2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

This "PRO" upgrading seems like bogus to me.  V14 have a new type of suspension which is interesting, Id love to try that wheel, sad that Wroooooooooooongway just broke his V14, I like the comfort of that type of suspension. Lately I have been forced to make repairs on my KIngsong, Leaperkim and Inmotion wheels. I still believe Inmotion is better than the other products. Still a lot of chinese folly, but better than the others. 

Inmotion has new boss - is he selling us "PRO" versions of older wheels that are not really improvement ? Time will tell.

PS: EUC have changed me.... I hate walking now.

17 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

V14 have a new type of suspension which is interesting, Id love to try that wheel, sad that Wroooooooooooongway just broke his V14

Can you give more info? I don't see anything about it on his latest youtube video.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 11:57 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

This "PRO" upgrading seems like bogus to me.  V14 have a new type of suspension which is interesting, Id love to try that wheel, sad that Wroooooooooooongway just broke his V14, I like the comfort of that type of suspension. Lately I have been forced to make repairs on my KIngsong, Leaperkim and Inmotion wheels. I still believe Inmotion is better than the other products. Still a lot of chinese folly, but better than the others. 

Inmotion has new boss - is he selling us "PRO" versions of older wheels that are not really improvement ? Time will tell.

PS: EUC have changed me.... I hate walking now.

EUC have changed me too: my walking, cycling and skiing activities have shrinked by 80%. Damn.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

The E20 looks horrendous lol

ronin.ryder2024_03_14_13_05_355503f41f-057f-4219-9872-f633339b88f6.jpg

Here is the real fun.  Good ol AI :facepalm:   Nothing but AI could come up with this excellent sentence (pic below) And there are many other very entertaining good details :roflmao:

https://e20.inmotionworld.net/

Annotation 2024-03-14 105725.jpg

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

Here is the real fun.  Good ol AI :facepalm:   Nothing but AI could come up with this excellent sentence (pic below) And there are many other very entertaining good details

That's one of the many potential problems with AI. Anyone can become a graphics artist.

Honestly a V12 pro that would see it getting the raptor controller that the V13 has, a redundant hall sensor, and thicker gauge wiring would be an amazing upgrade! Before I broke my shoulder on a V12 HT that died on me out of no where, I was getting ready to sell my V13 and just keep the V12HT because I thought it was such a solid wheel. Even today the practicality of the V12 is really hard to beat. Improvements to it would be a winning formula. 

On the other hand there is something to large wheels with suspension that is also excellent. You just have ride confidence. It can just absorb whatever you roll over. For a V13 pro I would say an upgrade suspension and perhaps more battery would be the only improvements I could see. The V13 is still the Inmotion flagship and for good reason. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

Honestly a V12 pro that would see it getting the raptor controller that the V13 has, a redundant hall sensor, and thicker gauge wiring would be an amazing upgrade! Before I broke my shoulder on a V12 HT that died on me out of no where, I was getting ready to sell my V13 and just keep the V12HT because I thought it was such a solid wheel. Even today the practicality of the V12 is really hard to beat. Improvements to it would be a winning formula. 

On the other hand there is something to large wheels with suspension that is also excellent. You just have ride confidence. It can just absorb whatever you roll over. For a V13 pro I would say an upgrade suspension and perhaps more battery would be the only improvements I could see. The V13 is still the Inmotion flagship and for good reason. 

V12HT Dumped you on your ass what makes you confident the V12 Pro won't have any bugs or flaws that would do the same? If anything it should have taught you a lesson about Inmotion. It won't have redundant hall sensors you can see on the product image what news it brings and redundant hall sensor is not one of them, how common is hall sensor failure anyway? Seems like it's not very common at all.

• Upvote 1

Some V12HTs were able to change motherboards with a more reliable model today than the first batch of the previous year. So even with a 'lesson' we learn to do it again, try and forgive. It is possible that a 'lesson' is coming with the lynx which is still too young in production and resale. Should we forget the lynx after the possible 'lesson' and look for another brand? It's too early to know how reliable the lynx is. Some lynxes already have fragile metal shells and premature wear of the bindings in daily use. We put plastic in competition with aluminum.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varamontelo said:

Some V12HTs were able to change motherboards with a more reliable model today than the first batch of the previous year. So even with a 'lesson' we learn to do it again, try and forgive. It is possible that a 'lesson' is coming with the lynx which is still too young in production and resale. Should we forget the lynx after the possible 'lesson' and look for another brand? It's too early to know how reliable the lynx is. Some lynxes already have fragile metal shells and premature wear of the bindings in daily use. We put plastic in competition with aluminum.

No not really, people who bought late batch V12HT recently have had this problem, Inmotion is keeping quiet about the issue and there is no official fix.

What we say late is part of the first batch. Here the importers who receive these defective V12HTs ask the Chinese at the factory for a new motherboard. When the motherboard is not replaced it is repaired, renovated and the wheel is returned free of charge to the customer. According to the importers, they keep the wheel for a few weeks and do new tests as the Asians tell them by telephone. In silence but not always because curious people like me travel and surprise the importer at home riding on a customer's wheel for two months.

3 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

What we say late is part of the first batch. Here the importers who receive these defective V12HTs ask the Chinese at the factory for a new motherboard. When the motherboard is not replaced it is repaired, renovated and the wheel is returned free of charge to the customer. According to the importers, they keep the wheel for a few weeks and do new tests as the Asians tell them by telephone. In silence but not always because curious people like me travel and surprise the importer at home riding on a customer's wheel for two months.

Huh, what on earth? I personally know 2 people who bought V12HT's from reputative dealers in EU second half of last year and they both got dumped backwards while riding, their dealers have no clue what the problem was and Inmotion didn't seem to neither, one of them got his wheel refunded and bought my Patton instead and couldn't be happier now. Just because they send a new motherboard doesn't mean the problem is fixed, what they should do is communicate and maybe even recall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Rawnei said:

one of them got his wheel refunded and bought my Patton instead and couldn't be happier now.

Looking back at the last couple of years, in new wheel releases, it seems like the manufacturer with the least critical issues, and that are lingering is Leaper Kim.

Just curious, did you keep your S22 Pro because you want to use it for big drops and jumps?

Or because the Patton was kind of redundant since you already own the Sherman S and Lynx?

Now you only have 20" wheels in your stable.

Edited by techyiam

It's true that resellers in France do not communicate with the customer because they no longer have an argument to keep the unfortunate customer who is the victim of a 'cut off' waiting. In Spain the importer is friendly, he calls to inform the customer about the progress of the work on the repair of a motherboard, he kindly sends photos or a video. It's different depending on the country. We French are now being sent to Barcelona in Spain, it's more serious.

2 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

It's true that resellers in France do not communicate with the customer because they no longer have an argument to keep the unfortunate customer who is the victim of a 'cut off' waiting. In Spain the importer is friendly, he calls to inform the customer about the progress of the work on the repair of a motherboard, he kindly sends photos or a video. It's different depending on the country. We French are now being sent to Barcelona in Spain, it's more serious.

It's not s reseller issue, it's Inmotion not communicating, it leads me to believe Inmotion doesn't really know what the problem is.

22 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Looking back for the last couple of years, in new wheel releases, it seems like the manufacturer with the least critical issues, and that are lingering is Leaper Kim.

Just curious, did you keep your S22 Pro because you want to use it for big drops and jumps?

Or because the Patton was kind of redundant since you already own the Sherman S and Lynx?

Now you only have 20" wheels in your stable.

LeaperKim have their issues, mostly related to QC but overall my impression is that they have the best track record with least amount of issues and the ones that pop up they nip in the bud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, varamontelo said:

Here the importers who receive these defective V12HTs ask the Chinese at the factory for a new motherboard. When the motherboard is not replaced it is repaired,

Are you saying the cause of the sudden tilt-back and unintentional acceleration is hardware (controller board) related and not firmware on the V12 HT?

On 1/13/2024 at 8:51 AM, OldFartRides said:

I dunno, looks to me like the same playbook as that other company….too many “ versions “ and models to support.

” Sorry, parts no longer available”.

On the flip side, the inmotion Adventurer/V14 introduced some modularity. Maybe inmotion moves forward with this modularity and revamps their product line to be able use more of the same parts interchangeably. This would be good for the end user as parts ought to have a longer production life. This could lower end user costs too.

Edited by GottaWay

12 hours ago, techyiam said:

Are you saying the cause of the sudden tilt-back and unintentional acceleration is hardware (controller board) related and not firmware on the V12 HT?

To say here what I can read on various websites, I will answer you but I am not a tester, not a reseller, not a workshop worker in Schenzen, not a member of factory management. I am an ordinary wheeler who sets down 60 years on a machine which must be reliable for the eyes of a human without prospect of any commercial profit.
For the V12HT not V12HS, part of the first batch was sold despite the installation of an unimproved motherboard, with quick tests neglected because you cannot throw away stocks. But too late the brand tries to repair, wants to forget its failures. The damage was already done, even when the French reseller of Inmotion published a notice to warn that there was a problem, I repeat myself on V12HT after the V12HS. When you read some dealers who write that only the V12HS was affected, this is an error because the return of the first V12HTs was considerable last winter.
For the bad reaction of the software which accelerates the wheel at the wrong time, it is especially on the V14s when it regains grip on the ground. This can be corrected by a software update, but for today the phenomenon is much reduced by deactivating the 'electric assistance' option in the application menu.
I don't think Inmotion will remain reckless for long in the face of competition from leaperkim, because in 2024 these two wheels are full of technical progress. I'm saying that the problems seen on the V12 won't hurt the V14 Inmotion, and those on the Patton won't hurt the Lynx's sales.

Edited by varamontelo

16 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

To say here what I can read on various websites, I will answer you but I am not a tester, not a reseller, not a workshop worker in Schenzen, not a member of factory management. I am an ordinary wheeler who spends 60 years on a machine which must be reliable for the eyes of a human without prospect of any commercial profit.
For the V12HT not V12HS, part of the first batch was sold despite the installation of an unimproved motherboard, with quick tests neglected because you cannot throw away stocks. But too late the brand tries to repair, wants to forget its failures. The damage was already done, even when the French reseller of Inmotion published a notice to warn that there was a problem, I repeat myself on V12HT after the V12HS. When you read some dealers who write that only the V12HS was affected, this is an error because the return of the first V12HTs was considerable last winter.
For the bad reaction of the software which accelerates the wheel at the wrong time, it is especially on the V14s when it regains grip on the ground. This can be corrected by a software update, but for today the phenomenon is much reduced by deactivating the 'electric assistance' option in the application menu.
I don't think Inmotion will remain reckless for long in the face of competition from leaperkim, because in 2024 these two wheels are full of technical progress. I'm saying that the problems seen on the V12 won't hurt the V14 Inmotion, and those on the Patton won't hurt the Lynx's sales.

You seem to be mixing a lot of different things together here to defend Inmotion.

V12HS had it's own problems, the motherboard it was released with had mosfets that were underspecced which they later released a new motherboard for, they never did a recall it was up to the customer to discover the problem and contact their reseller to initiate the process of motherboard swap, this meant that some customers who didn't knew had accidents.

V12HT came with a new and different motherboard, the V12HT can suddently throw riders backwards, this is unrelated to the issue above, it keeps happening to this day and many customers are unaware.

V14 had firmware issues when landing from jumps, this was fixed in firmware and completely unrelated to the two issues above.

Another big problem here is lack of communication from Inmotion, V12HS issue was driven by the community and resellers together to get it fixed, it took months to make it happen while the general advice was to "not ride" your brand new V12, my girlfriend had a V12HS and couldn't ride it for months while waiting. V12HT issue to this day Inmotion have said nothing about it yet it keeps occurring for buyers of new wheels.

V14 they are a bit more communicative with as it's their flagship wheel which currently have the most attention.

Just like King Song, Inmotion also seems to have some troubling corporate culture that is festering within, ex-ceo Bob getting forced out of the company is a telltale sign of that, from being a very public and forthcoming leader to being forced out of the company says something.

How anyone would blindly trust this company is beyond me, their trackrecord is not great (even before V12), they have a lot to prove in terms of technical prowess yet their marketing seems on point as it seems to gain them fans who are blind to all these serious issues that keep popping up on their wheels.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

You seem to be mixing a lot of different things together here to defend Inmotion.

V12HS had it's own problems, the motherboard it was released with had mosfets which they later released a new motherboard for, they never did a recall it was up to the customer to contact their reseller to initiate the process of motherboard swap.

V12HT came with a new and different motherboard, the V12HT can suddently throw riders backwards, this is unrelated to the issue above.

V14 had firmware issues when landing from jumps, this was fixed in firmware and completely unrelated to the two issues above.

Another big problem here is lack of communication from Inmotion, V12HS issue was driven by the community and resellers together to get it fixed, it took months to make it happen while the general advice was to "not ride" your brand new V12, V12HT issue to this day Inmotion have said nothing about it yet it keeps occurring for buyers of new wheels.

V14 they are a bit more communicative with as it's their flagship wheel which currently have the most attention.

Just like King Song, Inmotion also seems to have some troubling corporate culture that is festering within, ex-ceo Bob getting forced out of the company is a telltale sign of that, from being a very public and forthcoming leader to being forced out of the company says something.

How anyone would blindly trust this company is beyond me, their trackrecord is not great (even before V12), they have a lot to prove in terms of technical prowess yet their marketing seems on point as it seems to gain them fans who are blind to all these serious issues that keep popping up on their wheels.

You are right about one thing which is one of our common points. You defend leaperkim that you chose after riding Inmotion. Excuse me for the familiarity. I defend Inmotion despite my accident on their machine. I remain authorized to write in an approximate translation that the observation is disputed in various countries and places on this magnificent planet, I wish you good luck and good ride.

36 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

You are right about one thing which is one of our common points. You defend leaperkim that you chose after riding Inmotion. Excuse me for the familiarity. I defend Inmotion despite my accident on their machine. I remain authorized to write in an approximate translation that the observation is disputed in various countries and places on this magnificent planet, I wish you good luck and good ride.

I'm not defending anyone, where did you get that impression?