Inmotion V8 - your thoughts and Impressions ... Now with extensive review included

HEC

41 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There was a bit of misplaced optimism when told that the vinyl protection would be shipped with this first batch. More hopeful that this can be applied on the second batch, for the meantime, I'm in talks with an after-market supplier to offer precut template that can be applied to Customers. My experience with selling the V5F+ that the #1 request is for replacement shells make the Wheel look like new again, much better in my opinion to have this plastic sheen protect against scratches in the first place... 

Do you know the name for this connector type? IM sources say that it's the same as the notorious Hoverboard chargers, so still presents a risk. What I love about this company is that after bringing this potential issue to their notice, they're going to investigate using a four-pin instead. 

42V-2A-Battery-Charger-For-Smart-Balance

Jason, thanks for the vinyl update, I was wondering about that.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

There was a bit of misplaced optimism when told that the vinyl protection would be shipped with this first batch. More hopeful that this can be applied on the second batch, for the meantime, I'm in talks with an after-market supplier to offer precut template that can be applied to Customers. My experience with selling the V5F+ that the #1 request is for replacement shells make the Wheel look like new again, much better in my opinion to have this plastic sheen protect against scratches in the first place...

Thanks for the update!  The vinyl protection would have been awesome but no problem. I plan to use the same 3/8 protective molding I used on the V5F+. It still looks new! The high profile of the molding really protects the shell and it does not distract from the appearance. If anyone is interested here is the site: http://cowlesproducts.com/protektotrim/fender-trim/

IMG_3581gif.gif

IMG_3586gif.gif

trim.jpg

3 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

can someone (who speaks/understand RUSSIAN) please help translate this video?

I'm too lazy to type the whole translation (and also busy playing with my new V8 :wub:) but the main gist is:

- All of the interviewed persons tested the V8 and are currently riding / owning other wheels (you can see those in text at star of each interview)

- All of them like V8, many considering  buying it as a next wheel, mainly the current Ninebot owners

- Second guy commented that the wheel is a bit "slow" though it's unclear if the speed limit was set to default 25 or already increased to 30 km/h ...

- Almost everyone commented how quiet is the wheel and how smoothly it rides

- Many mentioned very good look and (quality) feel

- One noted very good grip of pedals

Overall very positive feedback from all of them.

How nice of you to give me this feedback on what you appreciated from listening to that video

that means a lot to me

interesting about the speed but I wonder as well about the limit

once the plastic coating goes on I'll feel better about the quality of the finish lasting more than a week, even in the hands of an experience rider

Thank you so much, once again

10 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

interesting about the speed but I wonder as well about the limit

The second guy (with beard and cap) who've commented about the speed called "Den" doesn't have his current wheel mentioned in the description of the interview. Instead it says "Schumacher in the world of Electric Unicycles" :D so I guess he's some kind of local EUC "guru" used to high speed wheels like KS-18 or Gotways ...

41 minutes ago, HEC said:

The second guy (with beard and cap) who've commented about the speed called "Den" doesn't have his current wheel mentioned in the description of the interview. Instead it says "Schumacher in the world of Electric Unicycles" :D so I guess he's some kind of local EUC "guru" used to high speed wheels like KS-18 or Gotways ...

i appreciate that extra info..... makes more sense now

thank you

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

there are some russian reviews about the v8 floating around...where the max speed of the v8 is stated with 35kmh...

It can't be true, I met the CEO of Inmotion just two weeks ago. Their position on speed is that 30KPH is the absolute highest their prepared to make a Wheel.

Like much else on the Internet, extraordinary claims need to be backed up by some evidence.

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

It can't be true, I met the CEO of Inmotion just two weeks ago. Their position on speed is that 30KPH is the absolute highest their prepared to make a Wheel.

Like much else on the Internet, extraordinary claims need to be backed up by some evidence.

you will for sure be right :-) i did not claim it...just readed it

where i have it from? first: read the text under the russian video mentioned above!

then there is a second "russian marketing video", here you scroll to 0:52 in the video....

third video:

here it is mentioned at the end of the video..

as you all see...i have to much time ;-)

28 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

you will for sure be right :-) i did not claim it...just readed it

where i have it from? first: read the text under the russian video mentioned above!

then there is a second "russian marketing video", here you scroll to 0:52 in the video....

third video:

here it is mentioned at the end of the video..

as you all see...i have to much time ;-)

I had the pleasure of meeting with @Jason McNeil last night in Miami, FL ( what a cool guy!), and he let me ride the V8. It most certainly doesnt cruise at 35kph, the tiltback activates much earlier. It is possible that you could maybe momentarily accelerate to 35 but youd be fighting the progressing tailback. Even though, there is a slight chance that the speed was limited due to not having a full charge. 

Yes, the russian video states 35 - apparently they are not above bending the facts a bit, i guess that makes them human

33 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Interestingly enough some Russian EUC resellers were hacking the wheels since early days of original Solowheels supplying them with an alternative firmware with selectable ride modes and some other wheels with increased / "unlocked" speeds so it's not entirely impossible they've tried something similar here as well ...

33 minutes ago, HEC said:

Interestingly enough some Russian EUC resellers were hacking the wheels since early days of original Solowheels supplying them with an alternative firmware with selectable ride modes and some other wheels with increased / "unlocked" speeds so it's not entirely impossible they've tried something similar here as well ...

Russians are very resourceful :) 

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

interesting also...there are some russian reviews about the v8 floating around...where the max speed of the v8 is stated with 35kmh...

that is interesting

a few mph higher than expected  (or specified)

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

exactly.... and, we are waiting for YOU to do JUST that, Jason

with EAGER ANTICIPATION :D

The power supply on my V5F+ is grounded it has a 3-pin plug (the same standard used on stationary PCs with ATX power supplies and water boilers etc.). Why do these wheels have 3-pin connectors when the power supply is not even grounded?

Archived