WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

Just now really getting to grips with Wheel Log, especially the Tizen app which I must have missed until recently when I started reading back all 35 pages amd saw that it was available. I have had a Samsung Gear S2 for a few years which generally gathers dust so making use of it now! The only issue I seem to have is that I believe the watch is reading kmh despite having set Wheel log to mph...does that sound right? Is there any way of getting it to show mph on the watch? I think the distance is some way out as well, although I think its more than the difference between kmh/mph. I cant be sure yet as I am still learning in my back garden but I am fairly confident the speed is reading kmh.

Thank you so much for both apps though, I can only guess at how much work must have gone into them!

• Upvote 1

Bonjour, à tous et Merci @Seba @koto pour rendre cette application fonctionnelle au mieux ! Trois petites choses !

la première est-ce que l'apk à été mis à jour avec la version corrigé de @koto wheellog-french-0.3.zip 

La deuxième y'a t'il possibilité de réduire les noms sur l'interface mettre peut-être des abréviations ? Je propose par exemple "Vitesse Moyenne en roulant" = " Vitesse Moyenne" & "durée en mouvement" en "Durée Mouvement"  

La troisième chose on me remonte que lorsque on laisse l'application allumée et qu'on coupe la roue et qu'on rallume la roue on perds les informations ? est-ce normal ? Il faudrait pouvoir conserver ses informations t'en que l'application soit active ?  

Voilà MERCI encore pour votre travail à tous :) 

image.thumb.png.6ff5c080de33ed46cb4a01848d44bddd.png

On 3/28/2019 at 8:57 AM, Seba said:

It's a strange, because I can't reproduce this. Standard, periodic voice messages are by default repeated in one minute interval. When this periodic report is interrupted by alarm, it will be played after another minute. I understand that after alarm, normal messages are not played anymore - is it correct?

That's correct. Ok I'll try to use another mobile phone. I have a "very" old Samsung Galaxy S4. I cannot use Gotway App on this device but Gotway App works fine with another device. I'll try with a Huawei P10 lite and I'll tell you (yes, you have noticed that I don't own the latest mobile phones ;-) )

21 hours ago, grattounet said:

Bonjour, à tous et Merci @Seba @koto pour rendre cette application fonctionnelle au mieux ! Trois petites choses !

la première est-ce que l'apk à été mis à jour avec la version corrigé de @koto wheellog-french-0.3.zip 

La deuxième y'a t'il possibilité de réduire les noms sur l'interface mettre peut-être des abréviations ? Je propose par exemple "Vitesse Moyenne en roulant" = " Vitesse Moyenne" & "durée en mouvement" en "Durée Mouvement"  

La troisième chose on me remonte que lorsque on laisse l'application allumée et qu'on coupe la roue et qu'on rallume la roue on perds les informations ? est-ce normal ? Il faudrait pouvoir conserver ses informations t'en que l'application soit active ?  

Voilà MERCI encore pour votre travail à tous :) 

image.thumb.png.6ff5c080de33ed46cb4a01848d44bddd.png

@grattounet: Dans l'application il y a bien une différence entre "Vitesse Moyenne" et "Vitesse Moyenne En Roulant". Pour éviter toute ambiguïté, il me semble correct de garder le même vocabulaire dans toute l'application. Si en une heure, tu parcours 20 km tu vas avoir l'impression qu'à cet emplacement du devrais lire 20 km/h si on l'appelle "Vitesse Moyenne" or ce ne sera pas le cas. Tu auras une valeur supérieure. Le valeur affichée correspond bien à "la vitesse moyenne en roulant" ou "vitesse moyenne en mouvement". Je préfère garder "en roulant" car c'est déjà trop long comme ça

Pour "Durée en mouvement": c'est exactement ça que ça mesure. Je trouve que "Durée Mouvement" n'est pas super clair. Je peux éventuellement enlever les espaces pour que ça tienne moins de place si c'est ça qui te semble ennuyeux.

For those who do not speak french, I know that you can use google/translate but I'll try to sum up.

The first point is to change "Average riding speed" to "Average speed". These 2 indicators are not the same thing ans both exist in the app so it's not accurate to change this string. It could make it confusing.

The second point is just about shortening the string "Durée en mouvement". It can also make it confusing.

11 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

@koto I also started the translation but as many have put themselves there without coordination, I stopped.

Every suggestions are welcome. We do these things for us...

56 minutes ago, koto said:

That's correct. Ok I'll try to use another mobile phone. I have a "very" old Samsung Galaxy S4. I cannot use Gotway App on this device but Gotway App works fine with another device. I'll try with a Huawei P10 lite and I'll tell you (yes, you have noticed that I don't own the latest mobile phones ;-) )

@Seba: I works fine with mu Huawei P10 lite. I think there is no bug in wheellog. From now on, I will use the P10 lite  :-)

• Like 1

@Seba: May I suggest you to create a "help" or "readme" or "info" section/menu or something similar. Some guys asked me to shorten some strings on the speedometer screen. I think it may be necessary/welcome to explain in details the meaning of these shortened strings. for that purpose it should be helpful to have a room to write these explanation.

I guess you'll have to create a new entry in the file strings.xml to define de content of this help (or readme or info). If you are ok with that, I'll wait for  this new entry in the file  before sending you a new version of french translation.

Edited by koto

On 3/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, Seba said:

Thank you for your contribution, I'm sure that French users will be happy with that :thumbup: You can download latest installer APK with French language to see how it looks now. Please take a look at arrays.xml, seems that second half of the file still needs translation. Also last six items in strings.xml seems to be still in English.

Please download latest APK from https://euc.world/downloads/wheellog-eucworld-2.0.22-release.apk so you can test your translation :) 

In regard to wheel alarms I'm afraid there is no way to get informations about alarms triggered by the wheel electronics itself. So we have to rely on alarms generated on WheelLog side. I found WheelLog speed alarms to be as instant as wheel ones, so there is no significant delay.

That is not true. I've made a pull request on the original repo that works with then.

Send me the git link so I can Merge in yours

Thank you for all the work @palachzzz!

I recognzied the wheellog is working on wear os smartwatch. (kingsong only?)

Is that wheellog also working on ninebot Z10 through the wear os smartwatch?

Is that possible having any new programs can apply on Z10 in the future?

I am looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

Edited by Kim Lam

6 hours ago, koto said:

@Seba: May I suggest you to create a "help" or "readme" or "info" section/menu or something similar. Some guys asked me to shorten some strings on the speedometer screen. I think it may be necessary/welcome to explain in details the meaning of these shortened strings. for that purpose it should be helpful to have a room to write these explanation.

I guess you'll have to create a new entry in the file strings.xml to define de content of this help (or readme or info). If you are ok with that, I'll wait for  this new entry in the file  before sending you a new version of french translation.

Maybe instead of shortening them, changing the text size to a smaller one so it can fit!?

On 3/30/2019 at 9:36 AM, koto said:

The first point is to change "Average riding speed" to "Average speed". These 2 indicators are not the same thing ans both exist in the app so it's not accurate to change this string. It could make it confusing.

Maybe something like "Average riding" and missing "speed" may be implicated from km/h unit in the value?

21 minutes ago, grattounet said:

Bonjour, à tous

Ou se trouve la dernière version française de Wheelog Merci car je m'y perds un peu :( 

Hi!

French whellog is still in the development/testing phase - if you look through the last posts you'll find some links to test releases, or you wait until it's finished:

On 3/31/2019 at 3:36 PM, palachzzz said:

After testing of @Seba's version it will be published in PlayMarket

• Like 1

14 hours ago, koto said:

@Seba and @palachzzz :

FRENCH TRANSLATION:

I've shortened some strings for the main screen as suggested by some french users. Here follows the last version of french translation files

wheellog-french-0.4.zip

Thank you, I'll be building new version today so I will include this translation.

EDIT: Due to preparation for a long weekend (over 315 km on my KS-18XL during three days) I will build new version on Monday.

Edited by Seba

Hello beautiful people.
I was trying the Wheellog app today with my inmotion v10 and if I set the speed to 45km/h (full charge).. the wheel won't pass the 35km per hour. 
I had to uninstall the app, then the wheel was just able to reach 37, never reached even 38 ever again. did anybody experience something similar?
what am I doing wrong?

Ok, here is the new version of WheelLog. Updated French language with @koto language files. Additionally, made some changes in regard to live map feature. Now you can register at https://euc.world to get your API key and use WheelLog to map your rides. This service is still under development, but I need some motivation so I finally put it to public so you can use and report bugs and request features :) 

You can download it here - http://euc.world/downloads/wheellog-eucworld-2.0.24-release.apk

euc.world is a service that I initially made for myself, to publish my long-range rides live on my blog. Soon I realized that there are many people that would like to use it also, so I decided to make it freely available to all of you. Of course it's in early development phase, so there is still lot to do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gianluca Silvestrini said:

Hello beautiful people.
I was trying the Wheellog app today with my inmotion v10 and if I set the speed to 45km/h (full charge).. the wheel won't pass the 35km per hour. 
I had to uninstall the app, then the wheel was just able to reach 37, never reached even 38 ever again. did anybody experience something similar?
what am I doing wrong?

Hi! Did it ever go faster before? Is the battery fully charged? Whats the voltage?