramento and Folsom areas.

Edited by SuperSport

37 minutes ago, Joey Serrin said:

MAX: Phase 2 almost complete. Not leaking any information till video. Sorry. Just expect double performance

Sherpa: Prototype: 10x8 rim 350watt, 170wh, 9mph top speed feathering the petals. 13inch tire diameter. 40lbs (lots of unnecessary metal)

Sherpa V2 design: 10x6, 1000watt, 350wh, 18mph top speed, 15-16inch tire diameter. Expected weight no clue

The Sherpa and MAX promo videos are available to watch on my Facebook page
"All Day Wheel." 

All Day Wheel Facebook Page

IMG_2985 - Copy.jpg

Snapshot_54.png

Thats a spectacular idea Joey! great work!

1 hour ago, Joey Serrin said:

MAX: Phase 2 almost complete. Not leaking any information till video. Sorry. Just expect double performance

Sherpa: Prototype: 10x8 rim 350watt, 170wh, 9mph top speed feathering the petals. 13inch tire diameter. 40lbs (lots of unnecessary metal)

Sherpa V2 design: 10x6, 1000watt, 350wh, 18mph top speed, 15-16inch tire diameter. Expected weight no clue

The Sherpa and MAX promo videos are available to watch on my Facebook page
"All Day Wheel." 

All Day Wheel Facebook Page

IMG_2985 - Copy.jpg

Snapshot_54.png

OK, that's an insane picture - love it. I think I'll try a shot like that with my Monster :)

17 hours ago, Will Prowse said:

Hey guys! I live in the Bay area and did some riding in SF on my kingsong 14c. Enjoy! :)

Oh hello, it's the guy whose yt channel I found by chance and now I'm nearing 2000 spent on electric unicycle related stuff.... and loving it. So... thanks! Would not be here without you.

You should post your other EUC videos, especially the one comparing EUCs to other modes of transport, it's great and pretty unique in this regard.