Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

38 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Be patient big guy. There should  be some resolution in your favor. 

i’m not worried about any of that, like i said and stated a long time ago, once i figured out the right tool, i’d ride it exclusively.

i figure everything happens for a reason and come on, really, what’s the likelihood of inmotion switching my wheels. just a mistake, i know, but not returning my phone call, i must switch allegiance. and for some reason i knew all this would happen.

anybody, even girls, nothing against girls, they are my only friends, even they could look at a teardown video of the z10 compared with the other wheels and determined it was better built. 

plus the z10 is the only one that they like the looks of.

besides walking Bob, picking up packages at the end of my driveway 1/3rd of a mile away, right or wrong, i think before getting a wheel to get it because i know the tires supposedly are adequate, even though we are running waay over capacity, i don’t go get a fifty pound package and strain the tires additionally. no worries with the z10.

plus i bet i’ve watched that teardown video at least ten times. i just love looking at work that looks like someone was trying. if my living conditions weren’t so primitive, i’d open mine up just to admire the work first hand. 

i love the silicone protectors though. especially for the z10. i don’t want to pop a blood vessel trying carefully laying it in my jeep or touareg. maybe i could reheat them and make them fit the z10?

any wheel will work on my road but only the z10 will work in my pastures also. i choose not to be away from Bob so riding time is very limited. i need to focus on the handling of one wheel. and my storage space s very limited. probably get two more z10’s.

Edited by novazeus

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Another water accident this time in my basement. Drywall, carpeting and molding damage. I sucked up over 100 gallons of water yesterday morning and the industrial fans have been running constantly. Thank God I caught it before going to work. 

45608053014_1ac8bbce69_b.jpg

That's a big-@s trophy! Were you national kung-fu champ in 1999?

• Like 2

Oh man, what a pain.  I had a humidifier tubing burst a small hole in my basement.  Good thing I noticed it, but it did soak up a bunch of stuff.  There are water leak detectors that can be wired to alarm systems as well as water leak alarms.  I bought the sound emitting one that takes a nine volt battery off eBay or maybe it was AliExpress.  They were quite cheap.

Was it a burst pipe?

• Like 1

I am very sorry for your loss which you've shared with us before, and for being insensitive. I hope you can have it rebuilt at a professional trophy shop, and return it to a safer display area once all the repairs are complete. 

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, litewave said:

I am very sorry for your loss which you've shared with us before, and for for being insensitive. I hope you can have it rebuilt at a professional trophy shop, and return it to a safer display area once all the repairs are complete. 

Thank you Litewave. You were not insensitive one bit. It is a big trophy. My son‘s photo is what was destroyed. The trophy is fine. I never thought the photo and trophy sitting high up on a table would ever be an issue but the water sprayed directly downward. I am hoping there is a copy stored somewhere in a computer file. Take care. 

• Like 2

I wonder if using PEX tubing and crimp ring compression fittings might be an easier way to go.  I’m no plumber though so I don’t know the pros and cons.  It looks like they use those slip fit shark bite ones in the military so it’s probably installer errors that create issues.

At least the pool table was covered!  

I got some of these el cheapo ones:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Water-Leak-Alarm-Flood-Level-Overflow-Out-Detector-Sensor-for-Home-Security/332639258828

But I see they also have wifi ones too:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NAS-WS02W-Smart-Water-Sensor-WiFi-Flood-Sensor-Alarm-System-Leak-Detector-White/202483416981

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if using PEX tubing and crimp ring compression fittings might be an easier way to go.  I’m no plumber though so I don’t know the pros and cons.  It looks like they use those slip fit shark bite ones in the military so it’s probably installer errors that create issues.

I use both the crimp and shark bites on PEX. In difficult areas where you can’t use the long crimping tool the sharks work great. Unfortunately their 10Xs the cost of standard crimp fittings. 

Yes it was an installation error. 

57 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

At least the pool table was covered!  

The water went under the table so I had to lift it up and use my wife’s Tupperware lids to place under the wooden legs. 

I like the WiFi version. Definitely a consideration. I installed a remote control 1” main waterline shut off a few year’s back. In this occasion I was home so it was useless. 

• Like 1

Anyone here been paralyzed on a hospital or nursing bed? I have, twice, and it's just pure misery.

Now both times were just simple illnesses that got out of hand, something antibiotics easily cured, but being on one's back with your ass hurting due to the inability to move (the blood pools) is just pure misery. Minutes feel like hours. Men always say they want to go while having sex with a hit woman, but if you have some lingering illness I can assure you sex is the furthest thing from your mind, (even for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love).

I cringe for those that need a tracheotomy, where they pass a tube into your throat.

Is there a realistic possibility of some sort of recovery? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

1 year anniversary since my accident. I was hoping my 2019 would start out on a more positive note. My brother suffered another stroke over the weekend and is on life support again. The doctors are recommending palliative care. I’ve never made a decision to end a family member’s life before but I need to comply with my brother’s wishes requested in his living will. 

The verbiage in most living wills is filled with so much ambiguity. When I visited him last month at bedside he communicated by squeezing my hand. My brother’s living will stated that he did not want any form of artificial respiration or feeding tubes if he was ‘unconscious’ but in my view he was still conscious and able to make decisions on his own so I refrained from removing his life support. The physicians are now recommending it.

Was my brother cognizant and communicating his wishes with me last month or did I misinterpret his true feelings? I now feel guilty that I made the wrong decision. He is in constant pain (morphine only provides so much comfort) from an emergency hip surgery and the hip is now dislocated from being bedridden along with his arm and leg being shackled to the hospital bed.

I’ve never had a family member incarcerated before so this is difficult for me to comprehend why the prison feels my brother is a flight risk when he can’t move, breath or eat on his own.

My sincere apologizes for my story. It is easier for me to share my feelings and thoughts with my second (forum) family than personally discuss them with actual family members. I’m sure my mother and father are looking down to provide my brother comfort and will welcome him home when the time arrives.

I'm sorry for you and your brother that this is still going on. It's a tough call, either way has positives and negatives.

Think carefully, search your soul, act decisely, do the best thing for your brother.  He's counting on you.  Will you question your decision? Absolutly, either way. That's why you must think carefully.  Only then will you be able to gain some comfort about your decision, when you interrogate yourself about it afterwards.  You won't feel good either way, about your decision, so trying to find the "feel good" solution is pointless.

Our best wishes are with you.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I'm sorry for you and your brother that this is still going on. It's a tough call, either way has positives and negatives.

Thanks buddy! It means a lot!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Sorry for my late reply. Thank you for your kind thoughts @Flying W and @Scatcat.. My brother began palliative care yesterday with a DNR status. It is in God’s hands now. I just just want him to go peacefully. Take care

Take care you too, and I really hope it will be as peaceful as possible.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2019 at 8:00 AM, Scatcat said:

Take care you too, and I really hope it will be as peaceful as possible.

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You and your brother are in our thoughts...   

My sincere thanks. I need to pick myself up and stop feeling down.