[SOLVED] Begode selling Master "LiTech" packs: we have a problem

1 minute ago, chanman said:

Regardless of the merits of the litech packs (which I do believe are significant, but it is unclear to me how much begode's packs have improved since), this is an outright scam by Begode using Litech's name, even if the packs do/would have materialized with Begode's components and Litech's name on them.

That’s true! No question about it!

And btw:

Meanwhile I would prefer the LG 50 LT (LT are the newer LG cells with continuous 14,6 amps and double lifetime) over the Samsung 50E with 10Amp continuous and the worst internal resistance on 5000mah cells….but that dips into another topic. 
unfortunatly LG with their first version of LG M50T really gave their cell a bad reputation….

• Upvote 1

@Tawpie I can confirm that both MyEWheel and e-RIDES are involved in handling this, and everybody is talking about the same https://www.litechpower.com/ entity 😆 (did I get all of them right?)

They have different contacts at Begode, and are told different things. There's also back-peddling happening after internal discussions.
It's gonna be a painful delivery.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

I would guess that’s typical GW chenglish poor translation 😂

I mean, after all, GW did manage to label some of their own stuff Begoo. So it's possible!

But also sort of a convenient 'error'.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, supercurio said:

@Tawpie I can confirm that both MyEWheel and e-RIDES are involved in handling this, and everybody is talking about the same https://www.litechpower.com/ entity 😆 (did I get all of them right?)

They have different contacts at Begode, and are told different things. There's also back-peddling happening after internal discussions.
It's gonna be a painful delivery.

Good that I am a casual rider and was happy with the 50E. Would have been a long wait otherwise (Europe)

7 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Oh by the way @US69 it should not affect the choice of cells, only what Begode branded as "LiTech" option.

Sure, I got you right!

It’s that I got my Master from GW directly and they said that 40t,42p (from whom produced whatsoever) would not be ready before a month or two….

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

I mean, after all, GW did manage to label some of their own stuff Begoo. So it's possible!

But also sort of a convenient 'error'.

At least they have not suggested, "Purchase this, then you'll Be-God!"

Edited by UniBlab

3 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

... Outside of Litech offering temperature sensors on their BMS I don't see a technical advantage to them. The controller doesn't integrate with this temperature sensing. It would only be helpful in doing charge cutoff if the cells got out of temperature range. It has been previously mentioned their BMS won't be a smart unit that you can see parallel cell group voltages.

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Sorry, still don’t understand what’s “so good” with LiTech….

Here is a summary of the improvements in the LiTech packs:

On 10/12/2021 at 12:06 PM, AtlasP said:

September/October Update

Another huge update to rival the last one as the past 6-8 weeks have seen a flurry of activity.

[from: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/17309-euc-comparison-table-project-with-regular-updates-news-roundups/page/4/#comment-389532 ]

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one worried here about e-rides and myewheel answer ? Sure, you've messaged begode about the litech packs and got a basic PR answer. I'd be messaging Litech right now if I were in your shoes.

I was debating this week between S22 or Master but since Litech packs are now out of the window (at least in EU) I guess my choice is made.

I'll still wait for Bonheur Sur Seine's review and Wrong Way's teardown of the Master.

• Like 1

@tk463 Raphaël and I investigation puts both e-RIDES and MyEWheel in an impossible situation right now.

They have no business relationship with LiTech at the moment therefore no "secure" channel with established trust to exchange information they can rely on for business critical decisions, and have a lot to lose if disparaging their business partner Begode, with whom they have a working relationship for years, in case the info I posted here is incorrect.

I can't blame them, plus who says all that? Essentially it's just me, citing 1 source.

I find both their answers fair and clever, writing with a timestamp, for the record, statements that anybody will be able to look up later when it unfolds. Establishing without shadow of a doubt that everything depends on Begode's promises.
Good job with that IMO.

And don't be worried, they both have been very active and helpful into sorting this out. But there are still pieces missing.

It's not impossible my source has a play I have not seen coming and something else is up. Unlikely tho.

Edited by supercurio

I would expect the "Litech" packs to be delivered, possibly even actually assembled at Litech's plant as claimed, but with begode provided components. (Maybe also Litech sourced cells, but should be identical to begode's)

The issue is paying a markup ($300 I've seen) basically for use of Litech's factory and name, which provides hardly any actual benefit, and some retailers who didn't make that very clear to the buyers thinking they would get Litech improved components, which are still afaik an EWheels exclusive.

Edited by chanman
  • Upvote 1

Something is not adding up.

If Begode was lying to their dealers and distributors before, and got called out now, why would they continue to lie even after e-rides and myewheel confronted Begode. If proven true, this white lie becomes a very serious unscrupulous act, and can really hurt Begode as a business as a result. Begode seem to have invested a lot of serious effort and money to develop their new line of wheels. Why would they jeopardise all that for something so trivial. They can still easily contact LiTech for the markets outside of North America. This doesn't make sense.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

LiTech offers OEM/ODM services via their webpage, I don't see any particular reason Begode couldn't have arranged to have LiTech make packs for them. And as far as LiTech is concerned, they're not shipping to North America—they're supplying a Chinese manufacturer who ships wherever they please. They might have asked or told BG not to ship LiTech packs to North America, but AlienRides has pre-orders up for Master with either LiTech 50E or P42a packs so who knows?

https://www.litechpower.com/oem-odm/

• Like 1

Following the wise suggestion from someone, I will recommend LiTech to release an official statement.

Something which describes LiTech plans regarding the ongoing collaboration with Begode, clarifying what to expect to happen and not happen.
All that keeping in mind that LiTech needs a working relationship with Begode in order to continue progressing with the redundant Master packs project on onwards, all that despite the mismatches priorities and customers wanting their wheel naow.

It would directly be coming from the most authoritative source, certainly capable of deciding what they will or not "assemble" in their factory, to be advertised and sold as an upgrade under their brand name.

Thinking way ahead of time I can think of two resolutions where this upgrade would still exist:

• if the pack upgrade is not sold as LiTech but something else like "extra strong pack assembly". Price point could be kept. Benefit for the customer: unclear, maybe some QC to avoid a bunch of DOA packs like we've seen recently.
  • if Begode eventually strikes a deal with LiTech to distribute 100% LiTech packs with the wheels. LiTech BMS, requirements, manufacturing and all. Might cost more?

From what I gathered in the discussion, Begode BMS and packs sold as By LiTech or LiTech assembledthat ship has sailed. It's not gonna happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• supercurio changed the title to [SOLVED] Begode selling Master "LiTech" packs: we have a problem