The Photo Thread

SlowMo

Thanks all.

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Do you have any contingencies in case your wheel breaks down or develops an air leak?  Did you Slime it?  I can't imagine trying to trek out of there carrying a wheel...

Break down: carry it back, can't be more than 4 or so hours in the worst case:P If that were to happen, lugging it on your back while holding it with both hands around the sides of your head works reasonably well for longer distances. Still not pretty, but doable. You really can't hold it like a regular bag using the carry handle in one hand very long (which I did for the bad parts, as it was too dirty for the better method).

Air leak: won't happen. I've ridden bicycles for so long, and leaks are so extremely rare. EUCs are the exact same technology and parts. I could slime it or whatever, but even that is more work than I deem justified. I would probably change my mind if a leak ever happens in the wild though. Guess I'm a type 1 (or was it 2?) rider in regards to that;)

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2017 at 8:12 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Hope you enjoyed and I did not break your browser, explode your bandwidth bill, break the forum, or anything else, with this many pictures:)

Great pictures of an envious riding route done on an appropriate EUC for the task. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, Rehab1 said:

Wow she lives in a beautiful area of the world!

bCqqIGR.jpg

So here's the same shot from the ground... My  sky isn't so blue today, but there is an EUC to brighten everything up!

PSX_20170804_125316.jpg

And now, being a Friday afternoon and all, I must follow the great WA tradition of frequenting a Skimpy Bar.

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love - Do NOT Google Skimpy Bar, it may ruin you for Tilted KIlt. And if you do Google it, avoid clicking the images option at all costs - you wIll break completely!

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Upvote 2

Oh oh too late!  :blink:  I'm a fast Googler.  Yes you have ruined me for the good life down under, mate!  Booking tickets as we speak... :dribble:

It's still yesterday night here.  Could you do me a favor person from the future and Google "Friday Lotto 6/49 winning numbers" for me?  I still got some time to buy!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

Oh no Surfing baby this time, but there was a Planters Nutmobile sighting

IMG_0043.JPG

I totally forgot that - what are the odds of seeing peanut-mobile while out for a ride? Maybe not too long considering that this is Los Angeles :D

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mono said:

Nice, chilling without a helmet. Not exactly legal in California, as far as I have understood, but still nice.

I purposefully did everything wrong in this photograph to see if I could bring out the safety police. Success! :D