Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

21 minutes ago, Greg X said:

what battery configurations (bigger than 1900/2400) are possible in Master? 
This wheel has a loot of empty space for better battery.....

Maybe You know if Begode plans to upgrade this model some way, in the future? (better suspension, bigger battery)

Begode has plenty of upcoming offerings with bigger batteries already.

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

what battery configurations (bigger than 1900/2400) are possible in Master? 
This wheel has a loot of empty space for better battery.....

Maybe You know if Begode plans to upgrade this model some way, in the future? (better suspension, bigger battery)

the bigger battery version of the master is the EX30

• Like 3

Yes, M.Pro or ex30 have bigger battery, but they both very big and heavy wheels. I proposed something lighter - similiar to actual size/weight, with +25% bigger battery.

Master 3000wh could be interresting, universal, budget wheel - not as heavy as cruisers, satisfying range, muuuch cheaper than top cruisers (1k cheaper than ex30, 1.5k cheaper than sherman-S/M.Pro). I think it could be more popular than today's version, many users like good price/specs value.

Edited by Greg X

39 minutes ago, Greg X said:

sooo., what possibilities of 134v battery are between 2400 and 3600/4800 wh ?

No more options?

An odd number of parallel groups is possible but in practice annoying to design. These are 4/6/8 respectively.  Also you have the V13 using I believe 18650 cells in a 6P which have a lower capacity so you get the 3000 ish Wh, if you were to do an 8P of those cells you could get 4000 ish. 

5 hours ago, Aztek said:

It is the battery which is heavy. In fact in master the battery is 50% of the weight (20 kg).

That is false. Samsung 50E cells weigh 68.7 grams. There are 128 cells in the 2400wh Master. This is a total weight of 19.35 lbs for the cells. Add in the plastic housings and BMS modules and you are likely under 25lbs. I can weigh them this weekend as my Master is down for repairs due to a 48mph GPS cutout into a headwind.

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

That is false. Samsung 50E cells weigh 68.7 grams. There are 128 cells in the 2400wh Master. This is a total weight of 19.35 lbs for the cells. Add in the plastic housings and BMS modules and you are likely under 25lbs. I can weigh them this weekend as my Master is down for repairs due to a 48mph GPS cutout into a headwind.

Really?!

Guess what, I'm speaking from experience. I've measured them.

I can have false memories, of course. Do measure yourself.

Edited by Aztek
  • Haha 1

I had to weigh the battery packs in my Nikola Plus just yesterday. That's a 1800Wh 24s4p set up and it weighed 7.5Kg. 24*4 is 96 cells. So I'd estimate the weight of the 2400Wh pack as 10Kg (i.e. 128/96 * 7.5Kg ).  I think the motor and wheel are the heaviest part of an EUC (50%), then the battery (30%), then the random heavy stuff like suspension, pedals, open motor bearings (together about 15%). Finally there's all the other bits like the case, motherboard, lighting and wiring etc (5%). 

* The battery pack I'm sure about but everything else is just a guess.

Has anyone had an issue with the Master misreading the battery voltage? I fully charged my wheel the other day and EUC World was reporting the voltage at 135.1, I didn't think too much of it and went on my ride. Yesterday I fully charged but this time I checked the actual battery voltage with my voltage meter and it reported 134.4 so the battery is where it's supposed to be, when I connected to EUC World it was reporting 135.6! Anyone else have this issue?

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

Has anyone had an issue with the Master misreading the battery voltage? I fully charged my wheel the other day and EUC World was reporting the voltage at 135.1, I didn't think too much of it and went on my ride. Yesterday I fully charged but this time I checked the actual battery voltage with my voltage meter and it reported 134.4 so the battery is where it's supposed to be, when I connected to EUC World it was reporting 135.6! Anyone else have this issue?

No, mine reports a little low if anything. But does EUC World get your temperature right just out of interest ? - my on board display shows the right value, but EUCW shows me a fixed 37 degrees C.

54 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

No, mine reports a little low if anything. But does EUC World get your temperature right just out of interest ? - my on board display shows the right value, but EUCW shows me a fixed 37 degrees C.

Yeah it appears my temperature displays correctly. My display shows the temps in celsius and EUC world is set for fahrenheit

• Thanks 1

just confirming that the master shows total odometer distance in kilometers regardless of if you choose metric or imperial units. My speedometer seems to switch accurately but the odometer always reports in kilometers even if the units in the app shows miles. 

40 minutes ago, taiguy said:

just confirming that the master shows total odometer distance in kilometers regardless of if you choose metric or imperial units. My speedometer seems to switch accurately but the odometer always reports in kilometers even if the units in the app shows miles. 

My odometer is in miles.

14 minutes ago, Sprite said:

My odometer is in miles.

How do you get it to switch? If I switch units in the app, it will say 200 miles, and if I switch again it will say 200 kilometers. On my wheel, it shows 200 regardless of units selected in app. The true distance is 200 * .62 (kilometers to miles conversion). 

9 minutes ago, taiguy said:

How do you get it to switch? If I switch units in the app, it will say 200 miles, and if I switch again it will say 200 kilometers. On my wheel, it shows 200 regardless of units selected in app. The true distance is 200 * .62 (kilometers to miles conversion). 

I changed it from km to miles in the begode app. Make site you're logged in otherwise it won't change.

6 hours ago, Sprite said:

Have you tried updating your firmware?

I have one of the eWheels litech 50e wheels from october. The firmware is GW2014503 which doesn't upgrade to any of the versions listed in the app. :(

1 hour ago, taiguy said:

I have one of the eWheels litech 50e wheels from october. The firmware is GW2014503 which doesn't upgrade to any of the versions listed in the app. :(

Ah okay, I also have a litech wheel but my fw is 2015103

On 12/18/2022 at 6:48 PM, Cerbera said:

on v2 master i had to upgrade the firmware to match the temperature between display and app

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

on v2 master i had to upgrade the firmware to match the temperature between display and app

Aha ! thank you. That'll be it then. I haven't done mine yet - risk of bricking seems... higher than I would like.