Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

19 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah I reckon many people have that problem in the post, or here already and don't yet know it. It is in a place that is all but impossible to see any part of without full and complete disassembly of the machine ! But yeah, agree it is unlikely to have been caused by a gentle side-over, though it happened to Rawnie and his suspension, despite his exceptionally careful riding and stairs avoidance ! So can't be ruled out.

I'm just curious why it happened in the first place, what got it misaligned, I have no idea, just noticed it was stiff one day.

1 hour ago, trailless said:

I dropped the wheel while trolleying it, I clipped the edge of some stairs. Well I guess the trolley handle hit something and now its hard to put down and I have to pull rather hard for it to come up.

Not unusual event.

Perhaps remove the trolley assembly.

A visual inspection will likely identify where the bend is.

Could then place in a vice, tighten, to straighten out.

Or simply purchase a new trolley assembly and replace.

7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Helpful instructions via Speedyfeet for how to:

A) replace low voltage satellite board

b) replace Charge board

Also this PDF.

Notes on installing Master LCD driver.pdf 188.01 kB · 2 downloads

As I wrote in the other thread I wouldn't bend the caps like this.. just unscrewing the motherboard and angling it a little bit upward near the charge board was enough to swap the charge board.

Well, I had a fairly horrible time upgrading my Master to 'V3'. Satellite board went straight in there no problem, but charge board but was a right royal pain in the arse !

Begode had unhelpfully gunked the allen sockets in 2 out of 3 of the hex bolts holding it down, making getting those out a slow, painful and gradual process.

Then tried to loosen my motherboard screws, but that was stuck down hard to the base by other means, and I didn't want to disconnect everything going to it so I tried to extract the old board around it, which took some time because of those massive capacitors being in the way, and squeeze the new one into the space.

Got it stuck several times, but patient finagling won the day in the end, and eventually it went in, and seated OK. Damn awkward to get to those battery connectors with fingers - you almost have to do it by wiggling on the wires - I did not enjoy this process !

And I thought I had done it wrong when I didn't get any pop at all when I reconnected MB to charge board. But, no, she powered on fine, and balanced, my display and lights worked at -2 degrees C, and she is charging now, with no immediate signs of the magic smoke, so I think that went OK. 

Here's the bottom of the old board...

image.png.0d27f064deab471e223e965b4d24c8f1.png

versus the bottom the new one...

image.png.fb85861145a4a700e04cc9821397e7b9.png

Looks like we have slightly better soldering (except maybe that one pad above the top right brass spacer), and conformal coating everywhere on the new board, as opposed to just the battery connectors on the old one, and considerably more complex / populated layout.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 5:45 PM, Kingsong Russia said:

This looks exactly like V2 mobo I blow up on my Master, the new one I have got a lot of (capacitor?) instead of 2 big ones like in the picture. I think mine should be new one V3 or V4. Seen pic here before.

9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

That probably motherboard revision no. 5, here are the other 4, credits Alien Rides:

Master_Electronics.thumb.jpg.d68877fa5b2ca8463ff8ba4b2e1889ca.jpg

Master_Electronics_2.thumb.jpg.fc749b83119b4ccc676117e146036ae9.jpg

Holy Mother Of EUC. That made my brain hurt. :D (Little.)

If they can't make one final version not 5 different things.. No wonder wheels doesn't work as they need to. Mismatching things only can make more problems.

• Like 1

Anyone happen to find somewhere to buy replacement bushings and know exact dimensions? I know various bushings like it exists on AliExpress but don't feel like dismantling my wheel again and just want to buy some spares. 😁

32 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Anyone happen to find somewhere to buy replacement bushings and know exact dimensions? I know various bushings like it exists on AliExpress but don't feel like dismantling my wheel again and just want to buy some spares. 😁

to what bushings are you referring ? sliders ?

On 1/26/2023 at 5:19 PM, trailless said:

I think I remember it being 10amps. 

Yes it is happy with 10 amps, and I think I read that was the max too.

Of course rather better for the battery to do it at half that though if you don't need the speedy charges...

Edited by Cerbera

On 1/24/2023 at 2:12 PM, Rawnei said:

That probably motherboard revision no. 5, here are the other 4, credits Alien Rides:

Master_Electronics.thumb.jpg.d68877fa5b2ca8463ff8ba4b2e1889ca.jpg

Master_Electronics_2.thumb.jpg.fc749b83119b4ccc676117e146036ae9.jpg

So there's at least 2 more revisions not shown here. A friend of mine has one with 4 capacitors, and another that I'm repairing got a replacement sent that has 5 capacitors.

received_2035169766676646.jpeg

20230131_180411.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spitfire1337 said:

So there's at least 2 more revisions not shown here. A friend of mine has one with 4 capacitors, and another that I'm repairing got a replacement sent that has 5 capacitors

GodMod on board!!!:D

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, spitfire1337 said:

So there's at least 2 more revisions not shown here. A friend of mine has one with 4 capacitors, and another that I'm repairing got a replacement sent that has 5 capacitors.

received_2035169766676646.jpeg

20230131_180411.jpg

Wow ok, makes one wonder why there's 7 revisions to begin with, like the latest charge board (c4) it's strongly recommended to swap to that one as the previous one causes problems with battery pack balancing, what problems does the previous 6 motherboards have? 🥴😧

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow, that's a lot of revisions to STILL be making all this time later... I wonder what they are trying to fix with the ever-increasing amount of capacitors ?

Anyway, quick diversion for another 1000 mile review, this time courtesy of Cameron Massie...

Wonder which mainboard he has ?! He didn't mention swapping out the charge port board either...

Edited by Cerbera

23 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Wow ok, makes one wonder why there's 7 revisions to begin with, like the latest charge board (c4) it's strongly recommended to swap to that one as the previous one causes problems with battery pack balancing, what problems does the previous 6 motherboards have? 🥴😧

To make matters worse they keep changing the mounting pattern too. This one I was repairing the original controller/screen went together and mounted to the chassis like a sandwich. This new one has 4 mounting holes in completely different positions and had no way for me to mount the screen since the previous one had standoffs coming off the controller that mounted it. I was able to make it work by drilling/tapping new mounts to the chassis and partially disassemble the new controller "sandwich", use some shorter screws and nylon spacers to make my own standoffs for the screen. Was a lot of unnecessary work for a controller swap.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Wonder which mainboard he has ?! He didn't mention swapping out the charge port board either...

Jason is saying that Masters from eWheels with Litech BMS (which is what Cameron has) don’t need the charge port board. 

• Thanks 1