InMotion V8f

Asphalt

34 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Oh wow the tire is bigger (wider)!

compared to the a 1.95" tire of the current V8...I wouldn't quite know whether it is larger than 2.125"...they should have just read out the specs on the tire

20 minutes ago, Mono said:

compared to the a 1.95" tire of the current V8...I wouldn't quite know whether it is larger than 2.125"...they should have just read out the specs on the tire

My old V8 has a 2.125 tyre

5 minutes ago, phatmike said:

My old V8 has a 2.125 tyre

Mine had too, while my newer V8 has the 1.95" tire that can be seen in the unpacking vid.

Edited by Mono

37 minutes ago, Mono said:

Mine had too, while my newer V8 has the 1.95" tire that can be seen in the unpacking vid.

Confirmed, my V8 has Kenda 1.95" tire.

Can I ask which 2.125 tyre you guys have for the V8, looking for a bigger tire.

8 hours ago, RockyTop said:

That is a shame. I know that the wheel has a niche market but adding a few batteries to get above 600wh seems like a an obvious needed improvement. After all 840wh is starting to look pretty small. 

The battery is slightly bigger than v8 battery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

Less than 600wh is basically a no go for me in any case. Atleast 600... But like 480, what will that get you? Like 20km?

My range distribution records show that using 400Wh (83%) of the 480Wh battery would get my 80kg as far as 20km in 90%, 26km in 50% and 34km in 10% of the trips I made, depending on how hard and fast I was riding.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Less than 600wh is basically a no go for me in any case. Atleast 600... But like 480, what will that get you? Like 20km?

I think 480wh still reasonable for short commute ( 16" wheel are not really mean for long commute I guess)

I commutes daily:

- 14km (7km each way).

- all led and headlight are on.

- speed is mostly > 20, 25 km/h and up to 30, 35 every time I can.

and my battery is rarely dip under 60% each day.

But I will really surprise if V8F don't have bigger battery, consider the case is much bigger than V8.

Edited by Phong Vu
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

But I will really surprise if V8F don't have bigger battery, consider the case is much bigger than V8.

It looks taller, but look at the bottom.  It's riding higher.  Is the case actually bigger?  Hmm, I guess it is slightly egg shaped vs circular.  Better video here: https://old.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/comments/dok2x4/snagged_a_screen_record_of_eucos_reveal_of_the/

Edited by xorbe

9 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

I think 480wh still reasonable for short commute ( 16" wheel are not really mean for long commute I guess)

There is a bunch of 16" wheels with quite large batteries out there. It even seems that 18" wheels have become slightly less popular over the last year-or-so.

I commutes daily:

- 14km (7km each way).

- all led and headlight are on.

- speed is mostly > 20, 25 km/h and up to 30, 35 every time I can.

and my battery is rarely dip under 60% each day.

which means a 28km range with 20% battery charge left

The guys in the vid and myself seem to see a casing very similar to the original one, though elevated by the bigger tire. I'd guess they use pretty much the same shell. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Mono said:

The guys in the vid and myself seem to see a casing very similar to the original one, though elevated by the bigger tire. I'd guess they use pretty much the same shell. Time will tell.

yeah, watch the video again, the case height is not different, but the case width seems to be bigger.

Hopefully they can jam more batteries in it

or at least remove the plastic battery case like some of the guys here did the mods :) <== and V8 owner can have the option to buy the new battery pack :D 

Just now, Phong Vu said:

yeah, watch the video again, the case height is not different, but the case width seems to be bigger.

it's called parallax :efef36327c:

I kind-of like the battery being packed in the plastic casing. I reckon that it gives an additional layer of protection and it makes switching the battery somewhat more handy.

10 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Yes, My heavy 230lb/105kg butt gets about 12-13mi (right about 20km) with somewhat hilly terrain.  A far cry short of the stated "31mi of total freedom" the marketing material says, My biggest complaint.  An extra pound or 2 to increase that by 50% would be well worth it, not to mention if it has extra safety margin for high current draw situations.

Also wish it could play music (it has a speaker!)

• Like 1

with that small of a battery its next to useless.. ill stick to my v5f+ 420 wh as a backup and very short distances wheel as thats an extremely compact super light little wheel can throw it around easily and fit it anywhere... the only way anything is going to replace my 16s as a city wheel is if it can sustain at least 40 kph for most of the battery and has higher pedals.. otherwise the 16s is a fantastic all around city commuter

• Like 1