InMotion V8f

Asphalt

@Terzo

This rubber on pedal can make fall i think.

If you hit asphalt without ruber you make scratch and ride continue.

If you hit asphalt with ruber adhese can be realy higher and you can fall down.

Just my teoretical opinion.

Use some "nano spray" on inmotion cover because  if you ride in rain with jeans.Blue is soaked into this cover white realy agresively(personal experience).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

@Terzo

This rubber on pedal can make fall i think.

If you hit asphalt without ruber you make scratch and ride continue.

If you hit asphalt with ruber adhese can be realy higher and you can fall down.

Just my teoretical opinion.

Use some "nano spray" on inmotion cover because  if you ride in rain with jeans.Blue is soaked into this cover white realy agresively(personal experience).

every one of my pedals has rubber around the sides and on the bottom... scraped pedals hundreds of times over the years and never once has it offered even the slightest bit of resistance.. i initially thought the same thing, but in fact the opposite is true.. concrete beats rubber lol

20190712_194701.jpg

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2

You guys are so cool. Thanks for the inputs, I'll take them into consideration. 

So far thank goodness. It has worked for me at my skill level. Lol. Embarrassingly,  I reached a new high crusing speed today on both wheels... 21 km/h. Hahaha.  Which only translates to 13mph. I guess I can officially fill up an application to be in Duf's No Skill Zombie Riders club. LMAO!

At least I know now, m not a speedster. Going at that speed even made me feel I was going to pop an artery. I was having palpitations. Hahaha. 

But thanks again guys. Y'all opinions are valuable to a newbie like me. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terzo said:

You guys are so cool. Thanks for the inputs, I'll take them into consideration. 

So far thank goodness. It has worked for me at my skill level. Lol. Embarrassingly,  I reached a new high crusing speed today on both wheels... 21 km/h. Hahaha.  Which only translates to 13mph. I guess I can officially fill up an application to be in Duf's No Skill Zombie Riders club. LMAO!

At least I know now, m not a speedster. Going at that speed even made me feel I was going to pop an artery. I was having palpitations. Hahaha. 

But thanks again guys. Y'all opinions are valuable to a newbie like me. 👍

lmfao pop an artery.. i know the feeling i remember when that felt fast to me haha.. now i can fall asleep at 50 :P

• Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 10:59 PM, Terzo said:

@manu You're welcome. You made a "wise" decision choosing the V8F.

btw, when you get it... I advise learning it using "classic mode" first. When I switched it to "comfort mode"

I added some Cowles Red Trim 1/4, Cowles Black Trim 1/4 and Clear protection film on my pedals to help me during this learning curve... just an idea.

@Terzo Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure it will all make complete sense when I get my wheel and start learning.

My decision was made after seeing many reviews and opinions, but I haven't seen an electric unicycle in real life yet. I thought the range would be enough for me, the speed won't be too low at least for a while (if not forever, but I read many people's opinions saying 35km/h is slow), the troley handle looks very convenient and the price is ok.

I was wondering what those riding modes were and if they made any difference. Now you say they do, so I will take that into account, thanks for pointing it out. I planned to add some protections to the wheel to start learning. I have some EVA auto-adhesive sheets and corner protection foam that is used along the edges of low furniture when there are infants at home.

I'll tell you all here when I get the wheel and what my first impressions are. Somehow it seems it won't be very soon unfortunately.

• Like 2

@manu "slow" is relative my friend. And also keep in mind, with these things, crashing is part of the game. Its not a matter of "IF" but "When". Ride safe always, gear up (when you do). I worked physical rehabilitation for more than a decade, Ive seen enough injuries already to fully understand the consequences... for me and the ones that will burdened to take care of me....Thats for speed.

Power on the other hand, I do advocate for higher power reserves. Its a safety measure. Always take in consideration your use case, terrain, rules and regs in your area, etc.

• Like 1

@NMorgadoHere's mine. Sorry I dont currently have a digital scale for you. But looks like my V8F is of a batch thats more or less weighs as advertised, around 32 lbs.

There was an earlier batch. Jason emailed sometime Jan 9. Saying that they recieved a limited supply but this batch's weight was 2+ lbs more, coming in around 35 lbs and if didnt mind that he would ship it that same day. Not that I mind the 2+lbs additional weight. Its just that, that particular email for some reason went to my spam folder. I never got to read it till more than a week later... well worked out well in the end. I received mine Jan 27th.20200211_163444.thumb.jpg.a27315b16ceb9104b0aae16413ba0a8c.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Got a notice from EUCO that the end of April is when next shipment is expected to arrive plus an additional 5-7 business days to get to purchasers. I presume e-wheels is (literally?) in the same boat. All of this presumes that the world continues to function somewhat normally, which may not be a safe assumption at this point. Looking forward to May.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:49 AM, EkW said:

Got a notice from EUCO that the end of April is when next shipment is expected to arrive plus an additional 5-7 business days to get to purchasers. I presume e-wheels is (literally?) in the same boat. All of this presumes that the world continues to function somewhat normally, which may not be a safe assumption at this point. Looking forward to May.

Correct. The production schedule of most factories in China has been postponed for serveral days due to the virus thing. One component in short will result in the delay of the production. But we are still trying to keep up the schedule. Thanks

• Like 2

On 3/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, Liamfind said:

Correct. The production schedule of most factories in China has been postponed for serveral days due to the virus thing. One component in short will result in the delay of the production. But we are still trying to keep up the schedule. Thanks

my V8F from aliexpress will be here tomorrow :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 11:39 PM, Skara said:

Is there any place in Europe where I can get V8F from? Or is Aliexpress the only option?

Quoting myself, in case someone else is also looking, this would even be within EU: https://myewheel.com/inmotion-v8f/

(Too late for me, however, as I already made the order from Aliexpress.)

On 3/20/2020 at 9:49 PM, EkW said:

I presume e-wheels is (literally?) in the same boat. All of this presumes that the world continues to function somewhat normally, which may not be a safe assumption at this point.

Our 2nd supply arrived in on Monday, we have 60+ in stock now, this was about 6.5 months after placing the order with the factory :unsure: 

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-inmotion-v8f-518wh-battery-1000w-motor/

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

only thing i dont like is changing the power button to red.. sticks out like a sore thumb and looks cheap

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

only thing i dont like is changing the power button to red.. sticks out like a sore thumb and looks cheap

I didnt look for long, but that is what stood out to me also. I was thinking more along the lines of...* A kid or stranger sees this odd device leaning on the wall and that RED button calls to them in ways they can't explain. Before they realize it, they've pushed the button and VROOOM the wheel is unleashed like a hound of hell having been starved out for a week, at an open food market. * Times like these are why I keep a bottle of gloss black nail polish around. I gotta admit tho, the wheel as a whole, looks damn sexy. Cant deny the weight is a VERY nice detail.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

I think it's a cute design feature, marking the new V8F to everyone. But maybe you're right and a red button sticking out can have unintended consequences.

Thinking of red buttons (couldn't find the entire scene unfortunately, so you have to know how it continues):

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Albatross said:

Got mine a few days ago, second hand, less then 100 miles on it.  It’s an amazing product. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BZwkmwiJTYwx9ebP8

So you are getting more familiar with it now?

Or still effing hard mk. II ?

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So you are getting more familiar with it now?

Or still effing hard mk. II ?

My legs are hurting in all different places from where they hurt with the Ninebot e+. I decided to take a day off today. But I left off with some progress yesterday. Still effing hard, but now I know that I can do it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Albatross said:

My legs are hurting in all different places from where they hurt with the Ninebot e+. I decided to take a day off today. But I left off with some progress yesterday. Still effing hard, but now I know that I can do it. 

You can't really rush it. It is just about keeping at it. 

• 1 month later...

There is a new FW available for the IM V8F. 
Yesterday I found some time for a test drive with FW 2.2.21 on my V8F. Wow 😲. Completely different wheel! It accelerates better, is more responsive. The motor feels smoother like they changed the control frequency. And at speed it seems to be more quiet. Imagination or reality? Did you guys already test it? What is your opinion? Can anyone confirm my observation?

• Like 3