Gotway EX.N - speed version - no suspension

EMA

On 6/30/2021 at 3:20 AM, EMA said:

Good luck finding a 5102, every aliexpress seller has them for sale but they always messaging trying to replace it with a C1488 instead. If anyone has purchased a 5102 recently and actually RECEIVED a 5102 I’d love to hear from you or a link from the seller. Thanks! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Good luck finding a 5102, every aliexpress seller has them for sale but they always messaging trying to replace it with a C1488 instead. If anyone has purchased a 5102 recently and actually RECEIVED a 5102 I’d love to hear from you or a link from the seller. Thanks! 

5102 do not exist anymore :(

the c1773 mounted on recent nikola is really nice but i think do not exist in 18' size :(

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:55 AM, stephen said:

Might be the same as this from eucservice.com 

https://eucservice.com/produkt/exn-sport/

False, Eucservice sells their own souped up EX.N with c30 motor and custom board with more cooling and spicier firmware(3000w, harder hard mode and more aggressive power curves with more torque)

1 hour ago, Eucnhtusiast said:

False, Eucservice sells their own souped up EX.N with c30 motor and custom board with more cooling and spicier firmware(3000w, harder hard mode and more aggressive power curves with more torque)

Interesting, do you know how they were able to mod the firmware? Possibly an employee sniffed the transmission from an update chip and figured out how to load custom firmware onto the chip? Or are they using a custom control board? Or possibly a collaboration with Gotway? 🤔

26 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Interesting, do you know how they were able to mod the firmware? Possibly an employee sniffed the transmission from an update chip and figured out how to load custom firmware onto the chip? Or are they using a custom control board? Or possibly a collaboration with Gotway? 🤔

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Daniel has all the hardware/firmware/software that Gotway uses. EUC Service' relationship with Gotway goes deeper than just being a dealer.

43 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I believe Begode/Gotway will produce custom firmware when asked by a big enough buyer.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I don't know details but I know that the firmware is more aggressive with current and responds much faster(also tuned better for the motor, daniel mentioned in black cobras interview that gotway had left a lot of performance on the table with the stock firmware). I can do an update for you guys once the wheel arrives with pics and all that if you are interested.

• Like 2

By any chance does anyone have a measurement for the hole in the shell on the original versions of the EXN? 

I got some of this amphibious filter material that really seems to trap water great. Im thinking about 3d printing a tpu brace to hold it in place and covering the hole with the material. I would open my machine but its currently all gooped up with silicone and i need it to stay sealed for a long ride sunday. 

Ill crank her open monday unless someone happens to have an answer for me 🤘. I will share my progress as i go 

Edit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00230CRYW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_FQXRHG6FJ1WVY905YPSK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

this is the material i will be using. Might try putting some over the tail light air vent as well and maybe even over the power button. Stuff is cool, it literally holds water like a cup but air passes through it freely

Edited by GoGeorgeGo

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

By any chance does anyone have a measurement for the hole in the shell on the original versions of the EXN? 

I got some of this amphibious filter material that really seems to trap water great. Im thinking about 3d printing a tpu brace to hold it in place and covering the hole with the material. I would open my machine but its currently all gooped up with silicone and i need it to stay sealed for a long ride sunday. 

Ill crank her open monday unless someone happens to have an answer for me 🤘. I will share my progress as i go 

Edit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00230CRYW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_FQXRHG6FJ1WVY905YPSK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

this is the material i will be using. Might try putting some over the tail light air vent as well and maybe even over the power button. Stuff is cool, it literally holds water like a cup but air passes through it freely

already done something like that, you can grab some measurement here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4718100

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

finalized and tested a ventilation hole on the EXN/EX, works really well and drop the temperature by a lot.

Used two quiter fan instead stock one and also inverted the air flow inside, now from bottom to top

STL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4k0ilaixhrpp38/EXNairflow.stl?dl=0

IMG_20210729_012046.jpg

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, btl said:

Here is my approach. I closed the internal hole  and made new ones. in the front, with filter behind them for intake, and then down behind the circular arranged holes is my 80mm outtake fan. Much quieter and also less hot than original.

20210805_123536.jpg

nice pattern

20 hours ago, stephen said:

Got my ex.n mss yesterday here's some pics 

Just got used to it but the power is always there ready to take off, probably why battery goes down,, did some hills this morning and it went up them easily  no effort  at all compared to the sherman what grunts and wants to stop ,,gotway let's you go full speed down to 0%battery I've got 84.4 volts  5% battery left and done 45 miles so I think the bottom part of the battery will take a bit to get down so maybe another 5-10 miles  , not got time now to finish the last bit,, definitely  got power there if that's your thing but cruising and total range is the shermans fortis,  but it is 500wh less than the sherman,, the hollow motor is smooth though I rode it in soft mode which is super comfy and doesn't dip much ,, got to get used to gotways power deliver and how it tilts pedals up when you accelerate at speed ,

Top end of battery took a while to get down ,, 50% battery down to 20%went quick BUT I was on the canal and wind was strong against me ,, really strong,, bottom part of battery is taking ages to get down that's why I finished testing as I've got to go out

I'll do another range test and complete it down to 0% and balance the cells it gets better after few charge cycles

ExnExnExn20210804_231154

Did a range test on mine today, 92.5km. I weigh about 110 kg with my gear, average speed of 32.4kmh. Beeped just before I got home and after letting it sit for a few minutes the voltage creeped up to 80,1. So much power on tap, though I got it to skip magnets while breaking HARD, -38,8 A during that. Acceleration doesn't suffer from magnet skipping, pulled 133A and pedals didn't even dip.

"got to get used to gotways power deliver and how it tilts pedals up when you accelerate at speed" This behaviour is only on the mss line, it overwrites hard mode and replaces it with what Daniel calls Sport Mode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eucnhtusiast said:

"got to get used to gotways power deliver and how it tilts pedals up when you accelerate at speed" This behaviour is only on the mss line, it overwrites hard mode and replaces it with what Daniel calls Sport Mode.

ok, tnx for explaination

• Like 1