Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

1 hour ago, Scatcat said:

Prisons are surreal. I've visited a couple, and even though those were considered the low risk, open type, the human anguish and anxiety seems to have seeped into the walls.

But you seem to a calm nice person from the time we have met up.

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

Well, I did not say I saw the inside of those prisons as a "client"... 

😄

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The hits just keep on comin. What costs more...two Kingsong 16Xs or a trip to the vet? :crying:

32603692837_d1b489f919_b.jpg

If you can afford it, no problems. Personally, I do have limits for pets, but that's just me and everyone is obviously different.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If you can afford it, no problems. Personally, I do have limits for pets, but that's just me and everyone is obviously different.

I hear you but Cooper is like family. Technically he is my wife’s dog and I have the other labradoodle,  Abby. After today I should be in her good graces for awhile. 

• Like 3

Wow! It adds up quickly.

My brother spent $7,000 on his border collie when she was 9 years old. She had cancer. They cured her and she lived to be 17. I believe that dog was there when he really needed her so I can’t really put a price on her. 

I don’t think my dog would have lived as long under the same condition.............. 

• Like 2

It sounds like your brother really cherished his collie. Hard to place a price tag on a loved one.

This vet is so specialized that people fly in from other parts of the country to see him. Cooper is only 5 yrs old so I’m glad we sought treatment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:20 AM, Rehab1 said:

I hear you but Cooper is like family. Technically he is my wife’s dog and I have the other labradoodle,  Abby. After today I should be in her good graces for awhile. 

I have 2 ragdoll cats. I live as singel, as a happy singel.

But the cats gives me company that is priceless. I have been lucky to mot have had any issues, but if I were to choose a huge vet bill on one of the cats, like you said @Rehab1 they are family even more that my human relatives. It is not a choice it is just to pay up. Despite having insurance the vet bill can necome rather steep.

Now I live on 4th floor and cats are 120% indoor cats, only comming out on balcony in summer time.

I hope your wifes and your dog do ok now.

By law  we have to protec pets on 2nd floor or higher if they have acces to balcony.

(picture removed due upload space limitations) 

She sits like this 9 out of 10 time whive I take off my gear. Sometimes also when I leave in the morning on my wheel.

(picture removed due upload space limitations) 

Give your dogs a pad from me please.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

@Unventor. I love your cats.  Ragdolls are an expensive breed, but so pretty.  I think your cat wants to go out with out.  I had a neighbor with Ragdolls and she walked them on a leash, every day, of course they couldn't go outside by themselves because some asshole would steal them within ten minutes, but they did seem to like their walks.

Iv'e owned indoor and in/outdoors cats. The indoor cats seemed to long to go out at times, but the in/out cats suffered as a consequence; run over-dead, run over-lost a leg, shot with pellet gun, cuts and abscesses from fights with other cats, missing never seen again, etc. It's a trade off.

You are all correct; a good pet is a family member, and cost is not a consideration if they are hurting. (If you have money, of course, otherwise it is a consideration)

Health care in the UK is free for humans (private medicine is also available for those with cashola or insurance through work) but vets are expensive here (they didn't used to be) and so everyone has to have pet health insurance, which is also expensive. So ironically you have a situation where your pets health care cost considerably more than your own.

(we do actually have free/cheap healthcare for pets PDSA (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals) but you have to be certified very poor to qualify. Otherwise it's "pay up sucker")

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I just read this thread...again. Wow. So much information it should be a stickie. (I ran out of "likes"/upvotes again, just in this thread.)

Other than the gravity of things that happened over the years of the many contributions made to this thread It made me think of the contrast between @Rehab1, where everything that can go wrong does, and @ShanesPlanet, where everything that does go wrong results in some sort of successful bailout.

I'm going to get more protective gear--I don't want to end up like either one of those guys.... :cry2:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

the contrast between @Rehab1, where everything that can go wrong does, and @ShanesPlanet, where everything that does go wrong results in some sort of successful bailout.

Thanks buddy!:thumbup:
Lol....  Cheers to @ShanesPlanet
 and his endless luck.:cheers:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks buddy!:thumbup:
Lol....  Cheers to @ShanesPlanet
 and his endless luck.:cheers:

Dad always said. "it's better to be lucky than good, as luck takes no effort".  Im sure he stole that quote from somewhere. As insane as I appear, I do have limits and am reluctant to push the odds at times. You however, just unlucky or happen to push your own limits a hair? We aint talking overall risk, but personal risks. Kinda like its safer for an x-games athlete to jump a 50' ramp, than it is for me to jump a curb.  If it is just luck, don't share YOURS this way...

I vote that we both find ourselves lucky all year from yesterday until well beyond "tomorrow". We can hope for it anyhow.:cheers:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ah DANG!  I commented on your older s18 suspension thread(s) which I thoroughly enjoyed reading, only to search through your posts and see you had some serious crashes.  I am so sorry to hear this.  I haven't had a chance to read the 37 pages of this thread yet, but it seems like things got better.  

Thank you again for your good attitude and contrubitions!

• Like 1