5 hours ago, George Iliev said:

Yep, tested it - you have to manually pause it. 

I assume the wheel needs to stay on the entire time it’s paused?

46 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I assume the wheel needs to stay on the entire time it’s paused?

Nope, not necessary - Livemap feature is entirely separate from WheelLog's wheel data connection, and can be used independently. @Seba can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure it's the case. 

2 hours ago, George Iliev said:

Nope, not necessary - Livemap feature is entirely separate from WheelLog's wheel data connection, and can be used independently. @Seba can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure it's the case. 

True. But all things be said, from time to time WheelLog had problems auto-reconnecting when you switch off the wheel, so while your tour parameters may remain untouched, your WheelLog trip data (local vs server-side) may be reseted upon reconnection. At least, that's been my case in a couple of occasions 

3 minutes ago, travsformation said:

True. But all things be said, from time to time WheelLog had problems auto-reconnecting when you switch off the wheel, so while your tour parameters may remain untouched, your WheelLog trip data (local vs server-side) may be reseted upon reconnection. At least, that's been my case in a couple of occasions 

In new WheelLog version there is an option to decide if you want to reset wheel data on manual reconnect. Also I removed a bug that causes wheel counters to reset on entering settings pane.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seba said:

In new WheelLog version there is an option to decide if you want to reset wheel data on manual reconnect. Also I removed a bug that causes wheel counters to reset on entering settings pane.

Yaaaaay!!!  Sometimes it's the small changes that can make a massive difference ;)

Thanks bro! 

Yeah, mine logged the whole trip, even after I closed all apps once,along with the wheel being off for an hour.   I'm a little blown away but what it shows for current and power spikes.   My Nikola had peaks of 98+A, almost 8000W, which seems like more than the wheel was designed to produce.

https://euc.world/tour/575803514399088

1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

Yeah, mine logged the whole trip, even after I closed all apps once,along with the wheel being off for an hour.   I'm a little blown away but what it shows for current and power spikes.   My Nikola had peaks of 98+A, almost 8000W, which seems like more than the wheel was designed to produce.

https://euc.world/tour/575803514399088

You have to make your tour visible :) Gotway in contrast to other wheels doesn't report real battery current. Instead they report motor phase current, which only a rough and arbitrary value representing motor load. Spikes above 100 A are not uncommon :)

• Like 1

Wow, i HAVE TO TRY THIS OUT.

Just updated palazh version from 2.0.04 to 2.0.23 and it has lost the main functions pedal mode and tilt back speed on Gotway Tesla. Probably wheel alarms didabling as well (no beeps from wheel)

Glad i found this fork, maybe you should add something to the name to make it easy to know which version one has installed?

If speed alarm in headphones work while at same time listening to music then i am SOLD :-) Samsung support dual BT audio so should work i guess

ILL BE BACK and tell you how ot works on samsung galaxy s9+ android 9 one ui 1.0

11 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Wow, i HAVE TO TRY THIS OUT.

Just updated palazh version from 2.0.04 to 2.0.23 and it has lost the main functions pedal mode and tilt back speed on Gotway Tesla. Probably wheel alarms didabling as well (no beeps from wheel)

Glad i found this fork, maybe you should add something to the name to make it easy to know which version one has installed?

If speed alarm in headphones work while at same time listening to music then i am SOLD :-) Samsung support dual BT audio so should work i guess

ILL BE BACK and tell you how ot works on samsung galaxy s9+ android 9 one ui 1.0

Tested as above v 2.0.28:

Wheel setting menu

- light (strobe on off). Works, but also changes led pattern at each change to off. Same way mike physical button works. No biggie, but would be sweet to isolate the functions. One light only and one ring light selection menu :-) Also here it beeped as confirmation one time in the middle of testing out of 10 light changes. Otherwise no beep confirm.

- alarm mode: to be tested

- pedal mode = WORKS (but no beep confirmation). Soft mode is soo horrible, medium hard are more similar. Reason i think it works is that if wheel is idling and i listen when changing setting, the wheel makes "more noise" initially when changing to "hard" (but then fades down more quiet), when i change to soft it keeps "quiet" (no raised sound from motor when idling). ONE TIME when changing back and fotward i heard a confirmation beep (after maybe 10-15tries). Could be that comms are sent to quick? Would really love confirmation beep on important/safety wheel settings back (worked in old original 2.0.04 version for the tesla)

- Wheel speed limit (tilt back speed), does not work. Tested 20km/h and easily rode 40km/h still no tiltback. Worked in 2.0.04 original app.

- Calibration. What does it do? Not seen before and nothing happens when pressed. Is it the upright angle?

- my Wheel is gotway mcm: not checked

- battery voltage, works, set to 84V, but. My wheel is 84V tesla. App reports 82V when battery 97% and wheel idle. Isn't that to low?

Alarm settings menu:

- Speed alarm highest priority. 20km/h 100% WORKS! Says "slow down" in headphones while listening to music. COOOOOL :-D LOVE IT! If i could ask for one thing it would be, slow down speed is xx km/h especially since you can set multiple speed alarms

- Speed alarm medium priority. Set to 0km/h (and qlso tried 2km/h), battery 95%. 

I wanted to use this as a battery alarm (just chose 95% since battery was full) but when i started riding and battery dropped to 90% no alarm was heard. I rode below 20km/h not to set of high priority alarm but no go.

- speed alarm 3: not tested

- Current: set to 97A. Kept going off every time I started rolling even smoothly? When looking in graph sometimes it showed above 97A and sometimes not. Raised it to 140A and it got quiet. Changed back to 97A and now suddenly it was quiet ??? Need to test more. Keeps coming on every now and then when starting. Maybe a small filter time that can be set so that only continuous high current gives alarm? 100A for 1 second is no danger, but for long time like uphill can be bad for the cables.

- Temperature: 60deg no alarm. 30deg gives continous alarm prompts as long as temp is above 30. Also superseeds "timely info" which is CORRECT. One minor issue though. As temp alarm keeps repeating a small prompt row with "ok" button is shown on bottom row of phone and this EXACTLY covers the temp setting menu item, so you cant change the alarm level unless you turn off wheel or disconnect (or temp goes below set level of course). Realy minor detail but thought id being it up anyway  as its just a matter of adding a "spare row" in the menu to be able to scroll one rown higher and bring temp alarm above the prompt.

Distance, wheel distance, user distance were all reset when installing the app. Total distance was kept 2485Km (i guess reported from wheel?)

Working 

- Wheel Audio/warning simoultaneous with music in head phones 🥰😍🤩 it even "fades in" just like navigation does over music. Frekkin awesome :-) Thus no dual BT connection needed :-) THE best function BY A MILE. I hate to ride without music and even if i barely ever hear the beeps above 40-45km/h anyway. Thats why I have tiltback set at 45, then it just manage to slow down at 49km/h during hard accel.

BEST FORK EVER. Hope you can fix tiltback and confirmation beep on telsa safety features :-)

i am sooo gonna register, the web page is the coolest thing on EUC ever made. Not only working for ONE manufacturer, but all us fellow EUC'ers. Sooo cool i allmost cry :-) of joy of course

5€ donated, hope to give more in the future since your work is awesome :-D and the audio alarms might save me from injuries :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

Sorry guys, a basic question... I cannot make the Pause work. Let'say I ride to the metro station, Pause (I don't want the kms with metro be counted in the tour) and when I start riding again, I take off Pause. 

It did not work properly (the whole trip is on the tour), and for sure at least once the Pause was already off when I went to take it off). 

On the train I used the phone so Wheellog was not in the foreground anymore, maybe this impacts? 

https://euc.world/tour/575878648223000

Just remember NOT to press the back button while in the app cause it closes it, just hit home button and use other apps, i switch from app to app all the time, recording videos, livestreaming etc. WheelLog is in the back doing it's thing :P (eating my battery in 5 sec intervals :D ahahhaha)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Just remember NOT to press the back button while in the app cause it closes it, just hit home button and use other apps, i switch from app to app all the time, recording videos, livestreaming etc. WheelLog is in the back doing it's thing :P (eating my battery in 5 sec intervals :D ahahhaha)

Well, maybe I did not explain myself correctly... my problem is exactly the other way around, WheelLog does too much.... 

I think I could also Finish the tour and then use the Start new segment option... maybe Pause expects you don't move while Paused? 

On 6/13/2019 at 7:07 PM, Seba said:

Works like a charm, thanks! 

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you: In the "Fast & Furious" section of the site, is only avg. speed from tours taken into account, or from all riding done? 

Have a good Sunday! 

Edited by travsformation

This fork is simply AMAZING 😍

My first log attached (i found the new page in the app, thought it would auto log but have to start each log with the play button). Seems like auto save to google drive wont work. I select user, but it unticks the box when i come back to wheel log menu.

The eucworld page:

It even shows speed on the map in green (slow/standstill) to yellow (mid) to red (close to max, i guess based on what younset as max for the dial in the WL app?)

Best of all, you can see online riders. If people start to use this in scale it will be so easy to meet.

Maybe add a check box button "looking for fellow riders" and turn those riders green on the map, "online but dont want to ride with others" "yellow" offline black.

This is for sure thr biggest step in WL since it hatched :-)

thanks for a great fork

Boogie

Screenshot_20190616-163337_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-163011_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Coco66 said:

Sorry guys, a basic question... I cannot make the Pause work. Let'say I ride to the metro station, Pause (I don't want the kms with metro be counted in the tour) and when I start riding again, I take off Pause. 

This is intentional. Pause button is mainly intended to show on the map that you took a break. It will still record your mileage, wheel data and track. In addition, when you are "paused", if you turn off the wheel without disconnecting, you won't get connection lost beeps. If you want to stop tour recording, just finish it. Soon I'll implement tour segments, currently it's not working (regardless of setting, new tour is started).

A question regarding the log.

Doesn't it seem strange that my gotway tesla output 6KW peak and around 1.5-3KW continous? Wheel is rated around 2KW (1900W some say, others 2000W) but according to this page peak motor should be 4Kw

https://www.hawkvine.com/electric-unicycle/gotway-tesla-electric-unicycle-850wh-1020wh-battery-2000w-power-motor-16inch-top-speed-50kmh/

On the other hand i have set current alarm to 97A and that comes on pretty frequent (taking off, breaking, accelerating hard out of a corner, going over bumps at speed).

Also it seems very strange that the voltage drops from 80 to 72 V over a 10km ride (battery drops 80 to 45%) or is that normal stats for a 84V 1000Ah wheel?

Thanks again for a great app that makes me learn more about my ride style and the effects on the wheel. :-)

Screenshot_20190617-210805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d64bc0fba514afc2827ffaebcc2016a.jpg

Edited by Boogieman

3 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Doesn't it seem strange that my gotway tesla output 6KW peak and around 1.5-3KW continous? Wheel is rated around 2KW (1900W some say, others 2000W) but according to this page peak motor should be 4Kw

It's normal for Gotway wheel. Unlike other makes, Gotway doesn't send battery current to the connected app, but sends motor phase current. In general it reflects motor load, but is more an arbitrary value and should not be confused with battery current. This is because current flow in three-phase BLDC motor is more complicated. With 84V MSX and Tesla spikes up to 120 A should be considered normal. They are not "real" amps and watts, use it only for reference.

11 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Also it seems very strange that the voltage drops from 80 to 72 V over a 10km ride (battery drops 80 to 45%) or is that normal stats for a 84V 1000Ah wheel?

It's hard to tell from such short trip. Voltage drop at the first kilometer may be considered normal, as there is a change from "idle" voltage to "under load" voltage. From what I see from your charts you've been riding faster at the end (and probably going uphill), so it may be the cause of additional 15% drop. Just keep track on your future rides and examine charts :)

• Like 1

Hello fellas!

Currently "Top riders" section is calculated from total user history. Well, this may (and probably is) creating confusing results. What do you think about narrowing this to - say - last 30 days? I think it would better reflect latest uses activity, make "Top riders" results more fair and actual, and will also focus on actual, not historical user activity. In this case users that were active long time ago but are inactive for some time won't be high ranked. I'll be glad to hear your opinions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

A question regarding the log.

https://www.hawkvine.com/electric-unicycle/gotway-tesla-electric-unicycle-850wh-1020wh-battery-2000w-power-motor-16inch-top-speed-50kmh/

On the other hand i have set current alarm to 97A and that comes on pretty frequent (taking off, breaking, accelerating hard out of a corner, going over bumps at speed).

Thanks again for a great app that makes me learn more about my ride style and the effects on the wheel. :-)

Screenshot_20190617-210805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d64bc0fba514afc2827ffaebcc2016a.jpg

As @Seba. said....GW is showing motor phase current, and not real battery current! (and because of that Watts are also totally off)

Divide the GW numbers by 3 if not even 4 and you have a more realistic number.

An app developer, i dont remember who, a while ago said that only the 18S/L/XL shows REAL battery current, when he was aked go make a „watthour/km“ consumption value.......

Edited by US69
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Seba said:

Hello fellas!

Currently "Top riders" section is calculated from total user history. Well, this may (and probably is) creating confusing results. What do you think about narrowing this to - say - last 30 days? I think it would better reflect latest uses activity, make "Top riders" results more fair and actual, and will also focus on actual, not historical user activity. In this case users that were active long time ago but are inactive for some time won't be high ranked. I'll be glad to hear your opinions.

As the EUC.world representative for Japan, I vote YES 😉

• Like 2