V11 cutouts

Mike B in Victoria

I’m trying to gather information on any V11 cutouts people have had, can you help, please read...

Collect Cutoff Case Process 1.SN number
2.Rider weight 
3. Describe riding performance before cut off
4. To check if the unicycle can be turn on after cut off,  and check if the wheel can be still move smoothly.
5.If the unicycle can trun on after cut off, upload the log through App firstly.

Your post implies that cutouts are common on the V11. They are not.

Also, anyone who wants to collect stats on cutouts first needs to consider how many V11's have been sold.  I troll the forums and chat rooms day and night and I can tell you I've only heard of 2-3 cutouts on the production models, and one was user error. When you factor in 1000+ wheels have been sold there is only one conclusion:  the V11 has been very safe.

(ps: if you really want this info the best way to get it is to just send an email to eWheels.com and ask Jason how many V11 cutouts he has heard of, eWheels keeps track of failure rates and can confirm the v11 is a very safe wheel).

Edited by Tryptych
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tryptych said:

How so? I'd say it's just a neutral request.

Another hint should be that he sells or is affiliated with an Inmotion seller 

So he most likely has no interest in making his products bad, but wants to offer his customer some "real facts" or just wants his decission to resell inmotion statisticly confirmed? Or whatever other reasoning he might have.

3 hours ago, Tryptych said:

ps: if you really want this info the best way to get it is to just send an email to eWheels.com and ask Jason how many V11 cutouts he has heard of, eWheels keeps track of failure rates and can confirm the v11 is a very safe wheel).

+1 - he published such statistics here from time to time. As ecodrift did. Or the stats were posted on his russion firum and reposted here?

13 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Also, anyone who wants to collect stats on cutouts first needs to consider how many V11's have been sold.  I troll the forums and chat rooms day and night and I can tell you I've only heard of 2-3 cutouts on the production models, and one was user error. When you factor in 1000+ wheels have been sold there is only one conclusion:  the V11 has been very safe.

(ps: if you really want this info the best way to get it is to just send an email to eWheels.com and ask Jason how many V11 cutouts he has heard of, eWheels keeps track of failure rates and can confirm the v11 is a very safe wheel).

No it doesn't imply that at all. He simply asked for info on cutouts. He specifically used the neutral language "on any cutouts" which implies he doesn't know if there are any at all lol. Otherwise he could have said "the many cutouts people have had" or "the frequent cutouts people have had".

Actually this is a case of Projection on your part...

On 1/5/2021 at 9:54 PM, Mike B in Victoria said:

I’m trying to gather information on any V11 cutouts people have had, can you help, please read...

2.Rider weight 
4. To check if the unicycle can be turn on after cut off,  and check if the wheel can be still move smoothly.
5.If the unicycle can trun on after cut off, upload the log through App firstly.

-I weigh 220

-Overlean from pushing it at top speed - cutout at 32mph. 

-Wheel was in the middle of warning but it doesn't beep it plays a file so I backed off but not enough. 

-Wheel did work and I hobbled it home

-Uploaded app to inmotion the posted the graph. 

-Sent back for repairs and good to go. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 12:48 AM, Chriull said:

How so? I'd say it's just a neutral request.

Another hint should be that he sells or is affiliated with an Inmotion seller 

So he most likely has no interest in making his products bad, but wants to offer his customer some "real facts" or just wants his decission to resell inmotion statisticly confirmed? Or whatever other reasoning he might have.

+1 - he published such statistics here from time to time. As ecodrift did. Or the stats were posted on his russion firum and reposted here?

It’s true I am a reseller of Inmotion and kingsong, and I have come across a few comments of the V11 cutting out.

so this info I received from Inmotion and posted it looking to get honest feedback, I’m not a troll or into hate speech, I’m just about the truth to let fellow and future riders no. Nothing more then that.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 11:10 PM, AtlasP said:

Once again a reminder that an overlean is not a cutout.

I've heard zero or maybe one report(s) of actual cutouts not related to overleans.

I can't remember anything else than @mrelwood's burned motherboard in a hill. (Not counting in Overheating Hill sudden death beacause it was preprod.) 

But there have been at least one case of problematic overleans in low speed because of a bad battery. @Senior Coffee comes to mind. I'm not sure whether @Mike B in Victoria wants to hear about those as well.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, Coolesnce said:

Just received an email from EUCO regarding a recall for a batch of V11s for faulty motherboards, which could lead to a cutout. They advised not to longer ride my V11 until they hear back from Inmotion. 😕

Yes, we are deeply sorry about the defected motherboards and sent them the new motherboards as fast as we can. These defected motherboards are on the way back to our office. Once it arrives, our engineers can get the hands on it and figure out what goes wrong. 

On 1/6/2021 at 10:54 AM, Mike B in Victoria said:

2.Rider weight 
5.If the unicycle can turn on after cut off, upload the log through App firstly.

Yes, that's the protocol we used to analysis these cutoff cases. Cutoff cases can be divided into types. 

Can be powered on

That's what we call "Speed Cutoff". The data still can be recorded and upload through log.

Can't be powered on

That's what we call "Power and Speed Cutoff". The data can't be stored due to lack of power.

As for now, we can't prevent the wheel from cutoff 100%. But you can always be alert when you are close to the limit of the wheel. And respect every beep and tiltback warning. Yes, still a joke that trying to hear a beep at the high speed especially when you are wearing a full face helmet. I've also been there.

Anyway, stay sharp and be careful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inmotion Global said:

Yes, we are deeply sorry about the defected motherboards and sent them the new motherboards as fast as we can. These defected motherboards are on the way back to our office. Once it arrives, our engineers can get the hands on it and figure out what goes wrong. 

Great that you intend to investigate the issue! When you have results, can you please share here:

-what the issue is with these motherboards

-which device s/n are affected

-why we can be sure other devices are not affected

Thanks!

• Like 2

Had my V11 cutout on me yesterday.  I was slowing down on a flat surface when it cut out.  After it would not engage the wheel or power off.  It finally did power off by holding switch for about 30 seconds and now will not power back on.  

Doctors appointment tomorrow to check out my right ankle, hoping it’s just sprained.  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, Inmotion Global said:

Is there any way to know if your wheel is affected?

On 1/27/2021 at 12:11 AM, Inmotion Global said:

Can you please provide the following information to your customers -

Which batch(s) are affected by the motherboard issue

Which distributors received units with potential issues and the timelines for the shipments

Serial number range if you are not aware of which batch

• Like 3

I sell inmotion and yes the V11 too and I have not heard of a recall and I did ask and had reply back...as i know the tech team ask distributor to send back board for inner study, but not mean all board have the issue..

all I can do is listen to all information and hope I’m getting a honest answer, I ride these wheels too and I’m not looking for a fall and nor do I want to sell anything I know has a issue that will get people hurt.

I know we all take our chances when we get on one that a fall is just around the corner, but to ride it well under top speed and have it cut out is unexceptionable and needs to be addressed right away.

but just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Rider weight : 63 kg (wihtout equipment)
Describe riding performance before cut off: fine
To check if the unicycle can be turn on after cut off,  and check if the wheel can be still move smoothly: no and no

Description of what happened to me: Went down a curb, cut off, wheel dead. Hopefully I was going slow and managed to land on my feet.

Motherboard was defective and has been replaced under warranty. That was back in october (wheel is batch 2 V11). No issue since then.

Another very similar case (cut off when going down a curb) was reported recently on the french forums. Poor guy broke his wrist.

Edited by XaXou
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 5:09 AM, Coolesnce said:

a recall for a batch of V11s

1. SN:14C12A122EE60###

2. 75 kg 

3. Just bought a new wheel, about 250 km driven on it, on 100 hundred percent battery on about 10 km/h a had cut out without any warnings. I was not braking and no hardly accelerated, just driven on low speed.

4. Wheel not turn on

5. When I pulled the wheel, it resisted very much and had strange vibrations.

balviboy@gmail.com write me if you have some new actual information, thanks!

P.S. I am from Latvia, take care about you all, wear all yours safety gear!

• 1 year later...

1. SN number 1561 5A12 878C xxxx, activated May 2022
2. Rider weight 87 kg
3. Riding performance before cut off: 37 kph, flat road, straight (no incline), no warning beep/tilt; apparently a small "clank!" noise the very moment the cut-off happened (but it wasn't due to some stone/object going around)
4. Won't turn on after cut off, until connected to the charger. Apparently no mechanical/motor/wheel damage
5. I only have the euc.world log file; Inmotion app diagnostics always report no problem.

More details in another thread:

Edited by avevo