2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

12 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

I dunno, looks to me like the same playbook as that other company….too many “ versions “ and models to support.

” Sorry, parts no longer available”.

u bring up a good point about parts.

u gotta think about that stuff hard, buying a tractor that will be around a long time, a wheel might could get used a long time too, but if parts aren't available, and u need a certain part to make ur wheel go, ur screwed and now have a very heavy dangerous paperweight. i burned up three. 

haha, not jason's fault, and he's been as helpful as possible over the years, but the only wheel i lost in the fire i really miss is the 9bz10. i never really got to fully explore it's pasture potential because the vampire battery drain got me and i couldn't find the time to disassemble and fix it. so the only wheel i ever bought out of 13 that stopped working, was the one i bought from jason.

keeping jason's business alive and healthy is important for us in america. sourcing parts is a pita. i'd like to find those little rubber things that pop off on the rear suspension linkage, and glue them on, like i should have before losing one.

back in my rc heli day's, ron's out of corpus christi was a huge online retailer, circa 1999. he'd take full kits and part them out because the sum of the parts might be $3000, and the kit only $1000. another reason i buy in bulk. might have to cannibalize one or two to keep one rolling if these manufacturers, because of whatever reason, go belly up. instead of having two broken wheels, have one that still works. 

so if u like ur s18, and i love mine except for the tire and no fault of it's own, it's speedy big brothers might lull me into going too fast on it, i'd definitely keep ur nib one for down the road. change isn't always better. 

i might screw around out here testing wheels and tires, but once i get serious about which wheel i might take in public, trust me, i'll be married to that one wheel. i was that way with cars, trucks, motorcycles, rc helis, i want my brain and body to react instantly without any thought from me screwing them up. 

the winner in the euc game, is the one that doesn't get hurt! 

trust me, as i'm still icing my knee on after two weeks. and even though it doesn't hurt, unless it's in a certain position, a position i need for cornering, haha, any fast riding is out. i can still go to my gate at 12 mph but i just have to stay vertical in my curve. it's amazing how a little injury can screw up ur riding. 

but haha, i now know this 90/90 14r michelin isnt the culprit for weird handling characteristics, it's my dinged knee. so if it ever heals, i'm excited to try my new tire again. at 46psi, it was fast. like steel ball bearings on a metal table fast. very little rolling resistance. 

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Inmotion releasing more models in one year than Begode? Deary me, never thought i'd see that 😂

Me think they intend to. but there's a long way from intension to action 😁

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Inmotion releasing more models in one year than Begode? Deary me, never thought i'd see that 😂

Nope. Not a true statement yet. :) 

It's way too early to say that. Begode still has the remaining part of the year to surpass Inmotion.

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

I dunno, looks to me like the same playbook as that other company….too many “ versions “ and models to support.

” Sorry, parts no longer available”.

I see where you are coming from. It might be like that for older wheels. 

But going forward I acturly don't think it is the same. I don't know for sure but with that in mind here is my argument. 

Back when the V11 and V12 were to be released they ran into problems and mostly because a first time suspension wheel and first in market is nothing but ambitious. Also having first hollow bore motor was not problem free. But as it turns out the V11 overcame these issue and it was then time for V12. Yet new problems. 

So rewinding back to first release date at CES I started to get i contact with Inmotion on regular basis. I were feeding alot of feedback collected here at the forum since as a moderator at the time I reviewed a lot of posts. 

It turned out most of this was already implemented in the V11 or easy to add. But some inputs were listen to and it kinda formed the V13.

One major problem with old designed models meaning V10 and older were they were build to be slim and esthetic to the eye. It would translate into good ergonomic mostly but also no room to upgrade in the same way as GW would do. 

So the V13 is the first real start to build a modular design language for wheels. You can see this around the raptor control board that is reused in both V14 and V11Y. Now the V14 has battery packs that could be upgraded in many ways and due to this new cells or bigger packs or different shapes could be made. But the main V14 is kinda the same structure. 

Now at some point Bob talked about having different motors to similar wheels. So in this way I think they have been working on this and are probably ready to wramp up launches as the testing is not done in same way because there are now shared parts between wheels. 

It also means it could meet the market with upgrades rather people have to but a 3-5k new model. Not all are able to fork out that kind of money yearly. 

Now I have some contacts still with Inmotion but I don't get this level of inside info (anymore) as I did around the V12 and V13 launch. 

So see me as an Inmotion fan boy. But I view it more like I had info that made me trust the way Inmotion were developing but I couldn't always explain why to the public. 

But in the release plans that has been posted here in the thread are half true. Then we could see Inmotion being a brand that other will have to adapt around. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Probably only new wheel for this riding season might be E20, whatever that is. I already ordered the Lynx because I thought Inmotion will not have time to release, manufacture and fix problems for second batch before summer. I still think that’s the case (apart from those pro upgrades). But next year should be interesting once all these are out and tested!

Inmotion should completely change their naming system, though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Looking forward to the V18 myself. An 18'' wheel sized like the V11, slim and still lightweight (under 30kg), but with a modern suspension and around 2.500mWh battery would be cool. And maybe make the tire easier to change....

Unless you have inside information, Inmotion naming of models has been so far unlike Kingsong wheels.

V11 has a 18" wheel, V12 has a 16" wheel, V13 has a 22" wheel, and the V14 has a 16" wheel.

So how do you figure that V18 will have a 18" wheel?

Or were you just wishful thinking.

I personally would like to see Inmotion come out with a 20" (18" nominal) wheel.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

I wonder if this mass amount of to be announced models is possible with inmotion's plans to switch to modular EUCs. There have been talks of inmotion making their future lineup completely modular and if these upcoming wheels were all to share parts except maybe the batteries and motor, then sourcing parts and testing each wheel would be much more streamlined

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Probably only new wheel for this riding season might be E20, whatever that is. I already ordered the Lynx because I thought Inmotion will not have time to release, manufacture and fix problems for second batch before summer. I still think that’s the case (apart from those pro upgrades). But next year should be interesting once all these are out and tested!

Plus the Lynx is already a really good wheel.

Having said that Seb Morano, one of the principals at Ride One said this on Facebook:

Seb Morana

Top Contributor
This coming year is going to be the most exciting for Inmotion fans, the specs and tech behind these new wheels are impressive and I think one of them will be especially popular

As always, these types of teasers on leaks are always dangerous to addicts. :) 

43 minutes ago, Robse said:

omg, and i am a citizen in this circus called EU :facepalm:. The customer better relaxes and lean back, stop breathing.... because it's unsafe to breathe.

That's kinda exactly the point of regulations, that the customer can lean back and relax. Regulations mainly delineate what a responsible and competent manufacturer would do anyways. European Union wide legislation let manufacturers sell to a market of 450 million people with a single set of regulations instead of 27 different sets. That's how prosperity is created. And less buildings burned down due to unnecessary malfunctions increases prosperity too...

v13 pro comes with michelin pilot street 2 80/90 r16. haha. 

idk, i could see more torque, adjustable pedals down and forward, like the s22, include the kickstand, at least those were my suggestions to inmotion.

supposedly i can already unlock the wheel to 60mph, so i can't see more speed, but maybe more battery for the range people. 

i don't do drops, stairs, curbs, etc, just washboard pasture for now, and these v13's are as fast and plush across the pasture as i need. 

it's fun to speculate. 

Since there's no real revolutions in battery technology in sight (even if the Tesla 4680's catch up, they're physically too large to use on an EUC, except if you want a wheel wildly larger than an S22), I still hope that all next Inmotion wheels use the V14 battery design. V14 features four 134V battery units (around 600 W/h each), cheaper wheels could use 1 to 3 units, larger wheels 4, 6 or possibly 8. That would mean they would reuse existing designs (lower production costs, shared BOMs, cheaper replacement parts, easier to test, same charger for different models, etc).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, avevo said:

they're physically too large to use on an EUC

It would be no problem to use a 20s1p pack of those instead of a 20s4p arrangement for a top-pack like on the V10F or the even larger pack of the V12. Weight and weight distribution should be more very similar to the V12 pack.

OK.

Inmotion is basically telling us that they are keeping the models V13, V12 and V11 in their lineup.

For the V11Y, and V12 Pro, I think the updates are a nice touch.

But as for the V13 Pro, I don't know how it is going to compete with the new wheels coming out. Same first gen type suspension.

Begode wheels have caught up: they starting to have smart BMS's, decent waterproofing, 50S cells, dynamic tiltback, as well as their well known motor performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

V13 comes in a new color/tire, claiming 15% more range, without specifying how

22 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Range claims seems mostly like firmware changes, maybe new cell and lower allowed voltage.

Maybe they improved on the charging behavior of the V13 (not sure if that hasn't already been changed for the regular V13).

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe they improved on the charging behavior of the V13 (not sure if that hasn't already been changed for the regular V13).

Maybe V13 improve the battery nominal voltage, and the charging voltage will be 134V or above to optimize the power usage in respect to 15% range improvement.

1 hour ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

ok now everything becomes clearer, if current CEO came from cellphone industry - 7 new wheels in fact means 7 new skins of old stuff with 7 new marketing tales.

How about the strategy of 15% off the price if they want to increase the market share or switch the customer from competitors?

1 hour ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

ok now everything becomes clearer, if current CEO came from cellphone industry - 7 new wheels in fact means 7 new skins of old stuff with 7 new marketing tales.

I'd just be happy to know who this new CEO is. It'd be lovely if he would ever introduce himself. Instaed we are all wondering "who is in charge"?

sadly a lot of these "upgrades" sound like marketing doublespeak to me. I'd like to see how they substantiate the 15% increase in range without adding more cells - at best it's increasing efficiency with the controller upgrade, but I don't know how that'll translate to 15%. It also makes me doubt their claims further when they make claims such as 155km range on the V12 Pro.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1

• Merkyu Kyu Kyu changed the title to 2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6