Inmotion V8 - your thoughts and Impressions ... Now with extensive review included

HEC

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

That's strange, the Wheel was definitely collected on Thursday, but Fedex must do some sort of batch processing, because it shows the 'picked-up' event at 12am on Friday. 

That is correct. I myself love the wait and anticipation for each day it does not arrive keeps me from sleeping in the dog house.;)

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:37 PM, Jaouad OB said:

Hello community, I have a problem with the bluetooth: I can pay and turn on the lights but I can not send anything ... Yesterday worked but not today. Forgive my English

Remains so, whenever I want to send something

Screenshot_20160924-193359.png

Try to put the phone as close as possible to the wheel.

5 hours ago, Brian Morris said:

somehow  my v8 got delayed two days?!?  was told it was being shipped out Wednesday but didn't end up at FedEx until Friday

I got something from Amazon too.....

shoes.PNG

love the shoes

got the red/black ones in the mail yesterday... was going to wear them to work today (i'm a pediatrician, but somehow forgot)... they are cool shoes, for sure.... love yours and appreciate the picture

5 hours ago, HEC said:

Trate de poner el teléfono lo más cerca posible a la rueda

5 hours ago, HEC said:

Try to put the phone as close as possible to the wheel.

I have already tried and nothing ... More than 10 minutes waiting and nothing. You can not access the memory to store the patterns of light and sound  I also disconnected the battery connection and either.  Is there any way to resetaear (format) The inmotion v8? ...

1 minute ago, Greg Spalding said:

There would be no way to upgrade the firmware in the wheel unless you could first connected to your phone.... right?

Look again.

His screenshot and YouTube vid shows he's connecting to the app and able to change light settings.... just not able to save custom light settings (if I'm understanding correctly(?))...

My V5F+ had similar issues with sound settings pre-firmware updating.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Mirar de nuevo.

Su captura de pantalla y vid YouTube muestra se conecta a la aplicación y capaz de cambiar la configuración de luz .... solo no es capaz de guardar la configuración personalizada de luz (si estoy entendiendo correctamente (?)) ...

Mi V5F + tenía problemas similares con los ajustes de sonido previa a la actualización del firmware.

Exact! That's the problem, I can not send sound and light patterns and save them. The first day I could do it but now no way, I have tried other phones (android and ios). 

Right now I have the latest firmware ... But I'm afraid of not being able to upgrade in the future by this problem ... Thank you for your concerns

Maybe try deleting the app, shut down all other apps running in the background, reboot the phone, and maybe download and install the InMotion app again with nothing else running.  I've had some wonky apps that just needed a fresh install to get things working properly.

I do also remember seeing a "RESET" label near the charging port on an InMotion wheel.  I don't know if that might restore the control board back to factory settings or not.  I also don't know whether it might need to be recalibrated after that.  Maybe check with your dealer who sold you the wheel.

16 hours ago, Jaouad OB said:

That's the problem, I can not send sound and light patterns and save them. The first day I could do it but now no way, I have tried other phones

How many patterns and how big / complicated ones have you uploaded to the V8? It seems like they remain stored in the wheel without possibility to remove them currently so you might have used all the memory reserved for the light designs. Have you tried to delete some of the previous designs from the app while connected to the wheel?

1 hour ago, Jaouad OB said:

Does anyone know reset the inmotion v8?

IMG_20160928_102717.jpg

This rubber charging port cover is the same as on V5F model, where a different charging socket is used including built in reset button which is not present on V8.

Wow...  Feeling like I will have worldwide customer support for all of the little idiocyratic issues appearing on the V8! Awesome!! Hopefully I can offer some form of contribution later today. In the mean time keep up the excellent work my V8 techs!??

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Wow...  Feeling like I will have worldwide customer support for all of the little idiocyratic issues appearing on the V8! Awesome!! Hopefully I can offer some form of contribution later today. In the mean time keep up the excellent work my V8 techs!??

Once you'll get your V8 don't go all crazy uploading various LED designs to the wheel until we'll manage to figure out how to remove them or reset the wheel ;)

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Once you'll get your V8 don't go all crazy uploading various LED designs to the wheel until we'll manage to figure out how to remove them or reset the wheel ;)

You have to know if it is a point of failure or all inmotion come with this error ... and then try to fix it between all or an update

I can buy the sample version V8  (not the final version) in Aliexpress for about EUR 750. It is a nice price for this wheel.

Do you think that is not so good since it is not the final version?

Another question: Have this wheels a configurable riding mode as ninebot ones? (0-Stiff to 9-soft in my ninebot).

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Rotator said:

I can buy the sample version V8  (not the final version) in Aliexpress for about EUR 750. It is a nice price for this wheel.

Do you think that is not so good since it is not the final version?

Another question: Have this wheels a configurable riding mode as ninebot ones? (0-Stiff to 9-soft in my ninebot).

Considering that at times (with temporary offers / discounts) you can buy new production model for $760 it doesn't seem that tempting ...

V8 has only one very stiff riding mode.

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Perfect! Thanks! Hopefully @Jason McNeil will provide some incite as to the light scene memory storage capabilities of the V8 and the removal process. Also I hear that Jason will be putting all of us acting as V8 technical support on his pay roll beginning today :D

32 minutes ago, Jaouad OB said:

You have to know if it is a point of failure or all inmotion come with this error ... and then try to fix it between all or an update

Have you tried to run wheel diagnostic via the app's SCV / Configuration menu?

Archived