Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I’m stuck at 20 km/h and cannot change simple speed settings. @Micheal Shen What is this binding problem? Is it related to the speed setting?

U can check the speed settings in APP when you connect it with the wheel. If the wheel is not unbinded, the Pedal Tilt-back speed will be 20km/h.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2019 at 9:12 AM, Nick McCutcheon said:

Ah, that makes sense. 1.11 is what I’m on, so you likely wouldn’t have this issue. Thanks for the suggestion, but enabling/disabling voice prompts in both the green and blue apps doesn’t get rid of it. I don’t know of a third party app that can control voice prompts.

Enabling/disabling voice prompts is available in latest APP (Android V3.1.1, IOS V1.2) with the latest firmware on the wheel.

Please download the latest APP version from Kingsong website https://www.kingsong.com/list-30.html , or from Itunes.

When install the latest version APP, then upgrade the firmware. Since V3.0.9 have some crashes on low Android version phone.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

U can check the speed settings in APP when you connect it with the wheel. If the wheel is not unbinded, the Pedal Tilt-back speed will be 20km/h.

Yes, I use the app to check the speed settings. But what the hell is unbinded??? How do I make it binded?

I bought a wheel advertised as 50 km/h and I’m stuck at 20 km/h because I don’t know how to make it “binded” and the app is horrible to use. How would a normal user not here on the forum ever find out how to “bind” a wheel? What does that even mean? Why cannot it just be a simple function on the app?

Can you just guide me step by step how to use your app? The wheel is unusable and dangerous with this limitation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Yes, I use the app to check the speed settings. But what the hell is unbinded??? How do I make it binded?

I bought a wheel advertised as 50 km/h and I’m stuck at 20 km/h because I don’t know how to make it “binded” and the app is horrible to use. How would a normal user not here on the forum ever find out how to “bind” a wheel? What does that even mean? Why cannot it just be a simple function on the app?

Can you just guide me step by step how to use your app? The wheel is unusable and dangerous with this limitation. 

I record a video in our Kingsong Intel Co., Ltd group in facebook, and u can search. Or u can add my facebook, i can send u directly.

Sorry the video size is exceed 3.13MB and I can't attach it here.

image.png.e97c5e9039decf4afdbcbf4b1bf92eba.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Micheal Shen said:

I record a video in our Kingsong Intel Co., Ltd group in facebook, and u can search. Or u can add my facebook, i can send u directly.

Sorry the video size is exceed 3.13MB and I can't attach it here.

image.png.e97c5e9039decf4afdbcbf4b1bf92eba.png

This is what I see.

A987D476-D142-4405-8C23-13871351B960.jpeg

17 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

This is what I see.

A987D476-D142-4405-8C23-13871351B960.jpeg

can u please show me the serial number and i can check this issue?

Bcz in some coutries, we have sole agent, and only provide after-sale service to sole agent. Other sources, we don't provide after-sale serivce.

I just got my new 18XL from eWheels yesterday and ran into some issues with speed setting, but I was using the previous android version of KingSong’s app (Orange & White 1.54).  I was able to set everything like horizontal calibration, voice to beeps, lights,etc. with the older app, but no luck with speed settings.  I also have last year’s 18L, among other wheels, so I am experienced with setting up a KingSong wheel and never had any issues using the older app.......no problems setting speed with 18L at both unlock points (5km & 200km).

So after trying many times with two different android phones I finally decided to try the newest KingSong Android app (ver 3.1.1) (the dark blue one pictured in above posts). The first issue was that the new app wouldn’t recognize my existing KingSong account, which I have had, and used for the last three years!  So I went on the assumption that possibly the latest app is running on a different server, and simply went through the registration process with the new app as if I was a new customer using the same cell phone number that my KingSong account has always been registered with.

After this re-registration process I was then able to connect to the new 18XL with no issues and was able to seamlessly set the speed to my next setting of 40kmh since I had already ridden the required 5km to unlock to 40kmh. And of course after completing the next required point of 200km I should be able to unlock with the new app to 50kmh.

This process was a bit frustrating, but after coming to the conclusion that the new app is possibly running on a different server and going through the new app registration process I am back in business...........I hope this helps someone else that is trying to unlock speed settings on new 18XL.

I doubt that I would have ever had any success unlocking speed with this new wheel on the old app, they must be in the process of switching over to the new app on a new server, at least this has been my experience..............so if you’re having issues setting speed with old orange/white app on the 18XL go ahead and give the new Android app a try (ver 3.1.1).

The wheels and factory apps have their own issues and drawbacks, but keep at it, keep persevering because these new wheels are definitely worth the effort!!

Good Luck to all 😁😎

• Like 3

Reflects my actual experience to. Yesterday I unboxed my KS 18L after its 12 week journey from Shenzen and tried to unlock it. Being aware of the hazzle described here I started with old KS app (V1.52 I think) to avoid failure or bricking. Unfortunatelly had to find out that this POS works in no way anymore. I think there was rumor around here the old servers were shutdown by April 10th. That would explain all those reports here about this issue.

So I had to bite the bullet and installed the actual KS app (V3.11 if I'm not wrong). Having luck this time the process of registration and unlocking went rather smooth from then on. My wheel was on FW 1.11 already. I hope I will never have to play that "all or nothing" challenge again...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My KS18XL is DEAD.

I usually never use the KS app. Only to change the lights, but last night I opened the app to check my total distance traveled on my wheel since I purchased it back in Feb of this year.  I received a message that I needed to upgrade the firmware.  The app version showing in the app under SETTINGS and Version Update is  3.1.1.  I don't remember what FW version it wanted to upgrade to (I'll check when I get back home).  Like others have stated in this forum, the upgrade completed to 100% but the wheel never rebooted.  The lights stayed off but the wheel is hard to turn.  I closed the app and logged back in as instructed by the app if failure occurs, but no change.  When logging back into the app it asked if I'd like to continue with the upgrade as it did not complete.  But it said 100%!!!   Once I click ok, the msg goes away and nothing happens.  No progress wheel or anything to show it is completing the process. 

Out of curiosity, I let it sit like this over night.  In the morning same thing.. In the app if I click on any options, it pops up the msg to complete the upgrade.  Once clicked, nothing happens.  The only why to turn off the wheel is to hold down the power button for 5 secs or so then it powers off.  If I press again to power on, no lights but it beeps once.  The wheel is hard to turn, which means the motor is engaged, but no lights... Like its dead.

Any tips or ideas on where to go from here?

It might have crashed and the controller keeping the motor engaged? Stepper motors do that when powered.

you could try disconnecting the batteries to make sure all is restarted.

3 hours ago, Deltaman33 said:

My KS18XL is DEAD.

I usually never use the KS app. Only to change the lights, but last night I opened the app to check my total distance traveled on my wheel since I purchased it back in Feb of this year.  I received a message that I needed to upgrade the firmware.  The app version showing in the app under SETTINGS and Version Update is  3.1.1.  I don't remember what FW version it wanted to upgrade to (I'll check when I get back home).  Like others have stated in this forum, the upgrade completed to 100% but the wheel never rebooted.  The lights stayed off but the wheel is hard to turn.  I closed the app and logged back in as instructed by the app if failure occurs, but no change.  When logging back into the app it asked if I'd like to continue with the upgrade as it did not complete.  But it said 100%!!!   Once I click ok, the msg goes away and nothing happens.  No progress wheel or anything to show it is completing the process. 

Out of curiosity, I let it sit like this over night.  In the morning same thing.. In the app if I click on any options, it pops up the msg to complete the upgrade.  Once clicked, nothing happens.  The only why to turn off the wheel is to hold down the power button for 5 secs or so then it powers off.  If I press again to power on, no lights but it beeps once.  The wheel is hard to turn, which means the motor is engaged, but no lights... Like its dead.

Any tips or ideas on where to go from here?

As I already said, the same thing happened to me, i returned the ks18Lto my reseller, 2 weeks ago, no news. I personnaly think the motherboard is dead, like when you fail a firmware update on any electronic device.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:44 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Michael, can you instruct this Developer to remove these geo-restrictions. The Manufacturer should not be imposing arbitrary restrictions on Customer hardware. Once a Customer has paid for the equipment, it is theirs to do as they like with it. As is seen here, these ring-fencing measures are ill-conceived & poorly implemented, creating a lot of unnecessary frustration & work for everyone.

I appreciate you participating on the forum, so you can experience this first-hand.

Geo-restrictions, for the moment, is just a methods to protect the benefit for exclusive agent. This thing was decided before i joined Kingsong. Please kindly understand our Kingsong! Those exclusive agent have maken significant efforts to promote our brand.

If u have such restrictions, u can contact me and i will release your wheel according to the serial number and your case.

1 hour ago, Micheal Shen said:

Geo-restrictions, for the moment, is just a methods to protect the benefit for exclusive agent. This thing was decided before i joined Kingsong. Please kindly understand our Kingsong! Those exclusive agent have maken significant efforts to promote our brand.

If u have such restrictions, u can contact me and i will release your wheel according to the serial number and your case.

What worries me is that “for the moment.” I will make sure not to use your app as I cannot be sure what it will do to my expensive wheel. 

Does this also mean that people in countries with exclusive agent cannot purchase wheels online? Are they risking buying a brick if they happen to have exclusive agent? When I had my new wheel locked by you, you first asked for my location. There was really no warning that there might be an exclusive agent in my country and no way to know that. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it seems I’ve understood correctly. In Italy the regulation for all personal transporters is about to come out, before the summer; from the rumors, it seems to be tailored to the growing lobby of electric scooters market: while scooters can go up to 20 km/h on sidewalks and cycle paths (not much, but in the city it's already something), EUCs can (ridiculously) ride only on sidewalks at a speed of 6 km/h; and, to be legal, only CE marked wheels and with a built-in speed limiter. Personally, it would mean goodbye to the EUC...

If the commercial restrictions must keep the interests of the importer (which I understand, and partially agree with), who can guarantee that tomorrow that speed legal limits may not be remotely imposed on EUCs riding in my country? This was wisely predicted long time ago on the French forum, when the first versions of the geo-localized InMotion app were released for the same commercial reasons.

I am very upset about the potential direction towards which the remote management of our EUCs is going; they don’t have the cost to be treated as children's toys ...

However, it is already something that the factory admits it's technically possible...

Edited by MaxMi

13 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Nevermind

@Lutalo my bad.. I missed your original post.  Just getting back in town.  After contacting Michael @Kingsong I got my wheel back up and running, but we had to use a developers app to load the firmware and not the KS 3.1.1. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 6:31 AM, Deltaman33 said:

@Lutalo my bad.. I missed your original post.  Just getting back in town.  After contacting Michael @Kingsong I got my wheel back up and running, but we had to use a developers app to load the firmware and not the KS 3.1.1. 

No worries. I realized that your post was old. Figured that you had it worked out and my response was unnecessary. Glad your on point now. :thumbup:

Edited by Lutalo

• 2 weeks later...

I’m so bummed out. 

I bought a used kingsong 18l as my first wheel. It said “speed limited at 20kmh” at top but I was never limited. I went just about 30mph and it was never a problem.

then like a fool I went and got the app and updated it and then it said “60kmh” instead of 20 but now it says 40 and I just went 25mph and the wheels went backward and almost threw me off!!!  Please someone tell me there is a way to fix this. Otherwise I’m selling it and getting a gotway ASAP 

My Kingsong app is having the reoccurring issue of closing or stopping working constantly.

I was having the speed limit problem. But reinstalling the app using the website instead of the play store fixed it.

Really would like to know to stop getting a pop-up saying my app stopped working even when I'm doing anything else on my phone and I don't even have the app running.. because apparently it's forever running in the background.... 🤔😤 

18 hours ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

My Kingsong app is having the reoccurring issue of closing or stopping working constantly.

I was having the speed limit problem. But reinstalling the app using the website instead of the play store fixed it.

Really would like to know to stop getting a pop-up saying my app stopped working even when I'm doing anything else on my phone and I don't even have the app running.. because apparently it's forever running in the background.... 🤔😤 

Yeah, I've had that happening all month. I just ignore it and tap elsewhere on the screen.