Gotway EX.N - speed version - no suspension

EMA

6 hours ago, Lokomisiek. said:

Now it's more responsive (agresive). Maybe little better torque, but pedal dipping limit is the same i think :( My personal (105kg rider) feelings.

There's a difference in all modes or just in hard ?

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:27 PM, Lokomisiek. said:

I'm using only hard, 105kg is too much for other modes. 

had a ride yesterday with the accelerated stability firmware, not bad but need more mileage :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EMA said:

had a ride yesterday with the accelerated stability firmware, not bad but need more mileage :)

When I tested an EXN with black board, there is this odd wavy (yet not oscillating) feeling in soft and hard mode.  Is this resolved with the "accelerated stability" firmware?

58 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

When I tested an EXN with black board, there is this odd wavy (yet not oscillating) feeling in soft and hard mode.  Is this resolved with the "accelerated stability" firmware?

I felt this too (new Monster V3 board)! I thought I was going crazy! It seems to me that it only happens when I hit small disturbances in whatever surface I'm riding on, so I assume the PID algorithm parameters aren't quite dialed in perfectly... But in any case, it certainly gives you a "WTH" moment whenever it happens...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

you can still feel it in soft mode but less pronounced than stock fw, i never use it on stock fw but now i can (when not pushing hard)

hard mode is a lot better, feels super solid and helps you accelerate by dipping a bit, then come back flat. easy and fast

medium mode is what i usually ride on EXN do not change to much, but you can still feel the pedals more stable, it raise the pedals more while accelerating compared to soft and hard, better to calibrate the wheel -0.5 or -1 if you imho.

11 hours ago, Arbolest said:

I felt this too (new Monster V3 board)! I thought I was going crazy! It seems to me that it only happens when I hit small disturbances in whatever surface I'm riding on, so I assume the PID algorithm parameters aren't quite dialed in perfectly... But in any case, it certainly gives you a "WTH" moment whenever it happens...

i know the feeling, it's really comfortable for casual riding, not when pushing hard, soft exn is the same ;)

7 hours ago, EMA said:

you can still feel it in soft mode but less pronounced than stock fw, i never use it on stock fw but now i can (when not pushing hard)

hard mode is a lot better, feels super solid and helps you accelerate by dipping a bit, then come back flat. easy and fast

medium mode is what i usually ride on EXN do not change to much, but you can still feel the pedals more stable, it raise the pedals more while accelerating compared to soft and hard, better to calibrate the wheel -0.5 or -1 if you imho.

i know the feeling, it's really comfortable for casual riding, not when pushing hard, soft exn is the same ;)

I took the dive and updated my buddies EXN. Definitely fixed it. rides good now and the soft mode has shades of Sherman 1053, which is good or bad depending who you ask. For me, it’s good. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

took the dive and updated my buddies EXN. Definitely fixed it. rides good now and the soft mode has shades of Sherman 1053, which is good or bad depending who you ask. For me, it’s good

How do you update an exn ?

2 hours ago, EMA said:

with gw app, if you have a black board of course

Is there a conversation somewhere dedicated specifically to this topic? Is this just using a private tool intended only for dealers or a public GW app now? Which wheels can be flashed in this way?

Edited by AtlasP

13 hours ago, EMA said:

maybe a new topic it's not a bad idea, btw is something super simple that can do anyone, most of the wheels are already covered, you need:

• GW app from www.begode.com/app (app still require some eng translation)
  • create an account in app
  • a black board on your EUC
  • once logged in, fw upgrade require 1m
  • WheelersPRO have done a nice video on it, time 55:46 : https://youtu.be/vN1BcVYZRQ4?t=3346

Screenshot_2021-08-08-12-15-31-792_com.zzcyi.monotroch.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-08-12-15-16-739_com.zzcyi.monotroch.jpg

Also make sure ALL Bluetooth connections (iOS) EXCEPT the wheel are disconnected. I semi-bricked my friends EXN until I did that. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 8:59 AM, EMA said:

really good range this amazing wheel:

86km (20km slow off road)
30kmh avg
40% left

EUC tours:
https://euc.world/tour/601297681395070
https://euc.world/tour/601307320830045

Screenshot_2021-08-21-12-04-24-221_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-21-18-51-29-354_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

Your Wright? My Weight 110kg with gear on EX.n (accelerated stability) and my range is around 101km (+/-30km offroad), still left 81V 😅 

And euc world track:

https://euc.world/tour/601113118527074

6 hours ago, Lokomisiek. said:

Your Wright? My Weight 110kg with gear on EX.n (accelerated stability) and my range is around 101km (+/-30km offroad), still left 81V 😅 

And euc world track:

https://euc.world/tour/601113118527074

still very good i think, my weight is 70kg 

[ as reference, torque motors are even better, specially on heavy riders and when climbing ]

Edited by EMA

5 hours ago, thendless said:

I'm thinking of getting the EX.N or the RS HS. Any thoughts from anyone who has ridden both? How is the handling since the EX.N is about 13 pounds heavier? how about the difference in torque between the two?

if you need the lighter wheel for some reason take it, you'll never feel the added 4kg of exn riding, it's better balanced, more range and worth every $$$ you spend for it ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There had been some past issue with insulation of the motor. Would I still have to open it up myself and try to insulate the motor before using the wheel?

Is this still the fastest wheel in acceleration and responsiveness?

Can someone here convince me that I should choose the EX.N as opposed to the V12 which I am also interested in. (And I will post the same question in the V12 forum too.)

Edited by jmsjms

6 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

There had been some past issue with insulation of the motor. Would I still have to open it up myself and try to insulate the motor before using the wheel?

even the previous generation motor has no issue, latest gen with small bearings is the best right now. you don't need to do anything

9 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Is this still the fastest wheel in acceleration and responsiveness?

yes, probably the best speed motor right now

10 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Can someone here convince me that I should choose the EX.N as opposed to the V12 which I am also interested in. (And I will post the same question in the V12 forum too.)

16 and 18 wheels should not be compared, v12 is a nice wheel but has nothing to compete in any aspect, with only 2kg more you have way more stability speed range.
the only thing you'll probably miss is the ability to change pedal height if you offroad a lot.

• Like 1