Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

1 hour ago, Aztek said:

A fan heater?

Oh yeah I do have one of those lying about somewhere for when it's REALLY cold. What do you reckon - just point it generally at it on low heat for a few mins, checking periodically to make sure it's not melting my little velcro hooks !?

Edited by Cerbera

From google query: 'cold temperature glue'

Epoxy adhesives in particular do very well at low temperatures. They actually increase in bond strength and their physical properties are higher than at room temperatures.

Polyurethane glues are the best exterior wood glues to use in colder temperatures. 

Because reactive polyurethanes are 100% solids, there is no concern with minimum-use temperatures.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Oh yeah I do have one of those lying about somewhere for when it's REALLY cold. What do you reckon - just point it generally at it on low heat for a few mins, checking periodically to make sure it's not melting my little velcro hooks !?

Yes, get it to 70-80 degrees.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I am going to play it a bit fast and loose with this one - was only one pad affected. I glued it 2 hours ago, heated it for 5 mins with fan heater, then put it next to a radiator for an hour, then back on the wheel until now, when I am about to go out in the cold and ride. Instructions say it cures in an hour to be usable and fully in 24. So we'll see if it comes off in my imminent wheel round the park now !

11 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I don't have a hairdryer right now unfortunately, and with electricity prices being what they are, it's a struggle to keep this house very warm at the moment !

But I did the gluing in the warmest room I had, and left the glue to cure next to a radiator - we'll see how effective that was when I ride into town in a few hours ! Might buy a budget hairdryer while I'm there !

Spent it all on the wheel, eh? Good Man! A Begode wheel is the recommended choice for a warm homecoming, too, lolno!

It puts me in mind of the story about when the playwright Sheridan’s London Drury Lane theatre burned down and local people were amazed when he calmly drew up a chair, poured himself a glass and watched, sang-froid; a fireman even remonstrated with him for not assisting to deal with the blaze, to which he replied: -  ” A man may surely be allowed to take a glass of wine by his own fireside

Edited by Freeforester

2 hours ago, Freeforester said:

Spent it all on the wheel, eh? Good Man! A Begode wheel is the recommended choice for a warm homecoming, too, lolno!

Lols - yep  ! I don't want to lay down a challenge to fate or anything, but I have taken steps to ensure that the only warm feelings coming out of my wheel is the joy of the ride !

Like the fire alarm on the ceiling above it, the fire blanket and powder extinguisher hanging close by, and the MC helmet and thick winter gloves for emergency transfer outside. 

In happier news, my gorilla glue plans seem to be working out nicely and my padding seems pretty secure so far.

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

It's a clusterfudge.

In a glass half full perspective, Begode engineers were able to come out with four 134.4 V controller board revisions in considerably less time than it took Kingsong to make even one badly needed 126 V controller board revision. 

Additionally, each new revision came with a corresponding revised display and charge port board, except for revision 3. For revision 3, the display was not revised. Hence, revision 3 controller board used revision 2 display.

Moreover, for compatibility between revisions, Kevin has a nice compatibility chart laid out.

• Like 1

For those people still having the low temperature / no display / lights thing I have more information.

Temps are hovering around 0C in the UK at the moment, and as we are now loads colder than before, the minimum time we need to have the wheel on for before its display is activated on restart is correspondingly much longer - indeed a solid 5 minutes of mounted pendulum action wasn't enough to bring it back today ! I wheeled to the supermarket without the light or the display - it was still light and I didn't need either with EUC World running.

I tried to remain in the warm shop for as long as possible, but it wasn't enough to make my display work, and by the time I left darkness had fallen.

My head light would turn on, but every so often would go into flashy-blinky mode, before returning to normal some time later.

I rode home as quickly as possible, racing the sunset. And so I can confirm that no matter how much the light cuts in and out, balance is truly unaffected and it remains safe to ride unless you need its light to see ! Time to fit the card, which I has been just sitting here all the time it didn't bother me...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

For those people still having the low temperature / no display / lights thing I have more information.

Temps are hovering around 0C in the UK at the moment, and as we are now loads colder than before, the minimum time we need to have the wheel on for before its display is activated on restart is correspondingly much longer - indeed a solid 5 minutes of mounted pendulum action wasn't enough to bring it back today ! I wheeled to the supermarket without the light or the display - it was still light and I didn't need either with EUC World running.

I tried to remain in the warm shop for as long as possible, but it wasn't enough to make my display work, and by the time I left darkness had fallen.

My head light would turn on, but every so often would go into flashy-blinky mode, before returning to normal some time later.

I rode home as quickly as possible, racing the sunset. And so I can confirm that no matter how much the light cuts in and out, balance is truly unaffected and it remains safe to ride unless you need its light to see ! Time to fit the card, which I has been just sitting here all the time it didn't bother me...

I changed two chips, the small one and the t shaped one.  Works fine now, rode in -1c screen still good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadir Metin Bozatli Köyü said:

Can you show me how you did it with a photo?

There's a video. It's more of a PITA than you'd think, being nestled as it is under the top circuit board...

3 hours ago, Kadir Metin Bozatli Köyü said:

Can you show me how you did it with a photo?

I’ve done it already and didn’t take photos.  I didn’t find it particularly hard, hardest part was very carefully removing silicone (took ages, for the t shaped chip).

Why is my post showing in Turkish in your quote?  Hopefully I don’t have a virus.

28 minutes ago, Topkek said:

I’ve done it already and didn’t take photos.  I didn’t find it particularly hard, hardest part was very carefully removing silicone (took ages, for the t shaped chip).

Why is my post showing in Turkish in your quote?  Hopefully I don’t have a virus.

I don't know English, I translated it from Google, the quote is in Turkish, I'm sorry, and thank you for your interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After 440km of glorious training to master my master it is dead (I been riding more with my Smax because of weather).

My suspension is very hard (I finally don't bottom), I demonstrated it to @mrelwood and @idzpeed by launching myself max 10cm in air with it.
I was almost stationary, when I came down I was in an angle. Not too bad but enough for the wheel to tilt and cutoff + dead. We think it was mosfet burned.

Oh well, one more to add into my signature. Hope to get it fixed fast as I really like the wheel.

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Kutvelo said:

After 440km of glorious training to master my master it is dead (I been riding more with my Smax because of weather).

My suspension is very hard (I finally don't bottom), I demonstrated it to @mrelwood and @idzpeed by launching myself max 10cm in air with it.
I was almost stationary, when I came down I was in an angle. Not too bad but enough for the wheel to tilt and cutoff + dead. We think it was mosfet burned.

Oh well, one more to add into my signature. Hope to get it fixed fast as I really like the wheel.

Ouch, did it happen while you were riding?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprite said:

Ouch, did it happen while you were riding?

I was almost stationary, 1/3 of normal walking speed. Just to squeeze and launch myself up with suspension. Didn't fall myself, was able to jump of the wheel as it died.

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Sorry to be so harsh, but if you ever visit Seattle, you may NOT TOUCH MY WHEELS. ;)

Jeepers, that's some bad luck...

I have heard this before, just remove the Seattle :lol:.  I don't push my friend wheels like I do my own though, need locked pedals with my own pads to be able to push real force into the wheel.

13 hours ago, Kadir Metin Bozatli Köyü said:

I don't know English, I translated it from Google, the quote is in Turkish, I'm sorry, and thank you for your interest.

Google translation rocks, who cares about the correct spelling as long as things get solved.
Have you tried youtube automatic text translations (first enable them and then use cogwheel to choose lanquake).

Edited by Kutvelo

what battery configurations (bigger than 1900/2400) are possible in Master? 
This wheel has a loot of empty space for better battery.....

Maybe You know if Begode plans to upgrade this model some way, in the future? (better suspension, bigger battery)