Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

I have had my Master for nearly 3 weeks of ridable time now, and today was the first day I properly felt 'as one' with it. Things that seemed beyond possible a week ago are now happening regularly, and going back to the old boots made a world of difference - such a difference that I think I am going to sell the Leatt GPX's and get something more like a new version of my current touring MC boots, which are loads lighter and more flexible (and a shit load cheaper at 1/3 the price), and only slightly less in the protection department...

image.png.996f9310cc106460745e4c43be2557a9.png

But anyway, after an initial hump, and some bearing problems I finally have that machine working as I would like, and all that waiting on pre-order and technical difficulty has been so totally worth it :) Speedyfeet kindly sent me the tiny satellite board to fix my display problem too, though I haven't fitted it yet. It didn't come with instructions, as I suspected it wouldn't...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Funnily enough I have also come across this issue, or at least one very closely related to it as I try to improve the resilience of my own plastic boxes.

I ordered custom kickplate panels to stick on the inside of those, but so far it is problematic to attach them because of a slight bulge in the packs towards their centres (not puffing batteries or anything, just regular, subtle deformation the plastic), which makes it very hard to attach a flat metal thing to, and I worry about one side coming free during riding, to potentially disastrous effect...

Once again we see that Begode DO listen eventually, which is encouraging, but of course while I'm pleased their cases are being made of metal from now on it is hard not to lament the fact they didn't come to that conclusion at the design stage of our models !

the bulge is the bms and can be "fixed" by cutting holes in the padding and taking the pad off the backside and putting on the bms side

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, goatman said:

the bulge is the bms and can be "fixed" by cutting holes in the padding and taking the pad off the backside and putting on the bms side

That's worrisome... harkens back to OG Sherman's bt lou issue. Hitting or squashing anything inside the battery box is something to be avoided.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

This!! Can you blame Begode though? The EX20S was a sales flop and gave the people pretty much what they asked for (metal frame, beefy metal battery boxes, thick sliders) so they shaved $800-900 off the price and came out with the Master, yet people are now complaining about poor build materials and quality. You can’t have it both ways folks. 

Seems they’re trying again with the EX30, but something tells me it will also flop. 

There are many factors to consider, for example the batteries are part of the structural integrity of the wheel on all the new wheels they make thus the boxes themselves have to be made in such a way that they are strong and tough enough to withstand the stress, Begode designed the wheel this way and I don't think it's fair to blame riders for their choice of weak materials in combination with the design.

• Like 1

DISPLAY ISSUE.

FIX. New electronic card from Begode. Tested today. Works. And they removed the blinking front light?😉🤪🤪

https://instagram.com/stories/euczero/2971517609909945104?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

DISPLAY ISSUE.

FIX. New electronic card from Begode. Tested today. Works. And they removed the blinking front light?😉🤪🤪

https://instagram.com/stories/euczero/2971517609909945104?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

What do you mean "removed the blinking front light"?

21 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

There are many factors to consider, for example the batteries are part of the structural integrity of the wheel on all the new wheels they make thus the boxes themselves have to be made in such a way that they are strong and tough enough to withstand the stress, Begode designed the wheel this way and I don't think it's fair to blame riders for their choice of weak materials in combination with the design.

Like I said, they designed a sturdy durable wheel, the market didn’t buy it. The master is built to a price; if it was built like the EX20S was, it would cost a lot more. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Like I said, they designed a sturdy durable wheel, the market didn’t buy it. The master is built to a price; if it was built like the EX20S was, it would cost a lot more. 

Feels like you are picking cherries here, MSP, RS and Nikola design is sturdy and durable without being made of metal, also they could do parts of the new design in sturdier metals don't have to do everything in it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Feels like you are picking cherries here, MSP, RS and Nikola design is sturdy and durable without being made of metal, also they could do parts of the new design in sturdier metals don't have to do everything in it.

MSP / RS is durable? I own an MSX, and rest assured without bumpers it sure as hell ain’t durable. These wheels also don’t have 3600+ Wh of battery in them or a suspension to contend with. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Kim said:

MSP / RS is durable? I own an MSX, and rest assured without bumpers it sure as hell ain’t durable. These wheels also don’t have 3600+ Wh of battery in them or a suspension to contend with. 

Actually, I believe, the Master, with plates on the sides and front and back bumpers, is strong enough and the battery packs are safe.

It is just so fragile without costly modifications.

Anyways, it is, what it is.

43 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

MSX out of box is more durable than Master out of box.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

What do you mean "removed the blinking front light"?

It will not blink any more. Press powerbutton to turn on, turn off, or strobe...

(Or is it Freestyler FW that did this change?)

51 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

It will not blink any more. Press powerbutton to turn on, turn off, or strobe...

(Or is it Freestyler FW that did this change?)

What's the difference between the blinking light vs strobe?

Quick question: (Sorry if I missed the answer elsewhere). Anyone know why my EUC World reports system temperature as being 37 C while the on screen display says 29 C ?

Edited by Cerbera

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Anyone know why my EUC World reports system temperature as being 37 C while the on screen display says 29 C

One or both are lying. (I have no idea and am not being helpful, going out to ride now...)

6 hours ago, Grimm10 said:

What's the difference between the blinking light vs strobe?

Hehehe  blinking =strobe

I do not have it anymore on my wheel. Either the new electronic,  or maybe the Freestyler FW I installed a few days ago. Maybe I did not notice then.

27 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

Hehehe  blinking =strobe

I do not have it anymore on my wheel. Either the new electronic,  or maybe the Freestyler FW I installed a few days ago. Maybe I did not notice then.

I believe it's the custom firmware removing it, @Freestyler correct me if I'm wrong, the light will strobe when you trigger PWM alert that's probably why.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I believe it's the custom firmware removing it, @Freestyler correct me if I'm wrong, the light will strobe when you trigger PWM alert that's probably why.

Exactly. Strobe mode is reserved for the PWM tiltback feature.

You can temporarily disable PWM tiltback and then you should be able to switch to strobe mode.

Edited by Freestyler

I also got new suspension yesterday. And... mjau.... finally I can enjoy the wheel and not justa pogo stick.

But. I want to open the old suspension to have a look. I managed to unscrew the cylinder,  but I can not pull it apart. Even with the air valve unscrewed to let in air. Anyone know??

38 minutes ago, EUCzero said:

I also got new suspension yesterday. And... mjau.... finally I can enjoy the wheel and not justa pogo stick.

But. I want to open the old suspension to have a look. I managed to unscrew the cylinder,  but I can not pull it apart. Even with the air valve unscrewed to let in air. Anyone know??

Try hitting it with a hammer 🤪😵💫