Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

GW1600 is probably the Gotway MSuperV3s.

The GW1600 is dangerous from the high speed it generates, or indeed the speed any large powerful wheel generates. It does have a disconcerting weave at higher speeds, noticed also by @Tishawn Fahie in his review.

I'm hoping that @Rehab1 simply retire to something small like the Ninebot or Segway S1, or other sub 15 mph wheel, instead of entirely foregoing wheels, as crashing those tiny wheels at low speeds doesn't usually cause that much damage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

GW1600 is probably the Gotway MSuperV3s.

The GW1600 is dangerous from the high speed it generates, or indeed the speed any large powerful wheel generates. It does have a disconcerting weave at higher speeds, noticed also by @Tishawn Fahie in his review.

I'm hoping that @Rehab1 simply retire to something small like the Ninebot or Segway S1, or other sub 15 mph wheel, instead of entirely foregoing wheels, as crashing those tiny wheels at low speeds doesn't usually cause that much damage.

Dan doesn't own an MSuper. But based on how he wrote his signature I think it's the ACM.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I uprighted the smashed up ACM and road it back to my truck 1/4 mile away.

Love those spiked pedal mods ?

My former boss is from Ohio. Following the death of her (older) husband she was involved in a two car collision at a road structure called a rotary. I got a call from her and she described the event and asked if I could see her at Mass General and also retrieve some items from her car at the place to where it had been towed. When I entered the room where she was an inpatient I saw my boss laying horizontal on the bed, urine bag hanging by the side and head suspended by rods within a 'halo support'. The quip was that she had an accident with 'crazy Egyptian' who entered the rotary and hit her car. The impact tossed her into the windshield in front of the passenger seat (neck fracture). The recovery time including the halo was long. After healing multiple issues remained with arm movements due to atrophy of muscles . Years later...range of motion issues not disappearing.

Good luck...

BTW I was told (during my shoulder treatment last year) that the humoral head interior is a 'mushy' anatomic structure.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2

So you're saying that you feel better now that Dan/ @Rehab1 has crashed? :)

I feel like that female reporter who kept saying that.

While riding, look to your left and to your right, and realize just how fast we are going even with speed limited 12 mph wheels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

This makes me feel much better about all the hassle I go through before each ride to wear full body armor (that includes shoulder and collar bone protection). 

What do you wear that prevents the humerus from breaking? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kasenutty said:

What do you wear that prevents the humerus from breaking? 

Nothing prevents the breaking of any bone. I wear a lot of gear that will absorb a lot of energy in an impact. With luck it will absorb enough to reduce the chances of serious injury but nothing is guaranteed and the wrong fall will hurt you regardless of what you are wearing. Murphy says that fall is probably be the one you will have. 

For upper body protection I wear a protective undershirt with reactive pads over the shoulder, collar bone, sternum and ribs augmented by a full back protector covering spine and shoulder blades. 

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Of course not. Poor choice of words. 

It reinforces my decision to gear up to the hilt for each ride despite the grief of doing so. Better? 

It's my joke from this article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/putting-monsterpaint-onjordan-peterson/550859/

I don't do this myself because it's "just" a statement with a huge leap in assumption, but I've had it done to me quite often yet could never quite figure out what to say other than, "that's not what I said" while still leaving me at a loss for words. I now put this statement in the same group of, "you're wrong because you're a Nazi" in the sense it's just a statement with nothing (or everything/anything) to support it.

@WARPed1701D, have you thought about getting an Aerostitch suit or its ilk? Takes like 5 seconds to put on, and 3 to take off, and affords shoulder, hip, knee, elbow, and CE rated spine protection.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

ACM 1600.i was still in shock last night. Hard to type with one arm so I’m going to keep it short. The ACM was running strong.  No alarms occurred but it suddenly went into an uncontrollable wobble. Slight at first but within 2-3 seconds it became was all over the place. I tried slowing down and it just became worse and then I just lost control. My helmet’s face guard hit first and then my left should. Extremely dissy with adrenaline flowing lime crazy I uprighted the smashed up ACM and road it back to my truck 1/4 mile away. My nurse wife  was horrifed and put steri strips over my gash about the left eye. Xray results: comminuted fx left humeral head, avulsion fx along greater tuberosity, superior subluxation of the articular humeral head and widening of the acromioclavicular joint. 

Sorry I have leave right now but thanks to everyone offering their wishes. 

Dan, I glad your accident was not worse than it could have been. Sad to see you go though. I had a blast riding with you and should be able to get my footage out here soon so you can have that for your good memories that these electric unicycles have provided.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

I ruined a $220 Northface jacket, missed a $300 non-refundable flight, out of work for at least 3 work days and a weekend, and am in pain.

Do you have trip cancellation insurance by any chance? Perhaps as a perk on the credit card you used to purchase the flight?