Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

On 12/31/2023 at 6:30 AM, EUCzero said:

How many amps do you try charging it with?
Master is supposed to have max 8-10amps allowed. It might cut If you try more than that. Be carful gouing higher. I fuse might as well pop. And they need to be re-soldered.

On 1/1/2024 at 7:41 AM, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Are you sure, I thought Master has a 3A limit per battery pack. 4x3A = 12A.

Never tried, because my damn charger has just 7.8A, but I'm still looking for a lightweight 12A charger. 

So I ended up resolving this. The V4 master charge controller only connects the batteries if the charger matches the battery voltage. It won't connect eg. 134v, the charger first needs to match the battery voltage before it connects.

It also has a current limiter around 13a iirc - so if the current is too high it also cuts off.

I resolved both issues by setting my charger to 0 current (voltage cuts off to 0), then slowly turning current back up to the desired level. This causes the voltage to again rise steadily, "catching" the battery voltage and getting the charge controller to connect. Then I set the current to about 12A, and get a respectable ~2hr fast charge from empty (~1.5hr including only the fastest charging portion, really)

On 12/31/2023 at 9:41 PM, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Are you sure, I thought Master has a 3A limit per battery pack. 4x3A = 12A.

Never tried, because my damn charger has just 7.8A, but I'm still looking for a lightweight 12A charger. 

There is a limiter in the charge board. The limit has apperently been set to different values on different boards. I guess 12A can be possible,

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 12:11 PM, Bizra6ot said:

@UusB Võtke ühendust, oma poes näitab ta Masterile vaid -50 langust, kuid ta saab teha ka kohandatud osi  https://houeuc.com/product/master-,pedal-drop-post-50mm/

It is possible that I am not well informed, but the EX30 30mm lowering series sold there seems very similar. Is it not installable on the Master?

https://houeuc.com/product/ex30,pedal-drop-post-30mm/

Edited by Raptor

53 minutes ago, Raptor said:

It is possible that I am not well informed, but the EX30 30mm lowering series sold there seems very similar. Is it not installable on the Master?

https://houeuc.com/product/ex30,pedal-drop-post-30mm/

I would guess not, as the same place does a different one for the Master ! Seems a bit steep on the £££ but even so I am considering getting a pair myself... as much as I have got used to and quite like being so high up, the wind over here is playing merry hell with my high CoG, and this might just sort that out...

Edited by Cerbera

15 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

wind over here is playing merry hell with my high CoG, and this might just sort that out...

I can guarantee that this will solve this problem and lot of others. 30mm lower was a difference like night and day on my Master. Now I no longer have any problems riding seated in strong crosswinds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Seems a bit steep on the £££ 

Yes, I paid 200€ include shipping + 38€ import tax (from EUCYOU) , but after the first ride I was so happy with my Master (I wasn't happy before and thought about selling it straight away after few hundred kilometers) and fully worth the money. 

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I can guarantee that this will solve this problem and lot of others. 30mm lower was a difference like night and day on my Master. Now I no longer have any problems riding seated in strong crosswinds. 

2 questions if I may...

1. Were yours easy to fit - do we have to disassemble the machine much to get to them ?

2. I am surprised this makes much if ANY difference to seated riding in wind; isn't your CoG as low as it can get when seated, to the point where pedal height isn't making a difference ? I was expecting it to make a big difference to standing rides, but thought seated riding might be largely unchanged. Interesting !

Oh, and if yours are 3cm lower, do you think the extra 2 here will further improve the situation, or do you reckon 5 cm is a bit much to drop ? I'd hate to spend £150+ only to replace wind problems with pedal-scraping ones !

Edited by Cerbera

15 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Appreciate that feedback, as I'm considering -30mm for my EX30. I didn't even think about the benefit of more comfortable seating, that would be a well received side benefit as even though the EX isn't a small wheel, with me at 186cm and my 50 year old knees I could do with all the help I can get!

I was thinking the same thing. An improvement in seated riding was not even on my wish list and I was so surprised that this problem was also a thing of the past that I would have paid €500 for it.

I was hoping to get close to the riding behaviour of my MSP, better cornering, especially more stability in fast aggressive cornering, better acceleration, better braking, better uphill riding and more stability in strong crosswinds (standing)

All my wishes were fulfilled and on top of that there was more stability in crosswinds when seated and generally a better sitting position thanks to 3 cm more distance between pedal and seat.

Assembly was relatively simple. As far as I remember only the pedals off and pedal hanger screws. I'm not sure if I had to loosen the 8 lower screws of the battery boxes, but I don't think so. 

I had also thought back and forth for a long time about whether 30 or 45 (EUCYOU only has 30, 45 or 60mm). But I didn't want to get to the same height or even lower than my MSP pedals when the Master is fully compressed. I mainly ride offroad and have to say that 30mm is the perfect compromise for the lost ground clearance and all the benefits, I'm glad I didn't go for the 45mm. 30mm and your Master is perfect. 45, 50 or even 60mm might be good for street riding if you can sacrifice ground clearance and low lean angle in corners in favour of even more stability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Appreciate that feedback, as I'm considering -30mm for my EX30. I didn't even think about the benefit of more comfortable seating, that would be a well received side benefit as even though the EX isn't a small wheel, with me at 186cm and my 50 year old knees I could do with all the help I can get!

I'm 54 and 183cm with shitty knees and ankles. But with the lower pedal hangers and a 30/40mm Seat booster it is very easy and comfortable to sit on the Master. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, this has all been most illuminating ! I DO mainly do street rides, really very few steep kerbs, steps, and only occasional off-roading. Sounds like I should give 5 cm a go !

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I was hoping to get close to the riding behaviour of my MSP

Sounds like you and I have a similar history. Before the Master arrived I had had 4 years on my MSV3 and felt blissfully confident that I had mastered riding that machine, meaning the Master came as big shock to me with its utterly different ride feel, and distinctively non-planted, tippy feeling, which I found a real contrast to the MS3.

A year later I am used to it now, and don't generally have problems getting about with similar levels of confidence but maaaan, do I have to slow right down to remain stable in really ANY level of wind, and even with this much time I still don't quite get the 'planted' and 'organic leg extension' feel I had from the smaller wheel. I think I am talking myself round to finding the order button ! Oh, there isn't one - we have to email. Nope - not even that - only telegram, which is annoying - I don't have, or want that !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

I rode my MSP 3 years, because I knew that all those new wheels with high COG and high pedals will come with lot of downsides, but my ankles couldn't accept offroad anymore and suspension was the only way to go. 😅

Yes, EUCYOU is only on Instagram or Telegram. But be careful, there is a fake account called EUC_YOU and Instagram does nothing to close the account. 

This is the right guy: https://www.instagram.com/eucyou/

I can ask him if he has a e-mail address for you? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

can ask him if he has a e-mail address for you? 

That would be most helpful ! I try not to do instagram either  #TooMuchMedia :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1

And if he doesn't want his email going public, I'd appreciate a PM with it too if you manage to get it! I don't do IG, Telegram or anything else either. Ideally he would have the ability to just purchase off his website, hopefully he will go that way if business peps up. I truly hope so, his does some real nice CNC stuff and I love CNC stuff :)

On 7/22/2023 at 4:56 AM, Salihdkn said:

so it would even be 42kgs  including everything that's a bit heavy :wacko:

The official spec sheet for V4 states the weight is 43kg, due to all the upgrades including using EX30 upper body frame, metal battery boxes etc;

7 hours ago, leeks said:

The official spec sheet for V4 states the weight is 43kg, due to all the upgrades including using EX30 upper body frame, metal battery boxes etc;

Where did you read that? Are you sure you are looking at net weight?

Having a Master V4 on hand, I can confirm it's between 41 and 42kg, within the accuracy of a bathroom scale. It's definitely on the chunky side. My scale could of course be off and it's actually 43kg..

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Panzer04 said:

Having a Master V4 on hand, I can confirm it's between 41 and 42kg, within the accuracy of a bathroom scale. It's definitely on the chunky side. My scale could of course be off and it's actually 43kg..

Wow, that's really heavy for what it is, didn't expect that.

2 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Wow, that's really heavy for what it is, didn't expect that.

Yeah, It's heavier than I'd hoped when I got it. I'll have to try out an older master when I get the chance and see how noticeable the difference is. It's my first heavy wheel, I'm looking forward to trying out other wheels now and seeing the difference. It certainly makes the 16X feel like a toy in comparison in terms of how easy it is to maneuver and throw around - Master is a truck with 2-3x the turning radius by comparison. (bearing in mind I'm fairly competent at getting the 16x to turn pretty sharply nowadays - talking <1m turning radius vs 2-3m)

• Like 1

I think my Master v2.4 is about 40kg with pads and all (fairings as well), so 43 is to be expected I guess. Metal battery cases V.S. super flimsy plastic shit I have on mine.

23 minutes ago, EMA said:

someone has already put a v4 on a real scale?

43kg is a lot to me

Here:

• Thanks 1