Inmotion V8 - your thoughts and Impressions ... Now with extensive review included

HEC

8 minutes ago, Lyon said:

Thanks for the advice! I had pre-ordered my V8 and am waiting for it to reach me.

Hopefully the removable battery means we can install a more robust battery pack in for more ommph later.

More robust? You mean more Watthours/miles/range?

Nope..wont happen! this 40 cells yet are the highest one in market...and no higher ones in sight

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the "price" we pay for SLIMNESS

you just cannot fit any more batteries in there

i love the V8... but, still considering the KS16 because of that very reason

30 kph is the most i really have want to travel but i DO want 40 km (25 miles) as a realistic and repeatable range to travel... even being 85 kg

Florida is FLAT but the MUCH HIGHER battery capacity (at least on paper) of the KS16 seems to be calling my name, even if the Inmotion V8 is a bit more up-to-date

First, UK (European), batch arrived this morning & are being sent out to Customers.

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjbHFUS2hkb

For tomorrow, I need to ask my colleague to check 1) the handle, take some snaps of it, 2) charging plug, is it an GX16?, 3) is the side vinyl a decent quality?, 4) those side pads?

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjMlJLWVdlS

Top pull away vinyl is obviously not intended to be in any sense protective or permanent.

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjbm81WlJOW

Standard equipment: 1.5A 84V charger, user manual, & side pads

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjQk9xb3NsQ

There's a bit of hitch with the fast(er) charger plans, our preferred supplier's PCB allows charging from 0-84V. The Inmotion Engineers have (probably quite rightfully) suggested that this is changed so that anything below 40v is not registered by the charger.  This consequently is going to push back the 2.5A charger procurement by two weeks but will be available to purchase a bit later.

beautiful unit

can't wait to hear, see, and read more

thanks for the pictures..... will be following this thread VERY CLOSELY

by the way..... i know it's just because of the size of the unit.... but that pedal looks so UNDERsized to me

i'm sure i'm wrong about that, of course

i know you will be posting a lot more pictures

thanks, as always, for everything

10 hours ago, Greg Spalding said:

by the way..... i know it's just because of the size of the unit.... but that pedal looks so UNDERsized to me

The pedals are actually quite large - the size is deceiving due it's oval shape. Check the V5F+ review thread - they're the same size.

12 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

First, UK (European), batch arrived this morning & are being sent out to Customers.

Aww! Those five sweet words everybody want to hear / see:

"Your order has been dispatched"

1 hour ago, HEC said:

The pedals are actually quite large - the size is deceiving due it's oval shape. Check the V5F+ review thread - they're the same size.

I appreciate that information.

of course only standing on this unit or the KS16 would tell me for sure which one felt better, but I'm sure I would adapt either like everybody else.

It is still a strange thing to me to buy something sight unseen like this, but that's just the way the world works. These days

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

I appreciate that information.

of course only standing on this unit or the KS16 would tell me for sure which one felt better, but I'm sure I would adapt either like everybody else.

It is still a strange thing to me to buy something sight unseen like this, but that's just the way the world works. These days

Clearwater, Florida? Isn't  ewheels.com ...in Miami? Can't you take a visit there to see some of the wheel`s? :-)

Jason is one of the nicest persons and seller here!

19 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Clearwater, Florida? Isn't  ewheels.com ...in Miami? Can't you take a visit there to see some of the wheel`s? :-)

Jason is one of the nicest persons and seller here!

he's awesome

we have spoken

i will buy from him

he does NOT have a STOREFRONT, persay

but, i must talk to him about that

of course, i considered GOTWAY, too.... and i wish JASON SOLD THOSE (THAT alone would make us feel better about buying one here in the US)

but.... the V8 vs. the K16 is where i'm at now

85kg (BEFORE breakfast today.... NAKED..... LOL) so, i need power and range (nothing about 30 kmh for me necessary)

i will talk to jason again

thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. i appreciate them

21 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

85kg (BEFORE breakfast today.... NAKED..... LOL) so, i need power and range (nothing about 30 kmh for me necessary)

Well I'll be able to do a direct KS-16 vs. V8 comparison soon from the point of view of tall person with large shoes / feet and in your weight range so it would give you a better idea ;) 

1 hour ago, Greg Spalding said:

he's awesome

we have spoken

i will buy from him

he does NOT have a STOREFRONT, persay

but, i must talk to him about that

of course, i considered GOTWAY, too.... and i wish JASON SOLD THOSE (THAT alone would make us feel better about buying one here in the US)

but.... the V8 vs. the K16 is where i'm at now

i will talk to jason again

thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. i appreciate them

I am 100kg and have had a KS16 680 for my 4 weeks Holiday in Thailand!

It is more! than powerful enough! Fantastic wheel, best commuter because of the best trolley of an EUC and a greater range per wh than v3  and Ks18!

Also with Option for 680wh or 820wh a lot more range than V8-480wh, which for me is the only downside of V8

Can only recommend the KS16! No downsides from my sight!

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I am 100kg and have had a KS16 680 for my 4 weeks Holiday in Thailand!

It is more! than powerful enough! Fantastic wheel, best commuter because of the best trolley of an EUC and a greater range per wh than v3  and Ks18!

Also with Option for 680wh or 820wh a lot more range than V8-480wh, which for me is the only downside of V8

Can only recommend the KS16! No downsides from my sight!

THIS is the most important information for me and i thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to tell me these things

the V8 is very appealing the "relatively" anemic battery size concerns me

the unit is slim and i am aware that you cannot have thin and more batteries

but the KS16 is really appealing to me more than ever

i really appreciate you and this information

thank you

Just now, Greg Spalding said:

THIS is the most important information for me and i thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to tell me these things

the V8 is very appealing the "relatively" anemic battery size concerns me

the unit is slim and i am aware that you cannot have thin and more batteries

but the KS16 is really appealing to me more than ever

i really appreciate you and this information

thank you

I have some more informations:

As i was in the hotest season in Thailand and on one of the Islands with a lot rocks and steep hills, i can also Report that it's fantastic in the heat and on those hills!

Never had a Problem with the wheel :-) I have an KS16 Review from Thailand somewhere here with much more details :-) But i am to lazy to seach for the link now, sorry!

My original plan was to bring it with me to Germany, but that didnot work out because of the Airline EUC Regulation of emirates!

Otherwise i would still have it!

47 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I have some more informations:

As i was in the hotest season in Thailand and on one of the Islands with a lot rocks and steep hills, i can also Report that it's fantastic in the heat and on those hills!

Never had a Problem with the wheel :-) I have an KS16 Review from Thailand somewhere here with much more details :-) But i am to lazy to seach for the link now, sorry!

My original plan was to bring it with me to Germany, but that didnot work out because of the Airline EUC Regulation of emirates!

Otherwise i would still have it!

ah, the rules and regulations

i will search for and find that review

happy to hear all of this.....

also, and perhaps i'm the ONLY one.....

the "HELLO KING SONG" very loud at startup makes me GIGGLE

7 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

ah, the rules and regulations

i will search for and find that review

happy to hear all of this.....

also, and perhaps i'm the ONLY one.....

the "HELLO KING SONG" very loud at startup makes me GIGGLE

Which in the End you can easily power Off :-)

@KingSong69, since you tried both. Between the KS16 / MSuper 3, which feels more powerful? I know the MSuper has almost 2x the watts, but it's a bigger wheel too, so I'm curious if feels more sluggish.

Also, how comfortable are they in terms of pedals compared to each other?

Oh, and because of the larger diameter, how much harder or less maneuverable is the MSuper to ride slowly (around people and stuff)?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the update @Jason McNeil Please post more pics!  Like everyone else, I am torn between the v8 and the KS16 as well.  The v8 is beautiful, but the KS16 isn't that bad looking either.  Oh the decisions.  I just wish I could buy it without bluetooth due to working in a secure facility.  I'm going to have to somehow lock it outside. :(

9 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

@KingSong69, since you tried both. Between the KS16 / MSuper 3, which feels more powerful? I know the MSuper has almost 2x the watts, but it's a bigger wheel too, so I'm curious if feels more sluggish.

Also, how comfortable are they in terms of pedals compared to each other?

Oh, and because of the larger diameter, how much harder or less maneuverable is the MSuper to ride slowly (around people and stuff)?

Thanks a lot!

The Msuper is no sluggish wheel...drive wise and powerwise it is nearly the same as the KS16...sure the v3 has more watts....but you do not feel that a lot as smaller wheels have better torque....

one of my biggest surprises: That the agility of v3 was nearly same than Ks16!!!

Pedal of v3 is one cm longer.....but i like Ks16/18 pedals also!

2 hours ago, evomark said:

Thanks for the update @Jason McNeil Please post more pics!  Like everyone else, I am torn between the v8 and the KS16 as well.  The v8 is beautiful, but the KS16 isn't that bad looking either.  Oh the decisions.  I just wish I could buy it without bluetooth due to working in a secure facility.  I'm going to have to somehow lock it outside. :(

Could just not switch the whole wheel off before entering the building and carry it to where ever you want to keep it?

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Could just not switch the whole wheel off before entering the building and carry it to where ever you want to keep it?

Unfortunately not. I wish it was that simple. Anything wireless is not permitted and there are wireless detectors that conantly scan. 

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

The Msuper is no sluggish wheel...drive wise and powerwise it is nearly the same as the KS16...sure the v3 has more watts....but you do not feel that a lot as smaller wheels have better torque....

one of my biggest surprises: That the agility of v3 was nearly same than Ks16!!!

Pedal of v3 is one cm longer.....but i like Ks16/18 pedals also!

As always, I appreciate that information

so very much

4 minutes ago, evomark said:

Unfortunately not. I wish it was that simple. Anything wireless is not permitted and there are wireless detectors that conantly scan. 

That sounds like a very secure location

and it really makes no sense to me

I guess you are allowed to bring a phone inside work

but,  the wheel can certainly turn off

It does not need Bluetooth to work. It is just a convenience factor for monitoring to Your Phone, but They Work without Bluetooth

obviously I don't know where you work and it is not of my business. It just seems like an odd thing to me

there must be some way to certify devices like this as being safe in your work environment

your employer should be able to do that, I would think

but again, I'm sorry to hear that they won't and it is not my business :)

Archived