5 hours ago, Seba said:
15 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Yeah about that, how about having the website fully translated !??!

It would be great and I'm planning translation, but first I want to make this site complete. There are still features waiting on my "todo" list :)

Wow! Great! Well, you can count on me for any translations to Spanish that you need :)  Let me know when you have any documentation or site sections that are finished and ready to translation :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Seba said:

Oh, guys - you don't read what I write :P:P :P:

Ooopsss...:efef2e0fff:

• Like 1

Hey @Seba, I've started hacking on WheelLog to make some bug fixes for my usecases (Rockwheel GT16 detection bug, and Google Drive CSV line endings). Should I submit pull requests to you, or will you be merging changes from @palachzzz as well?

By the way, setting up Google Drive export seems to be broken.

Also, if you intend to be the canonical maintainer of WheelLog moving forward, could you update the Play Store version as well instead of just distributing APKs please? That would help provide an upgrade path for existing users without losing existing WheelLog settings.

Edited by hyperair
adding links
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Seba said:

I applied this patch, thanks. I plan to publish new release within few days, my GitHub repo will be updated just after release.

Cool, thanks!

Google Drive API used in WheelLog is deprecated and Google will completely shutdown this API in December 2019. Solution for this would be switching to new Drive REST API, but now I'm considering other option - create possibility to upload logs to euc.world account. There is already log analyzer/viewer I've made some time and published at https://wheellogviewer.net - I think it could be a good idea to improve it and merge with euc.world as one of it's functionality.

I see. Could you please make it so that the CSVs can be downloaded from the euc.world account as well (and potentially bulk-downloaded) then? I've used https://wheellogviewer.net before and it is very nice, but sometimes I would like to play with data in more ways than wheellogviewer will permit. For example, I have a bunch of gnuplot scripts at https://github.com/hyperair/wheellog-gnuplot and an OpenSCAD rendering of the tilt and roll columns in the CSVs dumped from Inmotion wheels.

I don't have access to Kevin Cooper's Google Play Store developer account. However it's not a main problem, as I talked to @palachzzz and we could theoretically merge both branches so he can push update to Play Store. Now the main problem is with merge. Last days I've made massive changes to WheelLog source code. Some classes were significantly rewritten. Some new classes added. In general application architecture changed. All these changes may cause merging branches to be very problematic. Second, currently WheelLog user interface is being changed. There are lot of new options, but I also had to make some changes than could initally upset some "more conservative" WheelLog users that got used to the old one. There are also some other problems, but it's a longer story.

So now I'm considering to rename package and upload to Play Store, so it won't conflict nor compete with original version. This will also make possible to have both versions installed at the same time, so anyone could use & test both versions and decide which works better for him.

That sounds like a very good idea to me. Adding an import/export settings feature on both versions would also be great to ease user migration between the WheelLog versions.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Seba said:

[...]So now I'm considering to rename package and upload to Play Store, so it won't conflict nor compete with original version. This will also make possible to have both versions installed at the same time, so anyone could use & test both versions and decide which works better for him.

I was about to suggest something like that. The different name, playstore etc.

It would be great to mention on the website that uninstalling the Google Play (or other) versions will also wipe things like user distance / top speed / etc. Some folks might be sentimental about it and could at least screencap it first. Alas, mine is lost to not having thought of it.

• Like 3

Hi Seba, 

I realized that the "remember me" login does not really work properly, I have to login again - not sure if next day or what, but it keeps happening. 

This happens on Windows Chrome and Android Chrome as well. 

Let me know if I should dig into some debugging info for you (cookies?). 

Edited by Coco66

40 minutes ago, Coco66 said:

I realized that the "remember me" login does not really work properly, I have to login again - not sure if next day or what, but it keeps happening. 

This happens on Windows Chrome and Android Chrome as well. 

Let me know if I should dig into some debugging info for you (cookies?). 

Currently there is a limitation of active login sessions to just one. So if you log in from one device and then log in from another (or even from another browser on the same device), first device/browser login will be logged off. But I know it's annoying limitation, so now I'm reworking this part so it will be possible to be logged simultaneously from many devices/browsers at the same time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, uekarashi said:

It would be great to mention on the website that uninstalling the Google Play (or other) versions will also wipe things like user distance / top speed / etc. Some folks might be sentimental about it and could at least screencap it first. Alas, mine is lost to not having thought of it.

Good point, I completely forgot about it. Maybe because I don't use this option as I rely on total mileage counter builtin into my wheels. However I'll make warning about clearing user data, thank you for letting me know about it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seba said:

Good point, I completely forgot about it. Maybe because I don't use this option as I rely on total mileage counter builtin into my wheels. However I'll make warning about clearing user data, thank you for letting me know about it.

Excellent. Luckily for me in this specific case, @hyperairfigured out how to restore my user distance ^_^

• Like 2

Thanks for great updates to the app @Seba!

Some nits:

V 2.0.28 on Pixel 3 XL

On the graph page the left Y axis is marked km/h even though I have my preferences set for mph (and the actual graph data shows mph)

I get constant disconnects from my V8, every 10-20 seconds. It typically reconnects within a few seconds so perhaps could add some basic connection retry logic before announcing disconnects (like if connection is dropped due to timeout try again a couple of times within next five seconds), assuming there isn't one already in place (in which case the parameters may need tuning)

I guess this is definitely a wishlist item, @Seba, but it would be great if since you might eventually have autoupload to euc.world, for tours to be able to be generated based on that CSV upload, ala strava gpx upload.

Just a clarify: do I need to have both wheel logging and tour record on, in order to have wheel data show up under the tour map on euc.world? 

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Care to share how you did it? Kept app data or something different!?

Well, WheelLog stores "user distance" data as the "totaldistance" value as of the first time you connected WheelLog to it. Then your user distance is the current "totaldistance" value minus the original value. So @uekarashi calculated the value of "totaldistance"  as at the date of purchase of her wheel from a mix of old WheelLog CSVs and Strava routes. Then I ran an adb backup of just WheelLog, which produced a backup file containing WheelLog data. I unpacked it using https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27840175, edited the WheelLog.xml file, repacked it, and restored the backup.

Edited by hyperair
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, Seba said:

There is already log analyzer/viewer I've made some time and published at https://wheellogviewer.net - I think it could be a good idea to improve it and merge with euc.world as one of it's functionality.

@Seba, dude. Stuff you make went from awesome to iconic with that reader. It's THE TOOL I've been searching for. By all means, just link it to EUC.world, or iframe it, and if possible - make the logs publishable as tours in the profiles... And once again - just marvelous tool!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seba said:

I'm seriously considering this feature, so you can ride with WheelLog totally offline and later create a tour based on CSV log file. This could be a good solution especially if you're riding in areas with problematic network coverage. So you could use CSV log data to create or supplement tour data in case of any discontinuity due to temporary network loss.

This would be so awesome <3

• Like 1

I just did a couple tours and really like the tool.   The terrain profile comes from what information, it looks very off?   Also interesting that the GPS has my 16S going 36mph.   I must have gone through another speed warp,  or I inadvertently ate a magic mushroom. :eff034a94a:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

I just did a couple tours and really like the tool.   The terrain profile comes from what information, it looks very off?   Also interesting that the GPS has my 16S going 36mph.   I must have gone through another speed warp,  or I inadvertently ate a magic mushroom. :eff034a94a:

It's possibly due to a GPS bad reading. When device doesn't "catch" enough satellites, it can't triangulate exact position, so it puts you somewhere on the map based on the readings it has. In the next moment, when it does read enough (or just more) satellites it starts to fine-tune position, which causes your "dot" on the map to move rapidly to adjust accordingly. This often causes bad readings in GPS speed, as your dot moves distances for split second, and also causes bad readings in altitude due to the same shortcoming of GPS work regime. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

I just did a couple tours and really like the tool.   The terrain profile comes from what information, it looks very off?

It's based on Japanese ALOS World 3D - 30m (AW3D30): https://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/aw3d30/index.htm - it may be off in urban areas just like any other digital elevation model, there are also some inaccuracies in the measurements. However this chart is of an auxiliary nature and, in combination with the speed, is used to evaluate the power consumption. It's not supposed to be of super accuracy ;)

11 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Also interesting that the GPS has my 16S going 36mph.

Well, this mostly depends on GPS signal quality and some other factors. GPS may be significantly off in dense urban areas, as GPS signal reflects from the buildings causing errors in distance measurement. It's also dependent on GPS receiver quality and it varies significantly from device to device. For example, GPS receiver built in my Sony Xperia Z5 phone is a piece of sh*t. In the same conditions GPS in my CAT S60 performs very well.

• Like 2

The (your) wheel log app keeps on disconnecting shortly after locking my screen and never saves the log file. Does it save it in a different place than the original wheel log?

6 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

The (your) wheel log app keeps on disconnecting shortly after locking my screen and never saves the log file. Does it save it in a different place than the original wheel log?

It does save to a different location, at least for me - 

- old wheellog saves to Internal Storage/Downloads/WheeLog Logs/

- this wheellog saves to Internal Storage/WheelLog/Logs/

Edited by uekarashi
hit submit early like an idiot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

What phone are you using? I mean make, model and Android version? Some phones use aggresive power saving and that may cause apps going background to be killed or paused. Xiaomi and Huawei phones tends to be especially problematic in this matter.

As @uekarashi wrote, new WheelLog save logs to its own WheelLog/Logs folder in root directory of internal storage. It has been changes, as new WheelLog also can save photos taken during tour recording. Creating another directory in Downloads would lead to mess. Now everything that is WheelLog related will be stored in separate, dedicated WheelLog folder.

• Like 2