2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

they never did a recall it was up to the customer to discover the problem and contact their reseller to initiate the process of motherboard swap, this meant that some customers who didn't knew had accidents.

I was contacted by Eevees. My experience with the recall was as what Inmotion had announced.

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I was contacted by Eevees. My experience with the recall was as what Inmotion had announced.

There wasn't a recall, just some resellers being on top of the issue and being proactive.

4 hours ago, varamontelo said:

I'm saying that the problems seen on the V12 won't hurt the V14 Inmotion, and those on the Patton won't hurt the Lynx's sales.

For me, my V12 HS ownership experience have me wanting to buy another wheel from Inmotion. My V12 was from an early batch, and required the recall-replacement driver board. I did the swap myself by my own choosing. Compared to my T3, S22, and Abrams, the overall build quality and durability was good. I can tell the V12 was designed with serviceability in mind. On this latter point, I would rank the T3 last.

One thing I noticed on the V12, at least for things that I noticed, Inmotion has a certain minimum quality acceptance level in their design. Unlike the T3, Inmotion will not go below that level. On the other hand, on the T3, anything does to save a penny. I bought my T3 to learn on. So for that purpose, it was fine. I find my T3 to be reliable though, but not durable.

My impression of the Patton, issue-wise was positive. For me, after my positive ownership experience with my Abrams, and my positive impression of both the Sherman S and Patton release, I also would consider buying another Veteran-branded wheel. Just consider this. Even after the Abrams disaster, Leaper Kim had no problem selling the Sherman Max, Sherman S, Patton, and Lynx.

Along the same line, both the S22 and the Master had many, many issues, and some critical to boot, yet, they were popular. On the other hand, the Hero was a decent wheel, and it flopped.

I would most likely shy away from Kingsong after my S22 ownership experience. The spotty build quality and higher maintenance requirement makes it less desirable for me. I have to try another suspension wheel to see if I can find something better for my use-case.

Surprisingly, I am open to consider a Begode wheel that is an Extreme or newer.

12 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

In 2022 recall of V12 by Inmotion:

rappel inmotion 2022.jpg

That's not a recall, that was an information announcement, as the announcement says "repair service for free to customer impacted by this cut out issue", that means at that point in time they expected customers to crash first then contact their reseller.

This didn't sit well the community and some more prominent resellers pushed for free replacements for everyone, eventually that happened but it was still up to the customer to know about this issue and initiate the whole process unless you were lucky and had a proactive reseller with good customer service.

To summarize: there was never a recall.

9 hours ago, Rawnei said:

V12HS had it's own problems, the motherboard it was released with had mosfets that were underspecced which they later released a new motherboard for, they never did a recall it was up to the customer to discover the problem and contact their reseller to initiate the process of motherboard swap, this meant that some customers who didn't knew had accidents.

V12HT came with a new and different motherboard, the V12HT can suddently throw riders backwards, this is unrelated to the issue above, it keeps happening to this day and many customers are unaware.

V14 had firmware issues when landing from jumps, this was fixed in firmware and completely unrelated to the two issues above.

Another big problem here is lack of communication from Inmotion, V12HS issue was driven by the community and resellers together to get it fixed, it took months to make it happen while the general advice was to "not ride" your brand new V12, my girlfriend had a V12HS and couldn't ride it for months while waiting. V12HT issue to this day Inmotion have said nothing about it yet it keeps occurring for buyers of new wheels.

V14 they are a bit more communicative with as it's their flagship wheel which currently have the most attention.

It would seem that the V13 is an outlier here. I mean has the V13 had any serious issues? 

If Leaperkim is really that solid, I am really leaning towards a Lynx. To me, reliability is number one. You have only thing between you and wrecking, and that is the wheel. Which ever EUC takes that the most seriously should get the money. 

23 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

It would seem that the V13 is an outlier here. I mean has the V13 had any serious issues? 

If Leaperkim is really that solid, I am really leaning towards a Lynx. To me, reliability is number one. You have only thing between you and wrecking, and that is the wheel. Which ever EUC takes that the most seriously should get the money. 

V13 had some issues with motor, motor bolts too weak, some water intrusion problems, I would count most of those things as "Batch 1 Problems" which most wheels seem to have, I believe if you get one today it won't have those issues.

It's more serious if a wheel has some fundamental problems like design flaw or serious firmware bugs that doesn't get fixed, like V12HT we don't know how to classify the problem, is it hardware, software? The Pro comes with a raptor controller so same problem shouldn't exist there but I would still be cautious until that model has proven itself.

Lynx had some Batch 1 problems with display and motor spacer which they fixed in factory when discovered, then also with EM interference that they fixed with firmware update, so LeaperKim also have had issues but they are minor fixable ones that they sort out in the factory pretty fast, if you get one now all those things are fixed.

In my experience and point of view LeaperKim has the overall best track record with least amount of serious problems, mostly QC related things (like all manufacturers) but in general try to avoid early batches, Lynx is a good example of this, everyone thought it would be flawless since it's building on the Sherman S and Patton framework but it still had batch 1 problems.

Edited by Rawnei

On 3/16/2024 at 1:12 PM, varamontelo said:

Some V12HTs were able to change motherboards with a more reliable model today than the first batch of the previous year. So even with a 'lesson' we learn to do it again, try and forgive. It is possible that a 'lesson' is coming with the lynx which is still too young in production and resale. Should we forget the lynx after the possible 'lesson' and look for another brand? It's too early to know how reliable the lynx is. Some lynxes already have fragile metal shells and premature wear of the bindings in daily use. We put plastic in competition with aluminum.

Don't forget about the whole issue of the Batch 1 wheels turning off due to the power button sticking. I have seen videos of people trying to stop and the wheel turning off.

• 3 weeks later...

Why can’t we just get a street-focused 18-inch wheel with a reasonable weight/under 80 lbs that has both suspension and at least 100v speeds? That’s it.

I.e. a 100v v11 (what the v11 pro should’ve been), or a v12 with suspension (and ideally a slightly larger-diameter tire), or a v13 that was just a marriage of v11+v12 specs and weight (what the original v13 should’ve been).

This is entirely possible with current tech, and I guarantee it would be a best-seller virtually overnight, they just haven’t found this sweet spot yet.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Why can’t we just get a street-focused 18-inch wheel with a reasonable weight/under 80 lbs that has both suspension and at least 100v speeds? That’s it.

I.e. a 100v v11 (what the v11 pro should’ve been), or a v12 with suspension (and ideally a slightly larger-diameter tire), or a v13 that was just a marriage of v11+v12 specs and weight (what the original v13 should’ve been).

This is entirely possible with current tech, and I guarantee it would be a best-seller virtually overnight, they just haven’t found this sweet spot yet.

Exactly this! They’ve done everything else except the most obvious. They even have a modular system now. No new tech needs to be invented, just repackaged. 

27 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

S22

• Upvote 1

Lets see what they show at HK fare/event in the next week or so. 

I suspect they will showcase something new as in not yet public released.

80lbs - you got all the wheel available to you.. So many choices. WTF are you talking about.

80lbs isn't a reasonable weight. It's all the wheels ever released in past 3-4 years. 80lbs or 100lbs it makes no difference, you won't be carrying it around one-handed and up to your apartment building, or any staircases every day with smile on face.

Reasonable weight would be something around 40-55lbs. with said 100V and max cruising speed around 50-60kmh. With modern cells you don't need big battery and still have enough speed/range for daily needs.

People have gotten used to hundred miles/km ranges. And have forgotten that they are riding small lunchbox between their crotches. Anything that can do 50miles/km is amazing in my book. Then again i'm not spoiled with 3600Wh batteries and 100kmh speeds. :efeee20b79:

If i wanted a "80lbs" wheel - i would have so many choices to choose from. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Exactly, I was really hoping the V12 Pro would be a V12 with suspension but then it's just the most minimal, disappointing and useless 'upgrade'.

I just got it confirmed that Inmotion are present at Asian World Expo in HK international Airport running 11th-14th April.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

I just got it confirmed that Inmotion are present at Asian World Expo in HK international Airport running 11th-14th April.

I hope they reveal their "neighborhood" wheel. Aka: "Courage"

I imagine the "Explorer" the city wheel will be another heavy monster.

As we already got V13/14.. Challenger/Adventure..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

Their booth showed nothing new.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/2743596052460187

Well that isn't correct.

Those small white wheels are kinda new. So it looks like starter EUC models. Maybe not what most forum members look for but in the past the V8 has sold quiet high numbers and contributed to profit line of Inmotion. And in my case that was my starting point. Now the V14 is my 7th wheel in 6 years.

• Like 1

Sorry, I meant new in terms of revealing something we never seen yet. The small white wheels (E20) have been shown for a month so far with Voltride and Electric Dreams having tried it out and publicly commented on their first impressions.