The Photo Thread

SlowMo

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Beautiful day to show off the KS16S at the marina. Take that @Marty Backe :D

39535326052_0c7461464a_b.jpg

Man, that KS16S looks way too clean. Have you ridden it or is it just used as a prop in your photographs :P

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

at the marina

Doylesails makes (including custom cut and stitched) sails at a facility nearby

http://www.doylesails.com/about/index.html

And Marblehead manufactures and sells a hybrid tube-hulled boat at Ribcraft

http://www.ribcraftusa.com/

Nice looking KS

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

It sure was cold everywhere else but where @Michael Vu and I rode today. There were still children sledding at the beach, but different from those of you on the east coast. Traveled from Redondo Beach to the top of Santa Monica along the beach. Then we rode all the way back 51 miles total and I still had 4 bars and 45% power left on my Kingsong 18s. Michael still had 1 bar left or 20% so we can assume that when @Marty Backe did his range comparison he was wearing his leaden weights while riding his KS18s. 

Michael has some awesome drone footage of our ride along the beach, but here is a small teaser. 

Glad that you guys were able to get together. That's an awesome ride and I know it well.

@Stan Onymous, if I was your weight I'd probably get 100-miles too ;)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Glad that you guys were able to get together. That's an awesome ride and I know it well.

@Stan Onymous, if I was your weight I'd probably get 100-miles too ;)

My point being that between these two, the Gotway at 1600wh and the Kingsong at 1680whs they performed about the same considering our weight differential. The Gotway with 210lbs of rider including backpack and gear at 51 miles had >21% power left while myself at around 160lbs with backpack and gear at same 51 miles had >44% power left. Their range is the same and we did both medium speed riding and all out full blast for miles riding for the same amount of time. I still contend you were wearing leaden knee pads on your range test:laughbounce2:.  Even if its not true, its funny.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

My point being that between these two, the Gotway at 1600wh and the Kingsong at 1680whs they performed about the same considering our weight differential. The Gotway with 210lbs of rider including backpack and gear at 51 miles had >21% power left while myself at around 160lbs with backpack and gear at same 51 miles had >44% power left. Their range is the same and we did both medium speed riding and all out full blast for miles riding for the same amount of time. I still contend you were wearing leaden knee pads on your range test:laughbounce2:.  Even if its not true, its funny.

Actually @Marty Backe, that would be the decider... Two riders, weighted the same (like jockeys are), riding the same route, at the same speed, at the same time. Surely that would eliminate all other environmental factors? 

It would also be really interesting to see the same thing done with two wheels that are the same model... Just to see how consistent the manufacturing is? 

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ipsiain said:

I always feel a bit embarrassed riding this thing around. Ive only ever seen one other person with a wheel. I don't like the attention it gets, so I tend to do more riding in secluded areas.

IMG_7101.JPG

That is one Big A tire. 

• Like 1