Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, lazybones99 said:

Why stop there? Augmented Reality goggles/helmet shield with indicators, current speed and battery level. We are living in the future :D 

Get a brain implant for virtual reality. No need to buy euc, that can burn down your house. No need to leave the house at all. May get a brain damage.. Same as falling at high speed.

Ahh Duck.. I went to far into future. :efee8c29ce:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

So much so that I backed a kickstarter (bangle.js) to get a watch that would run @enaon's standalone app... I can do javascript so I want to be able to make a screen that has no characters on it, just colors (more likely colors and changing symbols). The primary purpose will be to communicate operating conditions without my eyes having to be able to focus on a display. I want to mount the watch at spot where the common helmet mirror (the one Marty uses) attaches to the helmet... optically a good distance from my eye. This mount point is within my rear-field-of-view that I try to check religiously but it's not especially readable because it's a little too far away.

If I can find a good symbolic representation (and the problems associated with a transreflective display can be addressed), I'd actually like to try mounting the watch inside my moto helmet. Obviously it'd be better to have active illumination inside the helmet, but then we're talking batteries and receivers etc.

I don't really need to know exact speed, but I want a visual indicator. It's not so much an alert as it is situational awareness. I don't need to know that I'm going 23 kph and not 21 kph, but I'd like to have an idea of my overall power situation at a glance... "this is not a good time to cut loose and pass that guy". Ideally it'd be configurable for other things too, but most likely two or three measures at a time. Speed bar, safety margin bar, small battery bar. My wheels don't have cooling issues so I'm not as concerned with that, but if I was a cooling bar could be useful.

Getting cheap phone and velcroing it on wheel. Will give all info you need. xD (Helps if it's waterproof) At one point i was thinking of doing that, with my old phone.

Or arm band wallet for a phone.. If you want it on your arm..

Edited by Funky

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

Getting cheap phone and velcroing it on wheel.

Got one, haven't attached it to the wheel. It's not cool enough! (this is as much an "I wonder if I could..." exercise as it is a practical one).

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, supercurio said:

@Funky @The Brahan Seer @Tawpie

Example use cases:

• respecting legal speed limits: fairly difficult when you don't know what speed you're riding at to begin with

LOL who seriously respects legal speed limits anywhere  - be it road, footpaths or cycle ways?   I ride to the conditions and never give even a passing thought to legal limits.  There is virtually zero enforcement of speed limits in NZ for cars let alone EUCS. 

• Like 2

I’ve heard observations that the shell opening on the S20 has a lot of side clearance so it SHOULD accept a wider range of tires than other EUC’s… but after watching Speedy Feet’s review, I wonder if the mud guard has some side wrap that will override and negate the shell’s extra side clearance.

Any thoughts on this?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billroberson/2021/11/15/tech-review-eyelights-eyeride-motorcycle-helmet-head-up-display-system/?sh=312be0d466d4

Tech Review: EyeLights’ EyeRide Motorcycle Helmet Head Up Display System

Nov 15, 2021

A helmet-mounted Head Up Display (HUD) system that showed navigation maps, handled phone ops, shot video, and so on, all in a smallish device that popped on and off the front of my helmet.

EyeLights - EyeRide Promotional Video

Apr 4, 2020

• Like 2

I got to try out the wheel brought by RevRides at a demo in SoCal. 

It's a fat wheel and a bit awkward at first because of that. I'm not sure if I like the stock power pads, but it wasn't moved around to my preference since it was a demo wheel. The wheel acceleration is very smooth.  There was a clicking motor cover noise due to previous demo abuse causing it to be slightly loose. I watched a rider take it up a very steep hill side and it made it up without a groan from the motor. It was very impressive. 

The tire takes some getting used to due to the wide tire profile. It is broad and less round, but it didn't affect turn too much. Personally I would prefer a rounder tire like a h666. 

I wish I gave it a lift to feel the weight. My wheels stay in my car and if I have to lift out  ~77lbs all the time, it probably will suck. I still think I want one in the future. I'm not a wheel jumper or distance rider, but using it as a commuting wheel,the suspension and power will be great. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

More cheapness. I guess we’ll be seeing s20 overhaul vids.

sigh.

The lower profile of button head screws means they don't get caught on as much stuff, but as with all things smooth and sexy, there are tradeoffs. Fortunately I have a good stash of stubby cap head replacements I got for my other KS wheels. Funny thing is, at retail the cap and button head screws are the same price.

I wish @Afeez Kay had included more disassembly so we could see how unpleasant servicing the tire will be. I'm guessing it's "coming soon", so looking forward to that.

Re the screws quality (lack of): did someone mention somewhere that the retail price was going to be going up? I may have got this wrong, but (like almost all other things) the quality doesn’t seem to be going up, talk about spoiling the ship for a ha’penny worth of tar! 

On a more positive note, if the aftermarket or redesigned OEM bumper mark 2 was made to protrude a bit more out forward, this might afford the flimsy light cage housings a bit more protection? Just a passing thought.

Edited by Freeforester

1 minute ago, Freeforester said:

Did someone mention that the retail price was going up?

Yep. KS announced an across the board price increase is coming soon. eWheels's pre-orders were at 3200USD, no word yet on what the new prices will be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

sigh.

The lower profile of button head screws means they don't get caught on as much stuff, but as with all things smooth and sexy, there are tradeoffs. Fortunately I have a good stash of stubby cap head replacements I got for my other KS wheels. Funny thing is, at retail the cap and button head screws are the same price.

I wish @Afeez Kay had included more disassembly so we could see how unpleasant servicing the tire will be. I'm guessing it's "coming soon", so looking forward to that.

Might some marine quality stainless screws not be available with 

a) domed heads

b) decent sized hex or other fit for purpose means of open and closure (the ks s 20 ones look like ‘use to assemble only’ types), and

c) be of Würth or similar type quality ( I know, the casing then might be the weak link!) 

Marine fixings tend to be designed to be snag free wherever this is a requirement.      Imv being literally ‘screwed’ on the quality of the fixings isnt too confidence inspiring toward the rest of the product, at least where a reasonable expectation of some value for money to be sunk/‘invested’ in the ‘cat’s meow’ is anticipated. Or is this something of a ‘Begode’ collaboration we don’t yet know about, lol?

KS seems to have found some heat proof threadlock? Yikes.

We’ve gone from self tapping screws in plastic bosses to self welding assemblies. Maybe too much improvement?

Not that I really expected it, but tire changes aren’t going to be any easier.

• Like 1