WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

56 minutes ago, Márton József Bulla said:

Hello fellas,

I'm using my Inmotion V5F unicycle with Wheellog and it works perfectly but i wanted to send the app data to somehow a smartwatch. So i bargained an older Pebble Time because i saw it on YT that many of you uses this model. Unfortunately i didnt know that cruical information that i have to linke a Pebble account with a Rebble acc, so im stucked into the process right now. I cannot install any softwares onto my Pebble Time. 

Is there any way to solve this problem or i will never ever could use my Pebble with Wheellog?

Im a bit despaired about this...

What "crucial information" are you missing?

2 hours ago, Márton József Bulla said:

Hello fellas,

I'm using my Inmotion V5F unicycle with Wheellog and it works perfectly but i wanted to send the app data to somehow a smartwatch. So i bargained an older Pebble Time because i saw it on YT that many of you uses this model. Unfortunately i didnt know that cruical information that i have to linke a Pebble account with a Rebble acc, so im stucked into the process right now. I cannot install any softwares onto my Pebble Time. 

Is there any way to solve this problem or i will never ever could use my Pebble with Wheellog?

Im a bit despaired about this...

You don't need a pebble account before hand

follow the steps from my post here and it should work:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8311-wheellog-android-app/?do=findComment&comment=211564

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/20/2018 at 10:34 PM, palachzzz said:

I have great news for all. 

I didn't expect this, but @Jason McNeil of ewheels.com contacted me and suggested that I continue maintaining WheelLog, in turn he offered to me access to Kevin Cooper's account in the Play Market, with the possibility of publishing WheelLog.
Thus, all subsequent WheelLog updates will be distributed through the Play Market. Thanks Jason ( @Jason McNeil), thanks Kevin ( @JumpMaster), it was really surprising. 

2.0.16:
- Fixed reconnection to Ninebot Z, and some more bugs with it.

2.0.17:
-
 Added GPS speed, heading, altitude to logs (now you are able to see how GPS far from reality, or.. )

2.0.18:
- Added Solowheel Glide 3 support

2.0.19:
- Roll back of battery percents to official formulas (I'll return to this question when I figure out how to do it better)

You can find new version in Play Market.
Source code was updated: https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid

Hi, I just checked my version of WheelLog and its 2.0.14. I see there is a later version 2.0.19 but when I visit the Play Store, it says the app is already installed. (No mention of a later version ) Any ideas why?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Juggler said:

Hi, I just checked my version of WheelLog and its 2.0.14. I see there is a later version 2.0.19 but when I visit the Play Store, it says the app is already installed. (No mention of a later version ) Any ideas why?

Maybe you still have some manually installed version and so the update does not work? You could try uninstalling your version and installing the new one via play store?

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Maybe you still have some manually installed version and so the update does not work? You could try uninstalling your version and installing the new one via play store?

Yes that's what you have to do 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi @palachzzz,

Attached is a one-line patch for a tiny bug.

git diff WheelData.java
diff --git a/app/src/main/java/com/cooper/wheellog/WheelData.java b/app/src/main/java/com/cooper/wheellog/WheelData.java
index 1d19dcc..e03cb62 100644
--- a/app/src/main/java/com/cooper/wheellog/WheelData.java
+++ b/app/src/main/java/com/cooper/wheellog/WheelData.java
@@ -700,7 +700,7 @@ public class WheelData {
                 break;
                        case TEMPERATURE:
                 pattern = new long[]{0, 500, 100, 100, 100, 500, 100, 100, 100, 500, 100, 100, 100};
-                mCurrentAlarmExecuted = true;
+                mTemperatureAlarmExecuted = true;
                 break;
         }
         mContext.sendBroadcast(intent);

WheelData.java.patch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mankwee said:

Is Wheellog  (2.0.19) compatible with the Ninebot One E+.

I can't have it to work ...

WheelLog was specifically modified to support the Z10, not any Ninebot wheel. If it does work with the One E+ it's pure happenstance.

• 2 weeks later...

So is it the Beep (as Horn from the watch preference)option support for GW coming out anytime soon

atm using v. 2.0.19

and my Tesla do nothing when pressing the middle bottom on watch

that was a deal breaker for me,  one of the main reason i purchase the watch was to have that feature while riding in the city...

19 minutes ago, arqfg said:

So is it the Beep (as Horn from the watch preference)option support for GW coming out anytime soon

atm using v. 2.0.19

and my Tesla do nothing when pressing the middle bottom on watch

that was a deal breaker for me,  one of the main reason i purchase the watch was to have that feature while riding in the city...

I was away for quite some time so I apologize in advance if I appear to be ignorant of what has happened in the last months....
I had added the watch/horn feature in some older version of WheelLog before it finally made it's way back to the Play Store. @palachzzz did I forget to share the code with you or did it somehow get dropped accidentally while we were working on the releases in parallel? Let me know, so I can provide the code again. I doubt it was more than a few lines....

• Like 1

Guys, what do you think about voice prompts in WheelLog? I always ride with BT headset that is paired with my phone. I use it to listen to my favourite tunes on Spotify, to reassure my wife that I'm still alive :P, but also for navigation prompts from Komoot app. The only thing I miss is voice messages from WheelLog - battery status, current and average speed, distance travelled, some alarms (wheel connection lost, overspeed etc.). Do you think it may be a useful feature for other WheelLog users? I know that there is Pebble support, but 1) you need to look at Pebble, 2) you need to have and wear Pebble :) Im; already geared like a robocop, another piece of hardware would be overkill for me.

14 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

Not a good idea to ride with headset....

It depends. There are special headsets designed for motorcyclists (like the Sena 10S I use in my full face helmet) or bone conduction earphones (like Aftershokz Trekz Titanium I wear with open face helmet). Both allows you to maintain situational awareness and keeps your ears open for other sounds.

1 hour ago, Seba said:

It depends. There are special headsets designed for motorcyclists (like the Sena 10S I use in my full face helmet) or bone conduction earphones (like Aftershokz Trekz Titanium I wear with open face helmet). Both allows you to maintain situational awareness and keeps your ears open for other sounds.

How are those bone conduction earphones in terms of sound? I’ve been thinking of picking some up for longer rides.

2 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

How are those bone conduction earphones in terms of sound? I’ve been thinking of picking some up for longer rides.

I love them. They are lacking deep bass (at about 100 Hz and lower), but I got used to it very soon. Other than that they produce very clear and crisp sound, creating really good music texture. Trekz are light, comfortable and weatherproof. Battery lasts for about eight hours of continous listening. For phone calls they work as intented, however you have to slow down so no wind noise will block your microphone.

• Like 1

Hello, 

I am having some issues with pebble not vibrating on wheellog

I have downloaded on my pebble steel the wheel log app and also on my samsung note 8.

I have clicked to alarm on phone then also the box for bypass phone and vibrate on pebble. 

I have set the alarm parameters to the speed I want the pebble to vibrate on all combinations of alarm 1, 2, or 3 none of them lead the pebble to vibrate

also, the second page on the pebble all shows 0 (distance, max speed, etc)

is there something i am doing incorrectly?

Im actually having problems with wheellog not vibrating, period. I don't have the watch "yet" but I was hoping my phone would vibrate to let me know when i hit certain speeds. All the permissions were set, i checked. But it just wouldnt vibrate at all. Had to wait for kingsong man to yell "PLEASE DECELERATE" at top volume. 

10 hours ago, Hansolo said:

Have you configured somes alarms under WheelLog?

Yep! Alarms on. Went right into the apps permissions and it says vibrate in there. It has permission to control it. Alarms are all set. The speedometer itself goes red when i cross those speeds, but my phone doesnt vibrate. 

23 hours ago, seage said:

Yep! Alarms on. Went right into the apps permissions and it says vibrate in there. It has permission to control it. Alarms are all set. The speedometer itself goes red when i cross those speeds, but my phone doesnt vibrate. 

Check battery percent setting at this particular alarm. Alarm will vibrate only when speed is above preset value and battery level is below "Battery percent" setting. So if you set "Speed" to 20 mph and battery to 30 %, this alarm won't fire if your battery is at or above 30 % regardless of speed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seba said:

Check battery percent setting at this particular alarm. Alarm will vibrate only when speed is above preset value and battery level is below "Battery percent" setting. So if you set "Speed" to 20 mph and battery to 30 %, this alarm won't fire if your battery is at or above 30 % regardless of speed.

THANK YOU!

just tried and it worked!!!

• Like 1