Gotway EX.N - speed version - no suspension

EMA

2 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

I don't know how to feel about this. Gotway has become too reactionary for my liking, it's starting to look desperate.

Which was the most resent gotway wheel that was an innovation and not a response to the market the mten 3?  

Probably the Gotway EX.  No one else on the market is making a high powered high range suspension wheel that can break 40mph.  It's in a category of its own.
But yeah, this version will probably be more like the Sherman (high speed, less torque, no suspension, high range) etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, One Wheel Man said:

Probably the Gotway EX.  No one else on the market is making a high powered high range suspension wheel that can break 40mph.  It's in a category of its own.
But yeah, this version will probably be more like the Sherman (high speed, less torque, no suspension, high range) etc.

The Gotway EX was frantically put together in a very short amount of time as a reaction to either the S18 or V11 (don't remember which was first) and rushed to market. I'm talking about actual innovation not the release of something that is only new to Gotway.

• Like 2

5 beeps @75% Motor power, that's new and I don't know if this is a good thing? 

Same Motor like the RS with a bigger 24S6P battery instead 24S4P. What could be the reason that they drop the motor power alarm from 80 to 75%?

Probably higher speed at the cost of less torque compared to the RS Speed if you ask me, or? 😕

I have a bad feeling that this is just about building a faster wheel than the Sherman.

Low speed torque is probably not a priority. 

Good that I decided to upgrade my MSP HT to 2250wh today.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 3

I too am confused by this and all of the spewing that Gotway has been doing lately with new models. It seems like this is a direct competitor to the Monster Pro, which should be coming out soon as far as I know...I guess throw everything out and see what sticks? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

5 beeps @75% Motor power, that's new and I don't know if this is a good thing? 

Same Motor like the RS with a bigger 24S6P battery instead 24S4P. What could be the reason that they drop the motor power alarm from 80 to 75%?

Probably higher speed at the cost of less torque compared to the RS Speed if you ask me, or? 😕

I have a bad feeling that this is just about building a faster wheel than the Sherman.

Low speed torque is probably not a priority. 

Good that I decided to upgrade my MSP HT to 2250wh today.

It seems like it will still be just as fast as the Sherman, no faster. But I still much prefer GW's firmware/tuning to Veteran's, so this could be a nice chance to get that perfect combo of GW firmware and Sherman speed. I wish they would keep the 80% beeps as they're more than sufficient, I've been basically forced to ignore the beeps on the Sherman as it can still safely go 5ish mph past when the beeps start at any battery level.

Just now, Fuerte said:

It seems like this is a direct competitor to the Monster Pro, which should be coming out soon as far as I know...I guess throw everything out and see what sticks? 

While it does appear to have the speed, it doesn't have the same motor and batter size, so I view as being in a different class. Apparently they always planned to have a suspensionless EX, but it does have the throw the spaghetti and see what sticks feel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

The Gotway EX was frantically put together in a very short amount of time as a reaction to either the S18 or V11 (don't remember which was first) and rushed to market. I'm talking about actual innovation not the release of something that is only new to Gotway.

The EX really isn't a copy of the S18 or V11.  It's in an entire different category of performance.  The S18 has around a 1,100 watt hour battery...EX has 2,700 watt hours.  The S18 goes around 30mph.  The EX isn't an S18 knockoff at all...it's in an entirely different performance and range category.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

Did you compared the real Sherman speed or the inflated speed. I heard 70kmh is just real 63kmh. 

Good point, I have noticed the Sherman speed is pretty inflated compared to GPS speeds. If the EX speed is more true to life, it could dethrone the Sherman as the speed king along with Monster Pro!

• Like 2

• EMA changed the title to Gotway EX.N - speed version - no suspension
On 11/18/2020 at 11:43 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

EX but with RS motor... what's the difference to the RS? Will it even ride any different?

I'm confused why they didn't take the EX motor, it's fast enough after all.

Completely agree with this, seems like this is a RS with larger battery.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

EX but with RS motor... what's the difference to the RS? Will it even ride any different?

I'm confused why they didn't take the EX motor, it's fast enough after all.

i was thinking the same...but this is a clear response to the Sherman ;)

if they'll put at least the RS torque motor i could be interested and maybe swap the wheel just for the bigger battery...

i don't think they'll put the EX motor for marketing purpose, they just need to makes the pillars for this version ...

Edited by EMA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

I'm interested in EX.N with 2700wh and RS Torque motor or EX 3500W motor. 

Well at this rate you can just wait a few more days and it will be announced, seems they are pumping out as many different models as possible... Or maybe they are just trying to get rid of surplus stock because of poor sales?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EMA said:

if they'll put at least the RS torque motor i could be interested and maybe swap the wheel just for the bigger battery...

Have one look at their brittle 3D-printed speaker housing (e g. check the EcoDrift disassembly). That alone would for me be a reason not to buy any EX. Otherwise an RS but done better isn't a bad idea!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

I'm interested in EX.N with 2700wh and RS Torque motor or EX 3500W motor. 

Since the EX didn't interest me in the slightest, I haven't looked at the Ecodrift teardown yet.

But after I just did it, I'm not sure if I really want the EX.N just because of more battery.

I am speechless after seeing the speakers, the speaker housing, the cooler with the air duct. Especially the huge hole that should theoretically be used for the heat dissipation, but which can't work in practice. The only thing that works is that the dirt is accurately swirled into the housing.

Is the EX the Ecodrift may have the first prototype or are they really serious about selling something like this? :confused1:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Is the EX the Ecodrift may have the first prototype or are they really serious about selling something like this? :confused1:

Someone's going to have to disassemble their production wheel and have a look. Let's hope at least some better, professional plastic parts are used. As for the design... idiosyncrasies (I'm trying to be positive here;))... who knows.

• Like 2