2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

idk about the other wheels and obviously for my use, i love the v13's. easy to handle, waterproof, one wheel motorcycle. 

it's a ride out wheel. i know people tote them to their trails and stuff but it's a damn heavy wheel, but fine if u don't have to pick it up. 

and idk about the stock v13 because my first one came with the michelin, but not a particularly easy wheel to learn. 1000 miles is about right. 

more torque is always nice but the rest doesn't interest me. 

i see jason has a great price on v13's at $3499 with seat and stand. that is a great value. esp if it's a may 11, 2023 build or later.

these last two of mine are just perfect out of the box. the first one from december build needed tlc.

Edited by novazeus

Pretty disappointing 'upgrades'

V13 needs better suspension and lighter weight, the torque and range increase is nice but not enough.

V12 needs a proper rear light that is visible especially at night and for the weight distribution to be more balanced, it's a top heavy wheel that makes it feel a bit awkward compared to other non-suspension mid sized wheels - my MSP and 16x felt a lot more balanced and comfortable.

Feels like they just changed controllers and potentially battery cells and didn't care about much else.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

V11YPRO.thumb.jpg.c201e63f245a7e0eb797cc196222c435.jpg

In this picture, the data for the v11y is not entirely accurate. Both the instructions and the box indicate Max. Torque 150N*m. I wonder why there is such a big difference between the preliminary information and the actual one?

7 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I'd like to see how they substantiate the 15% increase in range without adding more cells - at best it's increasing efficiency with the controller upgrade, but I don't know how that'll translate to 15%.

InMotion has been very conservative on the voltage they consider 0 % (3.3v). Just by lowering that to same level as KS and LK (3.0 and even 2.9) easily gives that increase in range. That could be coupled with different cell type (e.g. 50S) and some tweaks in efficiency. No magic or more cells needed. 

38 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Corporate speak for: 'We don't acknowledge the problem - but we fixed it'.

The weird thing though is that my V12 (HS) is actually running better than it has ever been.

I don't know what needs to be fixed in firmware.

Sure, a proper headlight and taillight, and Samsung 50S cells would be welcome.

They could have enlarge the wheel-well to fit a 90/90-12 tire.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Not being a software engineer, neither do I.

As I have stated elsewhere in this forum, the issue referred to affects the HT model. Seemingly exclusively.

In that regard, you are fortunate that you have the HS.

Wasn't it the other way around HS had all the problems and the new HT had no problems?

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

Wasn't it the other way around HS had all the problems and the new HT had no problems?

HS had underspecced MOSFETs on motherboard which was later changed by Inmotion, HT has a bug that throws riders backwards randomly which doesn't seem to have been fixed yet.

• Thanks 2

On 1/20/2024 at 2:36 AM, techyiam said:

The weird thing though is that my V12 (HS) is actually running better than it has ever been.

I don't know what needs to be fixed in firmware.

Sure, a proper headlight and taillight, and Samsung 50S cells would be welcome.

They could have enlarge the wheel-well to fit a 90/90-12 tire.

so does an 80/80-12 fit on the v12?

20 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

so does an 80/80-12 fit on the v12?

Since you have a V12 (HS) too, you and I are in the same predicament. Our V12's don't have as much vertical tire clearance as the V12 HT. On the V12 HT, the pedal hangers have mounting holes that mounts the shell higher up away from the axle, and thus creating more top tire clearance.

I asked the question on Facebook as to whether a Chao Yang H626 (3.00-12, street tire, no knobs) would fit on a V12 (HS). One person replied that he has done so, but he crashed because some pebbles got jammed in between the tire and the shell and locked the wheel up. Hence, the tire will physically fit, but just barely, but can be dangerous.

However, regarding the 80/80-12 tire, the overall diameter is only about 17", so that is not the problem. There may be an issue with the 80 mm width, though. The actual wheel-well width is just a bit wider than 80 mm. But the overall width of the 80/80-12 tire can vary from brand/model to brand/model. So even a V12 HT won't help here.

In short, it may not fit to it may be a tight fit depending on the tire due to tire width limitation of the wheel well

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

what do you expect? same wheel, added field weakening, changed color of plastic. dixi

Do you mean that is a version of updated software such as Begode updated the software to enhance the speed of Master and EX30? Therefore, V13 pro has same motor and maybe same battery of V13, in turn, they only updated the software to improve the speed. 

How to realize technology of field weakening? 

1 hour ago, YCC said:

Do you mean that is a version of updated software such as Begode updated the software to enhance the speed of Master and EX30? Therefore, V13 pro has same motor and maybe same battery of V13, in turn, they only updated the software to improve the speed. 

as you see from image rated power of motor, same as peak power didnt change, so afaik there is no other way to increase speed other way without changing motor. sorry cant explain it in english properly. let it be some kind of motor magic, where you sacrifice part of  torque for speed

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

there is no other way to increase speed

Never say never :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQvZ-FLwFX0  

(This is flux weakening through a mechanical means, which is easier to visualize. But in reality, we can do this electronically, achieving the same effect without adding parts.) 

3 hours ago, YCC said:

Top speed on Inmotion is limited so they could have just changed the limit in software. They had already plenty of headroom included and the updated model clearly includes different cells. Probably 50S. Tracktive force has also changed. 

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Probably 50S.

This would imply a switch from 18650's to 21700's.  Shell would change somehow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paradox said:

This would imply a switch from 18650's to 21700's.  Shell would change somehow.

True, didn’t remember that. But something seems to be changing with batteries. Tweaking efficiency isn’t enough for 15% increase in range unless that’s only lowering 0% voltage. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2024 at 11:59 AM, techyiam said:

Same first gen type suspension.

At least as for my type of riding (city, curb hopping, grassy hills, tree roots, cobblestones, speed humps, dead bodies  road kill) and IMHO, the V13 suspension is really plush and comfortable and adjustable in a very wide range, with great granularity. No thunks or clunks, grease parties or dirty oil slicks.

@Marty Backe (who is an esteemed and respected OG of the sport who I have nothing but praise and admiration for usually) really put an unfair stinkeye on the V13 suspension by breaking the dampening adjustment knob on the demo model that then got passed around in a broken condition so no subsequent reviewers could actually make a pretty important adjustment for their own weight/taste. Add to that the difficulty of dialing in such a highly adjustable system in a 15 minute demo ride, thus not getting the full experience, and the result is the mistaken dismissal of the InMotion air suspension as inferior. Balderdash, I tell you!:D

Air shocks are still in use in all kinds of scenarios for reasons. Take some time riding with the V13 suspension, adjusted properly, and you can't help but see how wide and granular the adjustment range is, and how comfortable the ride can be. I wish the fancy schmancy aftermarket shocks on my RCR bike could be made as pillow soft as the V13 suspension is. MMMMMM.... cloudlike! And QUIET.

Also, I just passed 6 months with only having to add air to the suspension once, and not having to change damper setting at all. Or play with grease, graphite or goo.

AKA Zero(ish) maintenance. 

So take it back, @techyiam :roflmao:

On 1/19/2024 at 5:04 PM, novazeus said:

not a particularly easy wheel to learn. 1000 miles is about right. 

94.6% Disagree. It is plenty easy to learn, as attested by the 2 people who have learned on my V13 so far, and the ease of transition to it in my case. And none of us is particularly young or  vertically stable. :D

Also, might be an outlier, but look at @Josiah. He was jumping off cliffs and carrying his whole neighborhood on the wheel with him after about two minutes of riding his V13.

It seems reasonable to say that people will learn at their natural pace no matter what wheel they learn on, provided they have the strength to raise their wheel to vertical. A lower COG and no suspension cut the time way down, but wheel size has so many trade-offs, it probably evens out in the end?

I can't find the "shrug-what-do-i-know" emoji, but it would go here: ____

:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UPONIT said:

At least as for my type of riding (city, curb hopping, grassy hills, tree roots, cobblestones, speed humps, dead bodies  road kill) and IMHO, the V13 suspension is really plush and comfortable and adjustable in a very wide range, with great granularity. No thunks or clunks, grease parties or dirty oil slicks.

Glad you like your V13 suspension. Have you had a chance to compare it to a Leaper Kim suspension?

Also, I just passed 6 months with only having to add air to the suspension once, and not having to change damper setting at all. Or play with grease, graphite or goo.

Good to know.

You didn't have to relube the sliders for 6 months? Do you ride in the rain, or off-road?

AKA Zero(ish) maintenance. 

So take it back, @techyiam :roflmao:

Hard to believe that the V13 is that low maintenance for those who rides in the rain? I suppose if you don't ride off-road, it would help reduce maintenance interval.

Regardless, the V13 suspension is still very much Gen One. But it is nice to hear that somebody is happy with it.

94.6% Disagree. It is plenty easy to learn, as attested by the 2 people who have learned on my V13 so far, and the ease of transition to it in my case. And none of us is particularly young or  vertically stable. :D

Also, might be an outlier, but look at @Josiah. He was jumping off cliffs and carrying his whole neighborhood on the wheel with him after about two minutes of riding his V13.

You three were probably outliers.

There is no way the V13 is easy to learn. Even for people who has been riding for a while need to go through a learning curve. Free-mount is no picnic for a newbie due to high pedal height, weight, and bulk.

Josiah learn to ride on a smaller wheel for a week prior. Mind you, I would still say he was an outlier too.

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

Glad you like your V13 suspension. Have you had a chance to compare it to a Leaper Kim suspension?

Nope.

Good to know.

You didn't have to relube the sliders for 6 months? Do you ride in the rain, or off-road?

Occasionally. We are droughtish a lot here in California. Off-road in a non-technical, mild sort of way.

Hard to believe that the V13 is that low maintenance for those who rides in the rain? I suppose if you don't ride off-road, it would help reduce maintenance interval.

Regardless, the V13 suspension is still very much Gen One. But it is nice to hear that somebody is happy with it.

You three were probably outliers.

There is no way the V13 is easy to learn. Even for people who has been riding for a while need to go through a learning curve. Free-mount is no picnic for a newbie due to high pedal height, weight, and bulk.

But its size brings a great deal of stability once one gets going. Also, I am a firm believer in deflating suspension completely when learning, to eliminate an added source of discombobulation and lower the COG. With those changes, my two friends learned more quickly than I did on the V11 (which was a very low bar, since I also stayed on soft, cushiony astroturf for an unreasonably long time.)

Josiah learn to ride on a smaller wheel for a week prior. Mind you, I would still say he was an outlier too.

EUC whisperer/savant.

2 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

There is no way the V13 is easy to learn.

I had only done 1500 mi on a v11 before the 13 and it was a breeze. The weight is a little different at first but i was ripping around at 50 in a few days. It's super stable down the road. Maybe i'm an outlier too?

On 1/28/2024 at 6:44 AM, UPONIT said:

But its size brings a great deal of stability once one gets going. Also, I am a firm believer in deflating suspension completely when learning, to eliminate an added source of discombobulation and lower the COG. With those changes, my two friends learned more quickly than I did on the V11 (which was a very low bar, since I also stayed on soft, cushiony astroturf for an unreasonably long time.)

So did my non-suspension Abrams. In fact, I thought my Abrams required more effort to lean side to side than the V13. It took me about 9000 km's before my body could naturally ride the Abrams without much extra effort from me.

When I first got my Abrams, I could ride it around the neighbourhood, but it was not with a lot of control. At that time, I have already ridden for a year.

Free-mount took some time.

I would have to say you guys are quick learners.

On 1/28/2024 at 7:59 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I had only done 1500 mi on a v11 before the 13 and it was a breeze. The weight is a little different at first but i was ripping around at 50 in a few days. It's super stable down the road. Maybe i'm an outlier too?

I am surprised you guys learned to ride the V13 so quickly. I don't think that is typical for most people.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

• Merkyu Kyu Kyu changed the title to 2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6
On 1/28/2024 at 7:59 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I'm not sure how the quote you quoted got attributed to me. I didn't say that there's no way... etc. 

I agree with your take on it.

• Haha 1