Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

onkeldanuel

On 5/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, Cerbera said:

Suspension upgrade ring pack available (UK initially) !!

Just ordered a set of these from e-rides, and thought I should let everyone else know given the recent cases of suspension problems...

I have the latest Master version with the new more accurate fitting Begode bushings that no longer rattle. The 4 small grub screws that previously pressed the bushings oval to adjust the play of these bearings in the worst way are now superfluous. 

Unfortunately the result is exactly what Ronnie says, now the whole suspension jams even more due to poor dimensional accuracy. 

I was also not a fan of the workaround of loosening the top bolts in the frame.

I got it with 0.3 mm shims on both sides in the upper frame so far that it no longer clamps.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh that's disappointing. I am not having suspension problems at the moment, but thought I'd grab a set as spares if they are the sort of thing that wears with time.

So I won't fit mine until the current ones develop an issue, and will report back if I do...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 4:39 AM, mrelwood said:

Ah, sorry! I thought we were talking about a thermal pad between the mosfets and the heatsink.

Don't want to derail the thread, but I wasn't aware that this would be a problem. Any idea why? I can't imagine why the drains can't be linked. I assumed that the reason pads were used was simply to assist mass production.

5 hours ago, Planemo said:

I can't imagine why the drains can't be linked.

Here we have one phase of the circuit board on a (12-mosfet) V11 controller:

IMG_4943.thumb.jpeg.209810d0fd1f56bd3dff3c49e2ba6c6c.jpeg

The motor output of the phase is connected to the drain on two mosfets, and to source on the other two. So screwing the mosfets directly to the heat sink without electrical insulation would short all output phases together.

• Like 1

My Master mileage is glitching:

giphy.gif

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It happens every 20 seconds or so. Worth noting that one this Master decided to fully reset its settings and mileage after I dropped it on its side, not sure if this is somehow related.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:36 PM, mrelwood said:

Here we have one phase of the circuit board on a (12-mosfet) V11 controller:

IMG_4943.thumb.jpeg.209810d0fd1f56bd3dff3c49e2ba6c6c.jpeg

The motor output of the phase is connected to the drain on two mosfets, and to source on the other two. So screwing the mosfets directly to the heat sink without electrical insulation would short all output phases together.

I'm struggling to see whats going on in the pic, but given the drain pin is conductively linked to the FET case bolt, it seems hella risky to use a compressible (and very thin when clamped) insulation in such a high current situation. I mean, you wouldn't want to screw the bolt down so much that you split the insulation right?! Or what if the pad just perishes through age? Just seems sketchy...?!

1 hour ago, Giorgi said:

giphy.gif

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It happens every 20 seconds or so. Worth noting that one this Master decided to fully reset its settings and mileage after I dropped it on its side, not sure if this is somehow related.

My Master also reset milage out of nowhere. I do not know how or when, but one day it was 0km.

2 hours ago, Giorgi said:

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Looks like miles/km going back and forth, at least pretty close, figures are a tiny bit off but who knows what weird conversions and rounding they got going on under the hood.

7 hours ago, Planemo said:

I'm struggling to see whats going on in the pic

IMG_4943.jpeg.3d7c5e377790a89f8544a538814fb76a.jpeg
On the two mosfets on the right, the rightmost pin is connected to the output. On the two on the left, the middle pin is connected to the same output. This just means that the drains (rightmost pins) of all mosfets can’t be connected directly to the heat sink.

7 hours ago, Planemo said:

but given the drain pin is conductively linked to the FET case bolt, it seems hella risky to use a compressible (and very thin when clamped) insulation in such a high current situation.

It’s a common method for electrically insulating mosfets from the heat sink, nothing wrong with it. The pads are designed for that exact use, and they don’t perish with time. But the washers/separators on the mosfet bolts are easily cracked if tightened too far, so assembling the system does require some level of knowledge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Giorgi said:

giphy.gif

The numbers seem to match with mi<>km

9 hours ago, EUCzero said:

My Master also reset milage out of nowhere. I do not know how or when, but one day it was 0km.

All newer boards show nulled values if the motor is disengaged from power on, once you balance the wheel everything will load on screen + app

11 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Mine has the locked at 999.9 miles thing

Firmware update solves this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

On the two mosfets on the right...

Ah cheers I can see it now! I only questioned this because I am sure I have seen mosfets used on motor controllers with all the drains linked via paste only?! Maybe its just an EUC thing (possibly because of the braking needed too). Thanks

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

Ah cheers I can see it now! I only questioned this because I am sure I have seen mosfets used on motor controllers with all the drains linked via paste only?! Maybe its just an EUC thing (possibly because of the braking needed too). Thanks

Or maybe it was a 6 mosfet controller? Not sure if it’s any different in this regard, but might be.

9 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

All newer boards show nulled values if the motor is disengaged from power on, once you balance the wheel everything will load on screen + app

I have heard this but that's not quite what happened. The mileage was lost permanently, it never came back. On top of that every other wheel setting reset itself too - The default speed limit, speed alarms, etc.

Anyways thanks for pointing out that this seems like a mile/km conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally: New firmware for plat pedals while jumping

As a consequence of the new Extreme firmware, Begode now also released a new Master firmware, that gives flatter pedals while off roading and jumps.
I still get some dipping forward on long circle curves like roundabouts, but when jumping.... IT IS NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!

V1 Master has not got it yet, but all other have. Recommended.

You have to find the FW no you already have to install a new one. The 6 first digits tell with FW works for you Master
My old was GW2014X003 so I had to find the newest starting with GW2014.   and I found GW2014905
The "no pedal dip" are the ones that end with 05

PS.... It is NOT marked with the text "No pedal dip" on all. Just find the ones that end with 05.

So. How to find your FW no.
I used EUCworld and under wheel meny and firmware update I found it.
In the Begode app you will find it if you "try" any firmware first. Then on the page where you would start the upgrade (after you choose any of them) you can read the FW already installed. Not it, and go pack to the previous page to find the FW you really want to install.

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Scroll down a lot. On my Begode app it was mot listed by date. I found it waaaay down on the list.

And now its GONE!!!
I can not find it anymore. I was just looking at it a few hours ago?!?!?! And I have it installed.

Ohh Found it.... Puh no 14 from the bottom. or 30 from the top.....  there I found for my wheel 2014905. :):):) 
PS.... It is NOT marked with the text "No pedal dip" on all of them. But it is no pedal dip anyway. 

-The picture below say 904...... but I installed 905. 
hmm Will test 904 as well.

This is what Begode sent me:

----

Please follow the picture to find your firmware version
Except for the last digit, the preceding ones should be the same

Currently, the master v1 has not been updated

received_1075023773461699.jpeg

Edited by EUCzero

5 hours ago, EUCzero said:

And now its GONE!!!
I can not find it anymore. I was just looking at it a few hours ago?!?!?! And I have it installed.

Ohh Found it.... Puh no 14 from the bottom. or 30 from the top.....  there I found for my wheel 2014905. :):):) 
PS.... It is NOT marked with the text "No pedal dip" on all of them. But it is no pedal dip anyway. 

2014905 is not the same family of 2014804

2014905 is the update of 2014904 (if it exist)
i don't see an update of 2014804 atm, probably will come later

It is gone again....

And I just downgraded to check for differences in the ride feel, and now 905 is gone so I can not upgrade back up. Hahahaha.

I am SO STUPID!!!!!!

Well I guess it will be back within a few days. I will let them (Begode) do their work in piece for a few days before nagging them again. 

Edited by EUCzero
  • Upvote 1

On 7/4/2023 at 8:20 PM, EUCzero said:

Scroll down a lot. On my Begode app it was mot listed by date. I found it waaaay down on the list.

And now its GONE!!!

-The picture below say 904...... but I installed 905. 
hmm Will test 904 as well.

This is what Begode sent me:

----

Please follow the picture to find your firmware version
Except for the last digit, the preceding ones should be the same

Currently, the master v1 has not been updated

received_1075023773461699.jpeg

I just updated my Master V2.3 from GW2014802 to GW2014804 Will be test riding later today.... Not sure if this update is race Mode though.... Thanx 4 da info i appreciate it.

• Like 1

I do not think it is.
Begode wrote today it is a big postponed. They are working on a new app as well. They need a few more days they wrote.

47 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Confused on how to identify the Master versions.
Can someone explain the differences between all three versions please

There are more versions now and more changes besides electronics but here is a small sample enjoy:

Master_Electronics_2.jpg.4958ef8b6c5ee51b7e1ca6aa5f97ce1a.thumb.jpg.58fa77cde1e3c6f7759e50932e278c0e.jpg

Master_Electronics.thumb.jpg.dcf17286898f9c11d8846096d4e0ed0a.jpg.b0793f8859984e4100eb2ce3d80c33f2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we look away from the electronics and only care for major changes:

• First: 4 battery packs in series. Each battery pack aprox 33 Volt. (V1)
  • Next : Battery packs in two pairs. So two in series two in parallell. Each pack 67 Volt. (V2 - V3 ?)
  • Last: New suspension linkage and metal battery cases. (V4?)

Motherboards, charge boards and other electronics have changed many times in between these major changes.

Edited by EUCzero
  • Upvote 2