First Look at New InMotion V8F!

AtlasP

Before you get disappointed, there are NO SPECS revealed in this video. (Specs are teased to be coming in a forthcoming youtube video by EUCO.)

Confirmed in video (all three of these are *awesome* changes I think):

• wider tire which also makes it a little bit taller (I'm guessing the same as most other older 16's in the 2.125" territory, whereas the current V8 is down at 1.95")
  • same pedals as the revamped V10 pedals (size and style with the rubber inset but with grip tape on top)
  • same pads at the top of the wheel as the V10/V5

Not known yet:

• no official specs, although previously we had been teased with a bigger motor and higher top speed (I expect modest bumps here to ~16S territory), although perhaps not a much bigger battery (a same size battery would be disappointing if true, but I think they're committed to keeping the V8 a light & nimble & commuter--with the V10 (with a similar forthcoming revamp) and teased 18" V12 to be their larger battery wheels)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

Cool, always nice with competition. The "medium power 16" segment havent had much attention lately.

Video won't work in any of my browsers (safari, firefox)  though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaveCut said:

also notice glued pads on top. not sure if its similar to v5/10

I believe they're identical. The v10 ones are peel & stick and fit into designated niche in the plastic casing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Valentin said:

This video shows the Inmotion V10F monowheel with pedals of a new sample and without an installed handle.

? No, it's the new V8F. Sizewise it's between the old V8 and the V10/V10F. But the tire is clearly not as wide as a V10/V10F.

Hopefully that new v8f keeps to the same tire specs... I enjoy my 16x1.95 tire so much, I was lucky to find a local store with like 5 maxxis hookworms because they completely discontinued that size. If the inner clearance is found to be much wider, this will definitely replace my older v8 in the near future

17 hours ago, goos3man said:

Hopefully that new v8f keeps to the same tire specs... I enjoy my 16x1.95 tire so much

Maybe they are planning for the same move as with the V8. Initial spec was 2.125 and then a silent move to 1.95 (I assume they were tired of scraping tire complaints). In this width range, the tire type is probably more important than its width. I'd prefer to see a wider tire, but that's probably not feasible without much more involved changes of the shell.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 8:51 PM, GaryL said:

I can't believe 5 minutes of the video was that guy waving his arms around.  It would have been hilarious if someone had stepped into the scene and punched him in the face, then whipped away the sheet to unveil the wheel. :)

On 10/31/2019 at 6:49 AM, gr8ps said:

What's with the potato quality video, it's 2019 for crying out loud.

I believe that is a recording of a livestream, and they just waited for a few more viewers I guess. Can't blame @Jeffrey Scott Will for that:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mono said:

I'd prefer to see a wider tire, but that's probably not feasible without much more involved changes of the shell.

Yeah, I could see in InMotion just really conforming to their minimalist form-factor. They really have the sleekest look in comparison to most euc competitors, and yet they manage to still be very durable. To add, hopefully their weatherproofing is just as good with the newer generation. I could run my v8 through downpours and never worry about moisture/humidity.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just received an update from the inMotion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 12:38 PM PST, Jason wrote: Can you provide an estimated release/ship date for the v8f?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Jason,

The manufacturer began production last week. They expect to fulfill air freight orders the first two weeks in January with regular pre-orders being fulfilled late January/early February.

We hope this helps and we value your time,

Mitch
Customer Service / Operations
contact@myinmotion.com

• Like 1

Man I really wish the top speed was around 24-25 mph then it would be absolutely perfect to me. I have always loved the design the most on the v8 and have had to stop myself many times from buying it before I got my Tesla and others. The top speed was just too low and the motor was dangerously under-powered. Hope to see another version come out when I'm having to consider buying my next wheel.

25 mph max

1200w motor

800 Wh battery

16x2.5" inch wheel

these specs would be a deal sealer for me on a wheel with the v8's aesthetic, even with me having no need for a new wheel right now (or anytime soon).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tenofnine said:

25 mph max

1200w motor

800 Wh battery

16x2.5" inch wheel

While I don’t think a 1200W wheel can be safe enough at 25mph, it is looking like KS and especially Gotway will be introducing a wheel in that category later this year.

On 1/2/2020 at 6:06 AM, tenofnine said:

Man I really wish the top speed was around 24-25 mph then it would be absolutely perfect to me. I have always loved the design the most on the v8 and have had to stop myself many times from buying it before I got my Tesla and others. The top speed was just too low and the motor was dangerously under-powered. Hope to see another version come out when I'm having to consider buying my next wheel.

25 mph max

1200w motor

800 Wh battery

16x2.5" inch wheel

these specs would be a deal sealer for me on a wheel with the v8's aesthetic, even with me having no need for a new wheel right now (or anytime soon).

You basically just described the V10 or V10F. It's a bit larger/heavier, and has a slightly-less desirable (although still functional) trolley handle, but otherwise it's a V8 with a 25 mph speed limit, 2000 watt motor, 16x2.5" tire, and either 750 or 960 wh battery depending on V10 or V10F. (The V10 used to have sh1tty cells that were only 650 Wh, but they recently/secretly upgraded them to better cells that are 750 Wh and hold-up much better.) Particularly with the latest price cuts over on ewheels, I think the V10 is now a good competitor to the KS16S in that category, and the V10F is an even better competitor to the Tesla than it was before (again, due to the price cuts).

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, AtlasP said:

The V10 used to have sh1tty cells that were only 650 Wh, but they recently/secretly upgraded them to better cells that are 750 Wh and hold-up much better.

Interesting! So you are saying that if you buy a V10 from ewheels today you’ll get this upgraded version? Do you have any more info about this? The ewheels site still mentions 650 Wh.