WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

58 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

OK so when Mary Backe said Wheellog only supports Pebble that was incorrect. Your experience is that Wheellogg also works on Tizen (Samsung's wrist watches) ... ...and that it in addition to Wheellog there is also another Tizen app that can do similar tasks (likely somewhat simpler).

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8311-wheellog-android-app/?do=findComment&comment=120128

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Is there anything for huawei watches

Huawei are all wearos/Android wear I think (except for the just released one).   I have a wear os watch too and am interested. There is no point supporting pebble since it gets worse and worse ( even with rebble os) with the newer versions of Android.

Edited by that0n3guy

1 hour ago, that0n3guy said:

I have a wear os watch too and am interested. There is no point supporting pebble since it gets worse and worse ( even with rebble os) with the newer versions of Android.

There is no reasoning or logic. There were people, who implemented pebble and tizen support - so this exists and nothing else.

Maybe sometimes, somewhere someone starts with wear os - we'll see once its done.

36 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

Anyone willing to pitch some cash for a wear os app?   

I can probably get this created simple enough and will start getting some developers to bid it out for us.  I'd rather get the community involved thought and crowd fund this.

WheelLog is still functional for me.

Since this is the WheelLog thread, I would suggest that you create a new thread to pitch your idea.

The original WheelLog author created it out of his personal passion, and gave it to the community for free. I have my doubts that enough money could be raised to pay a developer to create a similar app. But good luck, and I hope I'm wrong.

54 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The original WheelLog author created it out of his personal passion, and gave it to the community for free. I have my doubts that enough money could be raised to pay a developer to create a similar app. But good luck, and I hope I'm wrong.

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear.   I do not want to replace wheellog.   Raising money was just to create a android wear/wear os app (an app for a watch).   This app would be used on wearOs watches along with wheellog just like pebble watch.  

Does that make sense?  You use a pebble watch (I have one too but it sucks on Android 9), I use a wearOs watch.  I want my watch to work with wheellog.

• Like 1

Are there any wear OS watches out there with good battery life like the pebble time of 5 to 7 days?

it would be interesting to see an app that worked on say a Fitbit versa or charge 3 but I don't know if fitbit is open with their apis or if they let people develop apps for their watches

5 minutes ago, that0n3guy said:

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear.   I do not want to replace wheellog.   Raising money was just to create a android wear/wear os app (an app for a watch).   This app would be used on wearOs watches along with wheellog just like pebble watch.  

Does that make sense?  You use a pebble watch (I have one too but it sucks on Android 9), I use a wearOs watch.  I want my watch to work with wheellog.

Oh, OK, I understand. Makes sense. I still think it must cost a lot of money (unless you're hiring coders from India) to pay people to develop any kind of app. I think that's why all the existing 3rd party apps are free; they were created by EUC riders to scratch their own itch.

Certainly the cost would be many thousands of dollars.

15 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

Are there any wear OS watches out there with good battery life like the pebble time of 5 to 7 days?

Depends on how you use it.  I think the ticwatch pro might make it.   For myself, I stopped wearing my watch at night so I don't care about 5-7 day battery.   I throw it on the charger every night anyways.   My pebble time's battery was so old I had to do the same thing with it.

15 minutes ago, Samir Muradov said:

Can't connect to the Z10 using the latest version in the play store, 2.0.19.  Do I need to use the .apk with version 2.0.15 to connect to the Z10 or is it included in the playstore verson?

I can connect to my Z10 with the 2.0.19 version from the Playstore.

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can connect to my Z10 with the 2.0.19 version from the Playstore.

Thanks! Will try again. Maybe there is some kind of Bluetooth password protection that one guy mentioned, I just don't remember seeing such option in the ninebot app, will check and  try again once I am home.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Samir Muradov said:

Can't connect to the Z10 using the latest version in the play store, 2.0.19.  Do I need to use the .apk with version 2.0.15 to connect to the Z10 or is it included in the playstore verson?

Did you set password in official App? Wheellog doesn't support it

51 minutes ago, Samir Muradov said:

Thanks! Will try again. Maybe there is some kind of Bluetooth password protection that one guy mentioned, I just don't remember seeing such option in the ninebot app, will check and  try again once I am home.

I don't recall any kind of password protection. Certainly strange if you can connect to the Z10 with the Ninebot app but can't with WheelLog.

Have you used WheelLog with other wheels? What I'm getting at, is do you know how WheelLog works? Once you identify your Z10 and hit "OK" on that first screen, you have to click the Bluetooth icon in the upper-right corner. I'm only mentioning this in case you aren't fully familiar with how WheelLog works.

Edited by Marty Backe

On 1/25/2019 at 7:31 PM, Marty Backe said:

I don't recall any kind of password protection. Certainly strange if you can connect to the Z10 with the Ninebot app but can't with WheelLog.

Have you used WheelLog with other wheels? What I'm getting at, is do you know how WheelLog works? Once you identify your Z10 and hit "OK" on that first screen, you have to click the Bluetooth icon in the upper-right corner. I'm only mentioning this in case you aren't fully familiar with how WheelLog works.

I have used it with V8. I did not do initial identification with the Z10, only clicked the EUC icon to try and connect. How do I do the initial identification if I have already done it with another EUC? 

3 hours ago, Samir Muradov said:

I have used it with V8. I did not do initial identification with the Z10, only clicked the EUC icon to try and connect. How do I do the initial identification if I have already done it with another EUC? 

I don't know what "initial identification" means. With WheelLog you just click the icon that @stephen shows above and connect to the wheel.

• Upvote 2

A short video to connect another wheel with WheelLog. In first WheelLog is connected to my MS3 and I change to my MSX.

If the icon of the whell is red, touch to put it in white and and run a BT search (BT icon)

Edited by Hansolo
  • Upvote 1

Hello fellas,

I'm using my Inmotion V5F unicycle with Wheellog and it works perfectly but i wanted to send the app data to somehow a smartwatch. So i bargained an older Pebble Time because i saw it on YT that many of you uses this model. Unfortunately i didnt know that cruical information that i have to linke a Pebble account with a Rebble acc, so im stucked into the process right now. I cannot install any softwares onto my Pebble Time. 

Is there any way to solve this problem or i will never ever could use my Pebble with Wheellog?

Im a bit despaired about this...