Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

23 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm seriously rethinking things.  My arm is better today, but man the last two days were not fun.  I have a feeling I will get back on the wheel eventually, but I don't think I'll be zooming up to 47 kph any more.  Falling off at that speed likely would result in greater potential for serious injuries.  I think if I were younger and didn't have so many responsibilities I wouldn't be as hesitant.  This sport is not for the faint of heart or the weak of bone.  :efef927839:

You need to be smart how you go about this. Do not hurt to stop and think. Better before than never at at all.

The good and bad with EUCs are they are easy to bail if things start to go bad. Now the bad part is how fast and little time you have to realize this. Some time it can be instant. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm seriously rethinking things.  My arm is better today, but man the last two days were not fun.  I have a feeling I will get back on the wheel eventually, but I don't think I'll be zooming up to 47 kph any more.  Falling off at that speed likely would result in greater potential for serious injuries.  I think if I were younger and didn't have so many responsibilities I wouldn't be as hesitant.  This sport is not for the faint of heart or the weak of bone.  :efef927839:

yaas, that is why, with me medicating my terminal cancer on cannabis oil and continuing to run a 325 acre cattle ranch by myself living in a non converted cargo container, i had to go slowly and methodically into the world of eucs. 

and why i continue to scour the internet for information on mechanical failures.

even falling in the pasture at slow speed, as funny as i think it is at the time, bruises can still take a long time to heal.

i kinda think the minebot s1’s should always be in ur stable. just little maintenance runs on those remind u what a safe speed is, so when u are on ur others , 15 mph without tiltback feels great.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

from my motorcycle days, what i learned was, i didn’t go faster than what i couldn’t safely control from how far in front of me i could see. could be a car stopping, a shovel in the road, a sinkhole, live animal, dead animal, etc etc, i’ve seen them all i think.

scares the holy shit out of u. some biker friends of mine got seriously hurt in oregon when a couple of huge ass deer thought they could jump over them, but that’s another story.

nothing good comes from speed except on a motorcycle in crowded traffic conditions, i’d use speed to find “clear air” away from the cagers. and eucs don’t have enough speed for that.

never have experiencing a dreaded cutoff, i try to imagine myself sitting on the front of my jeep with a friend driving it down the road at a speed i choose and to slam on the brakes without notice. depending on how young u are and padded up, pick ur speed.

i know i wouldn’t want to fly off the front of my jeep facing forwards at 20 mph. i’m too brittle.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I’m not sure about that. If I had not donned a helmet that day the outcome could have been much worse. 

It is amazing on how one can brush off a bad experience and regain a sense of confidence to ride again. In my case a lingering doubt remains present before each ride. The same thing happened after my 2 helicopter crashes. That carefree exhilaration diminishes. 

I put my wife and staff through hell so I’m sure that contributes to my occasional apprehension.

OMG..not 1 , but 2 helicopter crashes. Yikes. Yeah...I was given a helicopter ride when I was in 8th grade. That was my last helicopter ride ever.

I keep hearing this line from The Shawshank Redemption in my head;

"Andy Dufresne: [to Red] I guess it comes down a simple choice: Get busy living, or get busy dying."

As long as I feel like I'm livin'....that's good for me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I’m not sure about that. If I had not donned a helmet that day the outcome could have been much worse. 

It is amazing on how one can brush off a bad experience and regain a sense of confidence to ride again. In my case a lingering doubt remains present before each ride. The same thing happened after my 2 helicopter crashes. That carefree exhilaration diminishes. 

I put my wife and staff through hell so I’m sure that contributes to my occasional apprehension.

The universe is a much much more dangerous place than what we give credit for, and the reason we do not is survivor bias.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

OMG..not 1 , but 2 helicopter crashes. 

Both were experimental. I never had any issues with my commercial Enstroms or Bell 47. Just like helicopters EUC riders at times become test pilots dedicating their time and efforts working out firmware and component bugs. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

Sometimes I think it's good I didn't have the $$ to get started in experimental aircraft when I was very young. I used to look at all the kits you could buy at the back of Popular Mechanics magazines. Then I heard that the local small airport had several people behead themselves on rotors. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

How are you feeling buddy?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And winter is almost here. Looking on the bright side, you were about to enter hibernation anyway, so by the time you come out of the cave next spring you should be all healed up.

and cannabis is gonna be legal in canada so do some cannabis oil orally and u will be better than new.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And winter is almost here. Looking on the bright side, you were about to enter hibernation anyway, so by the time you come out of the cave next spring you should be all healed up.

Ohh so he is a Russian grisly bear?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Doing better thanks!  :w00t2:  Far from 100% though, but it’s getting there I think.  It’s still painful putting pressure on the arm like getting up from the ground.  Slowly but surely I think it’s healing.

That’s positive news. You definitely took a blow to your rotator cuff. The shoulder is a wonderful joint until it is sustains a significant impact. I hope your positive  progress continues.

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

How are things with you?  Glad to see that you’re still rolling about.  I’ve lost that lovin’ feeling unfortunately for the time being.  It’s hard to get things done when you’ve got an injured wing.  I have to change some rear sway bar links, and I hope my arm doesn’t give me any trouble!  :rolleyes:  If my arm didn’t take such a hard hit I’d probably be still riding.  Roll safe out there!

I still have trouble putting on lab coats and feeding my belt through my pant loops but my progress exceeded everyone’s expectations so I’m pleased. 

If you haven’t done so already find some shoulder physical therapy videos on YouTube to aid in the healing process. Unfortunately you don’t have any idea what muscle(s) you injured so self diagnosing is never a good idea. That’s why God invented orthopedists.   ;) Be well my friend! 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 5:45 AM, Rehab1 said:

I still have trouble feeding my belt through my pant loops

That brings back memories. This was my daily reminder of my injury for several years.  ( just 10 seconds a day) 

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to both of you!

Hunnka your absences has been noticed. It has been kinda gloomy around here without you.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 5:45 AM, Rehab1 said:

and feeding my belt 

lose the belt. better for ur lymphatic system. google it.

why i only wear coveralls,(when i’m not naked, naked is better but roughhousing with Bob makes naked dicey) like ur old flight suits, exclusively now. 

probably why doctors wear pajamas, they know better.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 10:25 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Doing better thanks!  :w00t2:  Far from 100% though, but it’s getting there I think.  It’s still painful putting pressure on the arm like getting up from the ground.  Slowly but surely I think it’s healing.

How are things with you?  Glad to see that you’re still rolling about.  I’ve lost that lovin’ feeling unfortunately for the time being.  It’s hard to get things done when you’ve got an injured wing.  I have to change some rear sway bar links, and I hope my arm doesn’t give me any trouble!  :rolleyes:  If my arm didn’t take such a hard hit I’d probably be still riding.  Roll safe out there!

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love glad to hear you're on the mend and feeling better. I hope you return to riding (and posting) soon, perhaps with a new-found appreciation for the limitations of your E+ :efee47c9c8:

Btw, Ian @Speedyfeet is wearing Demon gear (upper body suit) in his new review of the 18L (starting @12:55), so you can see how cool it looks.

image.png.0f79d5e75e0de87116005692ebd61503.png

image.png

Edited by litewave
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I also feel like a wimp for taking so long to recover from a simple fall!  :efeec46606:

You are no wimp!  It is easy to tear your rotator cuff and it does not heal quick.  You don't have to fall off an EUC to injure it either. Most people just trip getting out of the tub. At least you have a better story to tell ................ Awwwww!   #!%&  now I just pictured Hunka getting out of the Tub!! 

Edited by RockyTop
spel'n
  • Like 3

my philosophy on wheels is this,

i’ve got a fairly new 4wd massey ferguson tractor 100hp sitting outside, it can probably hit over 20 mph on pavement, masseys are fast, if u have any brain cells, u won’t.

my only reason ever to even consider a wheel was to be able to exercise Bob and tour my ranch at the same time. 64 years old, alone managing 325 acre cattle ranch living in a cargo container, with over a hundred innocent souls depending on me. 

my plan was to learn how, try a bunch of wheels and then settle on one. the z10 is the only one that can do it all out here. 

just because it can go 28 mph, doesn’t mean it has to go that fast with me on it. Bob’s leisurely trot speed and walking speed is perfectly fine for our use. i’m over any thrill seeking that i ever had. camping out in the woods suffices. 

to me, the z10 is just a tool to help me exercise my beloved Bob.

thought about keeping an s2 for continued leash training with Bob because i was scared of running over his toes when he tries to block me, but my safety is more important and he just has to learn. we’re getting there and the weather is finally starting to dry out a bit so i think we will be fine and i’ll get a heeling stick to keep him away from the wheel.

i’ll return the silicone pedal protectors u made me or ship them to some other lucky recipient of ur choice since i’m getting rid of my v10f. thanks again for being so nice @Rehab1.

20180903_191626

20180903_191910

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

i’ll return the silicone pedal protectors u made me or ship them to some other lucky recipient of ur choice since i’m getting rid of my v10f. thanks again for being so nice @Rehab1.

Be patient big guy. There should  be some resolution in your favor. 

• Like 1