Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

On 11/21/2022 at 7:57 AM, EUCzero said:

... aaab. Is I suspected and read before. Thank.

What I was thinking is that since the slot that loads the negative chamber seems to be located pretty deep into the shock travel, does the stock linkage even make the shock go far enough for it to happen? Or are all stock Masters basically running the negative chamber at 0psi?

My old shock did have 0 pressure in the negative chamber.But I got it replaced as the rebound adjustment did not work.

So I was very confused when I needed much higher psi in the new one. Logical now when I now more. 

I can try to take the old one all apart and investigate just that. Will be interesting.

Edited by EUCzero

18 hours ago, Silver said:

Not going to bottom out now :lol:

AL9nZEW_7Wrj4MA4xzUait0cdlATD7YG28SBMd3Q

Be aware that a gauge like that might never show a correct value again after being pressurized high above its upper range.
Normally 350 psi would be enough for a 0-300psi gauge to get a deformed bourdon tube. My old job was to calibrate gauges like this. Well, mostly bigger and more accurate ones, but ;)

Are there any revisions coming in the future for the Master? I've heard there's a revised motherboard. I'm asking because I am tempted to buy on of the Masters on sale for Black Friday. I don't want to get it if there are significant changes coming in the future for the Master. Thanks.

5 hours ago, sffish said:

Are there any revisions coming in the future for the Master? I've heard there's a revised motherboard. I'm asking because I am tempted to buy on of the Masters on sale for Black Friday. I don't want to get it if there are significant changes coming in the future for the Master. Thanks.

They revise small stuff all the time without informing anyone, if you are asking that there is a completely new Master model coming probably not Begode strategy is to constantly release new wheels and forget about the old ones.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rawnei said:

They revise small stuff all the time without informing anyone, if you are asking that there is a completely new Master model coming probably not Begode strategy is to constantly release new wheels and forget about the old ones.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I just ordered the Alien Rides Black Friday Master. We'll see when I get it.

Any thoughts on Hsiang's physics of the flexiness of the Master? It seems like you could bolt some sheet metal (with some light fabrication) on the inside of the battery boxes between the 2 top bolts and the 2 bottom bolts to increase structural rigidity. Also would serve to protect the inside of the battery cases against stones from the tire.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sffish said:

Any thoughts on Hsiang's physics of the flexiness of the Master? It seems like you could bolt some sheet metal (with some light fabrication) on the inside of the battery boxes between the 2 top bolts and the 2 bottom bolts to increase structural rigidity. Also would serve to protect the inside of the battery cases against stones from the tire.

Sheet metal may not have enough in-plane stiffness. But the battery boxes can be made into a structural component. 

Edited by techyiam

+ commentary:  In this video I have the kickstand working nicely.  However, pertinent to this thread on suspension the master is in the domain of the S22 in this video and yes I have an S22.  Before I got the stuck sliders working, and 4th controller to get the S22 working again, this was better than it was.  However, with the CNC rollers and 350lbs spring that wheel rocks the world with great suspension.  So the only thing remaining better about the Master is its speed over 43 (limit of S22, I've done 41.8 on mine).  I've so far done 43.4 max speed on the master.  I will likely go back to a road tire on it (assuming the S22 doesn't blow another controller or anything major like that). So in reference to Hsiang's flexiness comment, yes I can feel it in this grassy video.  However, I find the linear suspension with less travel of the master is much more significant.  It means the Master is a road-nature suspension while the S22 is the opposite.  Like a dirt bike vs a nice car.  The Master is a 'nice car' that can go faster than the S22.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+ commentary: 

Just took my ewheels batch 2 master out for a lunch ride and noticed that my lift switch no longer does anything. Regular clicks as well as push and hold. 

It used to disengage the motor for me.

Edited by taiguy

2 minutes ago, taiguy said:

Just took my ewheels batch 2 master out for a lunch ride and noticed that my lift switch no longer does anything. Regular clicks as well as push and hold. 

It used to disengage the motor for me.

Mine seems to require a "double-press" to go into lift mode.  And only a "single-press" to return to balance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@btl Looks awesome! Great work! 

How much weight did all that metal add?

Was the battery casings made from extrusions or did your form them from sheet metal? Are they aluminum or steel?

If you are willing to share, please provide more details on the construction.

I posted some pics here: 

The added weight is perhaps 200g per pack, but left the kickstand off, so its almost stock weight.

Edited by btl
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, btl said:

Structual battery packs. Master battery in full metal jacket, so to speak.

That was a lot of work, no mass production planned.

IMG_20221111_190940.jpg

Have you noticed a difference in riding performance with your new battery boxes? Is the Master more rigid? Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, EMA said:

when you decide to record something but it's full cloudy :wacko:

So... what is the verdict?

It is difficult when both shock and linkage is different to compare with stock. But ;) Try !

55 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

So... what is the verdict?

It is difficult when both shock and linkage is different to compare with stock. But ;) Try !

it's definitely an upgrade becouse will let you tune the suspension 360° , stock geometry is on the comfort side, it can't provide support if you are heavy and do big drops 

i've designed a nice progression curve that works very nice since the beginning, middle stroke is awesome imho, the rubber at the end will smooth the last 10mm.

with this i'm running a 550 (the small i got atm), compared to the 1250 i use with stock geometry is a bit stiffer and support big drops better, i'm waiting 350 and 450lbs to test (72kg rider)

need to try stock shock as a reference ;)