InMotion V8f

Asphalt

Just updated the firmware this afternoon. Will try it out tomorrow. Have only 11 miles on the wheel ( working from home has cut into my riding) and was just getting used to it. Had a 4 mile ride this morning and realized that I hadn't upped the max speed when I kept getting beeped at. My first day I had the tire pressure too high and I felt like a beginner again, barely able to hold a line and feeling like I was about to fall over every few seconds. I like how the wheel feels and I can hardly imagine what better feels like.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 6:16 PM, Nic said:

The price is high due to lack of competition as you point out. All these EUCs are expensive compared to alternatives like scooters but it is a smaller market so pricing will be at a premium.

The EUC, while having fewer parts, is a much more complicated piece of equipment. The design, research and development process in making a reliable, safe and usable self balancing device is very much greater. The R&D if an electric scooter amounts to taking a kids trottinette, and fitting it with a battery pack and an electric motor, something a guy or guyette could do in their garden shed. I think the price difference accurately reflects this. 

The V8f is a very attractive proposition to me. I’ve no wish to be a speed demon, in fact I think going at speed in excess of 50kmh In a public place is irresponsible and plain stupid. It’s portable and ideal to put in the car and then to use for exploring a new town or city. In fact the thing that got me hooked were the YouTube videos of Non Stop Neal and his V8 doing his European tour. That is the perfect use of an e wheel to me. ...Each to their own, just stay safe and be considerate to others. 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nostris said:

.... I think going at speed in excess of 50kmh In a public place is irresponsible ....

In a public place 50km is already way to fast, but has nothing to do with the maximum speed of the wheel. 

Speed, range, weight, and wheel-size are what to consider for the V8F.  

Any wheel including the V8F can be rode irresponsibly, that's on the owner not the wheel.

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, PaperBoi said:

There is a %13-16 grade hill (asphalt), about 4-5 km long. I'm gonna climb it with my v8f. Will it be overloaded or cuttoff? or any issue?
my weight is 70kg.

It depends on the battery power, the lenght off the hill and very important the speed. I was climbing steeper hills on dirt and gravel but had a pedal tilt if I was too fast.

The thing is: There is no motorised vehicle that would not go slower on steep hills. A fuel based engine would perhaps get louder but not necessarily faster. In my experience a monowheel - even like my V8F - does even accelerate on steep hills, which is amazing. I think the topmost priority of a monowheel is to balance the driver at all circumstances. But there are also just physics. And therefor the motor sucks a lot of energie out of the battery. That also means that the ampere rises which causes heat as well. The battery has to deliver the power, so it might break down if it is already discharged. If the monowheel is not able to garantie the balance it will react like it does on a low battery. In my case it told me I should get off. I rode the same track slower and had no more issues at all. It´s only my theory but you can check the amperes in the app to verify.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello guys !!

I need one suggestion, i want buy Inmotion V8F, but here in Italy, many store speak with me very bad quality at this monowheel, and not want vendig...

Now, I don't know belive or not belive..

What do you think?

I can buy this v8f online? Its a good idea?

Thank and sorry for my english 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jack5d said:

Hello guys !!

I need one suggestion, i want buy Inmotion V8F, but here in Italy, many store speak with me very bad quality at this monowheel, and not want vendig...

Now, I don't know belive or not belive..

What do you think?

I can buy this v8f online? Its a good idea?

Thank and sorry for my english 😁

There are better wheels out their. If I sold wheels I would not likely sell inmotion but they are OK. The V8f is good for lighter people and beginners.

Yes, as @RockyTop says. There is nothing wrong with the v8f but except if you need the light weight you can get quite more power for a little more money. (KS16S, Tesla, MCM5 v2)

Edited by null

31 minutes ago, Ádám Szitás said:

more power does not always mean better wheel though

Indeed. It depends of what your priorities are. Hence I mentioned “except if you need the light weight”. Power is safety though, and if the weight difference isn’t important to you, I’d recommend getting a wheel with more power for close to the same budget.

edit: again, there is nothing wrong with the v8f. It’s a good package.

Edited by null

Thank all for the answers, I try for 30 km one kingsong ks16s, very wonderful motor with many power!! Really it's too much for me, and have very pain my leg, don't like position of my feet, because like stay attached to monowheel with all my leg... 

And now I want try buy from amazon or aliexpress the Inmotion v8f, (I see big difference of prices) but before I want stay sure of quality...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jack5d said:

Thank all for the answers, I try for 30 km one kingsong ks16s, very wonderful motor with many power!! Really it's too much for me, and have very pain my leg, don't like position of my feet, because like stay attached to monowheel with all my leg... 

And now I want try buy from amazon or aliexpress the Inmotion v8f, (I see big difference of prices) but before I want stay sure of quality...

I think I'd rather have the 16s its a great wheel won't see much difference in the inmotion v8f

1 hour ago, jack5d said:

Hello guys! I buy now new inmotion v8f, but... what is the Bluetooth password to use it for music ?? I tried with various combinations 000000 123456 12345678 but nothing, it does not connect .... 

Non credo che si possa collegare lo speaker al telefono per ascoltare la musica... almeno, il mio V8 sicuramente non lo fa.

I don't think you can connect the wheel's speaker to the phone to listen to music... at least, my V8 does not do that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

Non credo che si possa collegare lo speaker al telefono per ascoltare la musica... almeno, il mio V8 sicuramente non lo fa.

I don't think you can connect the wheel's speaker to the phone to listen to music... at least, my V8 does not do that.

Strano, perché sul kingsong funzionava...

48 minutes ago, jack5d said:

Strano, perché sul kingsong funzionava...

Well, different wheels and brands - different features...

Sorry if I wrote in Italian earlier, it's actually not allowed... I gave was a bad example :D

Edited by Coco66
  • Like 1

Sorry, first I used the Italian language ... 

I need more tips, is it normal for my legs to hurt where are the pads? 

Do I need leg exercise, or do I need to change the pads? 

And another's big problem, I try send with app Inmotion various led effect, but now the led working in mode confused 😕 please help me understand how to fix the led lights, thank you! 

Edited by jack5d

1 hour ago, jack5d said:

Do I need leg exercise, or do I need to change the pads? 

Since you have only ridden the S2, the geometry and ergonomics of the V8(F) are different. The S2 is short and even narrows towards the top. The V8(F) is much taller, and it has pads where you can actually use them for support (when mounting, turning, one-legging, etc).

You may have used to putting your feet very close to the S2 shell. If this is the case, try standing a bit wider on the V8F. So that instead of looking for leg support at the ankles, take the support from the pads higher up your leg.

Give a little time to your new wheel. They all feel different, and an unfamiliar wheel doesn’t feel at home for a while. If you still feel the same in a few weeks, go ahead and try to make your own pads in the place you want the support to be at.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Since you have only ridden the S2, the geometry and ergonomics of the V8(F) are different. The S2 is short and even narrows towards the top. The V8(F) is much taller, and it has pads where you can actually use them for support (when mounting, turning, one-legging, etc).

You may have used to putting your feet very close to the S2 shell. If this is the case, try standing a bit wider on the V8F. So that instead of looking for leg support at the ankles, take the support from the pads higher up your leg.

Give a little time to your new wheel. They all feel different, and an unfamiliar wheel doesn’t feel at home for a while. If you still feel the same in a few weeks, go ahead and try to make your own pads in the place you want the support to be at.

Thanks! And for led color? I try search, but don't find nothing...

I prepare many kinds of light effects, send with app, but light effect function very bad, this is very strange!!

46 minutes ago, jack5d said:

Thanks! And for led color? I try search, but don't find nothing...

I prepare many kinds of light effects, send with app, but light effect function very bad, this is very strange!!

I know nothing about the LED colors or programs, sorry.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I resolve problem of light!!

The problem stay in the software... 

I try explain me with one example:

I want 20 combination of color?

In the app I need set 20 of this combination and another 20 point empty!

Absurd, but now it works! 

I hope this solution can tell another people . . .

• Like 1