[SOLVED] Begode selling Master "LiTech" packs: we have a problem

supercurio

So they are selling LiTech assembled packs to non-ewheels dealers, while people buying them expect a better LiTech BMS. A bit scummy and deceptive - both by BG and the dealers (do people pay hundreds extra just for someone else to do a few spot welds!?).

Also, does LiTech know about this, and are they even assembling packs with the Begode BMS? Because I still don't see how having two quality levels would be a good idea for the "LiTech pack" reputation. Is this Begode trying to force the situation and have LiTech break their ewheels exclusivity? Just an attempt at deception without LiTech's involvement?

At the moment, American YouTubers are looking into this story - although with a lot of skepticism.
Fair enough it is pretty unbelievable story.

Let's see what comes out in videos soon. I'm guessing that since some work closely with eWheels, they should be able to confirm the status of things fairly easily.

Maybe contact LiTech with the queries.

https://www.litechpower.com/contact/

China Factories Address:

Factory Dongguan:
4F, Bldg B, RuiXin HengYe Industrial Park, TaiXing Rd # 18A, ShiGu District, TangXia Town, DongGuan, China. 523710

Factory ShenZhen 1:
3F, Bldg 3, Fulian Industrial Park, Heping Industrial area, Jianhui Rd, Longhua, ShenZhen, China. 518000

Factory ShenZhen 2:
Block 9-10, BaoShan # 4 Industrial Park, PingShan New District, ShenZhen, China.

Tel:  +86 769 8203 3052                  Email: info@LiTechPower.com

@Paul A I'm expecting a little bit of a delay before a public statement would be put out.
Everyone involved would need to agree and feel confident enough that it is the right choice at that point.

I think LiTech is geared for B2B but not to handle public requests especially in volume, I would suggest being gentle or avoiding additional queries.
Everything is in motion at the moment already IMO.

Edited by supercurio
  • Thanks 1

@supercurio Can you please tell us how you were able to talk to the CEO of a company? You can't just google "phone number for CEO" and make a call... If you can provide details of how you accomplished this it would help satisfy any lingering suspicions that many of have

• Thanks 1

I expect that today you will start to hear from some distributors, confirming that Begode will not make Master with "LiTech assembled" battery packs.

Probably with a spin on it with who's to blame, the result for everybody who ordered a "LiTech" upgrade will be the same.

Now, thinking ahead and that would require some work: if the demand is big enough and European/worldwide distributors would like to work together, I think there is a way to get Begode wheels with LiTech packs everywhere.

Ask your dealer again about it today!

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

Damn, I was expecting something else I guess. The master's HT motor pulled me away from the S22 but I can't afford my place burning down because of a crappy battery solder. I guess I'm back on track for an S22 then.

From another perspective:

So far, it is my understanding that the Master’s battery packs have to date been 34 volt packs or thereabouts, and are not the same item as the earlier 100v 900Wh ‘suspect’ pre July 2021 battery packs;

there is (as far as I am aware) no evidence anywhere yet of either BMS failure nor battery fire in Master battery packs;

if I’m not mistaken, the earlier ‘suspect’ 100v 900Wh packs were superseded by what has been generally accepted in the meantime as ‘improved’ packs in August 2021; I may well be out of touch,  but I’m not aware of there being any inherent propensity of such ‘improved’ packs to be any greater fire hazard than any other EUC manufacturers’ offerings (wasn’t there other EUC makes in the meantime that burned?)

Despite the clamour surrounding the ‘inherent dangers’ of the parallel battery configuration as used in the Master, I’ve not as yet heard of a failure attributed to said design (again, apologies if I’ve somehow missed a lot of bad news). I have heard of Adam’s recent possibly firmware-related misadventure on an Inmotion V12 HT, which Denis Hagov also mentioned but felt would be rectifiable in fairly short order by an update, and so was pretty relaxed about; this again is completely unrelated to Begode, LiTech, North American exclusivity deals versus rest of world supply agreements etc. 

I’m not for a moment looking to suggest that there is not some lack of clarity concerning the Battery pack origins and supplies to be offered in North America, nor is it my intention to somehow denigrate the concerns raised above, I’m just wanting to provide a little context with which to inform riders around the rest of the globe. Feel free to correct me on any of the above, I’m just a casual rider, still riding an unmodified ‘ticking time-bomb’ pre-July 21 MSP HS among other things. As such, feel free to judge too!

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

there is (as far as I am aware) no evidence anywhere yet of either BMS failure nor battery fire in Master battery packs;

?Noone? knows if something changed and if, if something substantial changed.

It's also not really clear imho what exactly caused the fires - be it cells, nickel strips, welding, missing q&a or whatever.

Just some fires were caused from batteries getting wet/humid, some batteries were not from begode but third parties.

The only official publishing from begode was the famous battery guide - to always charge outside and buy a new battery every ?6/12? month...

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

wasn’t there other EUC makes in the meantime that burned?)

Every li ion cell is dangerous as they are (mis)used with eucs. Overburden and mechanical stress is not really wanted.

Still accumulations of fires without any proper response is not building up trust.

• Like 1

It was not necessarily publicized, but there was multiple DOA battery packs (didn't work or wouldn't charge) for those who got their Master air-shipped.
For customers who order from a shop who checks everything before shipping to them that's no big deal, but if your wheel is drop-shipped it's more annoying.
At least, packs are very easy to swap which is a benefit of this design.

At least that's an indication that there were some Master Begode BMS failures already.

• Like 3

Gotway should be checking everything before shipping.

Seems a bit strange that air freight could cause multiple DOA battery packs.

If Gotway had checked, and air freight has indeed caused DOA battery packs, that is even more concerning.

• Confused 1

• supercurio changed the title to [SOLVED] Begode selling Master "LiTech" packs: we have a problem