Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

On 12/18/2022 at 12:06 PM, Elliott Reitz said:
I made some side stands in case others want them.

Well nobody seems to want a side stand.  But there were a couple requests for seat mounts so I've made that available (but not a whole batch).
  • Like 2

Ooh - I am seriously tempted by that. Shipping to UK is expensive though and I bet they kick me for import duty too... even so it's very reasonably priced - I bet you get at least as many orders for one as you can be arsed to make ! :)

Edited by Cerbera

15 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ooh - I am seriously tempted by that. Shipping to UK sounds expensive though and I bet they kick me for import duty too - do you even do that @Elliott Reitz ?! Even so it's very reasonably priced - I bet you get at least as many orders for one as you can be arsed to make ! :)

I think I put it for free shipping and its bigger than the flat rate box I set as the shipping service.  So whatever it is I will figure it out.  I think it was an ebay international shipping selection... IDK, look at it on ebay.

54 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I think I put it for free shipping and its bigger than the flat rate box I set as the shipping service.  So whatever it is I will figure it out.  I think it was an ebay international shipping selection... IDK, look at it on ebay.

Yeah I read the post in more detail, which does list it as being available to UK for 21 pounds shipping, which isn't bad all things considered. The only thing that holds me back is how much I might miss the trolley handle and its supermarket-basket-holding abilities !

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Would it be easier to insert CE knee guards into the pants, to act as a seat?

Nah - doesn't get you high enough. Elliot's seat is exactly the sort of height you need, which is much much higher than stock + any amount of padding...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah I read the post in more detail, which does list it as being available to UK for 21 pounds shipping, which isn't bad all things considered. The only thing that holds me back is how much I might miss the trolley handle and its supermarket-basket-holding abilities !

Well for supermarket bags those shoulder straps work better.  And as for trolleying the wheel this is better than the original handle because its always there to grab, including for emergency breaking.  

3 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Would it be easier to insert CE knee guards into the pants, to act as a seat?

LOL, that would be funny to see.  You'd have to be careful with your selection of pants because you know crack kills!  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

always there to grab, including for emergency breaking.  

Yeah that would be helpful, and I can quite see how the saddle is probably eminently grabbable for solid manoeuvring. Last problem to solve for me is the very problem I encountered today - I leave the house in dry weather, then get caught in a rainstorm and have to deploy the waterproof rucksack cover to keep the master safe in the rain. Would have to come up with another solution for making sure no water made it in the charge port surround. Which is pretty solvable I reckon - I already have that printed part that completely covers the whole area and in theory prevents water getting inside that recess with some overlap...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah that would be helpful, and I can quite see how the saddle is probably eminently grabbable for solid manoeuvring. Last problem to solve for me is the very problem I encountered today - I leave the house in dry weather, then get caught in a rainstorm and have to deploy the waterproof rucksack cover to keep the master safe in the rain. Would have to come up with another solution for making sure no water made it in the charge port surround. Which is pretty solvable I reckon - I already have that printed part that completely covers the whole area and in theory prevents water getting inside that recess with some overlap...

I've ridden my wheels in the rain, and left them outside commuting on days that had noon time showers.  The rubber grommet seems to protect the charge ports quite well from what I've seen and the stock handle doesn't help it at all.  I do have some charger connectors and have considered making it more easily accessible from the front or back somehow, like I did putting live DC between my balls on the S22.  :D lol. 

{+} I did have to replace that display driver board after it snowed on the display.  It worked after I got home and warmed it up but only seemed to work over 30, 40, then 50, 60, then never degrees F after that.  eWheels sent me a replacement that fixed it (after removing the whole motherboard assembly to get to it). 

Edited by Elliott Reitz

2 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

The rubber grommet seems to protect the charge ports quite well from what I've seen and the stock handle doesn't help it at all. 

Oh yes, I didn't mean that I wanted the handle there for protection from water - but I do still need to stop water accumulating in the recess that surrounds them.

TBH, as the rubber thing is just a cover that rests atop the ports, there is still a big worry about water collecting in the recess, and making its way down the sides of the charge ports right into the BMS. If you are not doing anything about that I suggest you do, and ideally before you next ride in rain...

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Oh yes, I didn't mean that I wanted the handle there for protection from water - but I do still need to stop water accumulating in the recess that surrounds them.

TBH, as the rubber thing is just a cover that rests atop the ports, there is still a big worry about water collecting in the recess, and making its way down the sides of the charge ports right into the BMS. If you are not doing anything about that I suggest you do, and ideally before you next ride in rain...

I don't know of anyone having a problem and I've sprayed mud off the top of my wheel after riding in the mud with it.   I did try to keep the water spray aimed downward rather than up along the wires into the inner parts.  But top-down water was / is no problem.  Further, if I did have a problem I would just beg eWheels for a new controller.  Thanks to eWheels my S22 is working as well even though Alien Rides hasn't been able to get a controller for it since it failed last September (eWheels sold me a spare so I'm on 4th S22 controller now).  Its nice having the S22 as a backup commuter wheel to the Mater too.  So far I've done 42 on the S22 and 43 on the Master so springtime there is no doubt the Master is the commute wheel and the S22 is the trail wheel.  

3 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I don't know of anyone having a problem

Neither confirmed, but both sudden cut-outs possibly caused by water in BMS... that and the design of that recessed tray it is enough to make me want to cover it in any amount of rain...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Neither confirmed, but both sudden cut-outs possibly caused by water in BMS... that and the design of that recessed tray it is enough to make me want to cover it in any amount of rain...

Yea I feel bad for him.  I doubt it was a charger-port-water problem.  Sad it cut out on him.  

I still doubt the BMS jack is 'the problem'.  But maybe still water somehow getting into his controller.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz

49 minutes ago, Aztek said:

This things are not suitable for riding in the snow and rain... Sorry.

True. But I do it anyway. Especially snow as we have snow more or less 4-5 months a year. So what else to do?
Main roads only for 3 months ;)

Hello everyone, 

I'm wanting to set up the master to be a good city wheel. I just ordered one and also ordered these accessories: 

• Grizzla Bumpers and fairings
  • Torque Pads
  • Kuba Links
  • RockShox Monarch RT3 (200x57)

Anything else you'd add? 

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

City xtra tyre or similar, visible brake light, better charge port cover, waterproof rucksack cover, silicone seal motor.

Im going to stick with the stock tire for a bit and I have guardian angels for lights. But what better battery cover and what silicone seal motor mods do you recommend? 

Zen Lee had two cut outs on his Master recently. He thought it was his hall sensor coming loose or wires to the harness loosened after he removed it but it doesn't seem to be the case.

He doesn't trust his batteries, control board or motor, so he is scrapping it all and keeping just the pedals and fairings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Zen Lee had two cut outs on his Master recently. He thought it was his hall sensor coming loose or wires to the harness loosened after he removed it but it doesn't seem to be the case.

He doesn't trust his batteries, control board or motor, so he is scrapping it all and keeping just the pedals and fairings.

Can you link where he talks about it?