Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

1 hour ago, binks00 said:

You can long press the app and go straight to app details and closer it from there. That's 3 steps wondering on how you count it.

I always force close the inmotion app also or it will drain my battery. Agreed, they need better apps.

You have such a better version of Android. On mine, long-press on the Kingsong app just gives 3 options (Select item, Remove from Home, and Uninstall).  :wacko:

Try Nova Launcher app for Android. It lets you customize your home screen, app tray, icon size, grid size, etc. I use it on all my phones.

I can't say for sure that it will let you long press to app details but I think there is a good chance it will.

Hey guys, my wheel is bricked and I am trying to upgrade from firmware version 1.11, but my app says that it is the latest version and displays "net error" when trying to update. I am using the latest orange app from ewheels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D3m0nzz said:

Hey guys, my wheel is bricked and I am trying to upgrade from firmware version 1.11, but my app says that it is the latest version and displays "net error" when trying to update. I am using the latest orange app from ewheels. 

The orange app is obsolete in that it will never update past 1.11 or 1.12    the new blue/white app can get you to 1.13 but my wheel got bricked also when upgrading from 1.11 it has happened to many people unfortunately. Go to kingsongs website and download the new app and try to connect. Hopefully you can wake up your wheel. And use Apple products if you can.

2 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

The orange app is obsolete in that it will never update past 1.11 or 1.12    the new blue/white app can get you to 1.13 but my wheel got bricked also when upgrading from 1.11 it has happened to many people unfortunately. Go to kingsongs website and download the new app and try to connect. Hopefully you can wake up your wheel. And use Apple products if you can.

Oh? I didn't realize that the ewheels linked app was no good! I will try this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, RoadRunner said:

Hello everyone 

I was just reading a report from @RoberAce on Facebook that his wheel is completely dead after upgrading the new firmware.

He writes that the firmware upgrade was stuck and then he couldn’t turn off his wheel at all and the sidelights where shining in brigt white.

He then disconnected the batteries, reconnected them but the wheel stays dead.

I just want to know if anybody has similar problems and what to do or not do, so me or others dont get in the same situation.

In the same line of problems, I just bought a new KS 18XL and downloaded the android app from their website onto my tablet, and installed it. I enabled permission for location and storage. When I opened the app, I requested permission to:

1) allow Kingsong to make and manage phone calls on my device???

2) access photos, media, and files on my device???

3) take pictures and record videos from my device???

4) record audio from my device???

If I do not allow these permissions, the app returns that it cannot open unless these permissions are granted. the only two choices it gives is cancel which it freezes there, or "ok" which cycles through these requests. I am not going to give Kingsong permission to invade my privacy to that extent just to ride their wheel. My wheel remains a beeping brick just the same. Kingsong app is downright frustrating to say the least. I which I never would have bought this wheel. I anyone has another way to unlock this wheel, I'm all ears.

2 hours ago, Benphysics said:

In the same line of problems, I just bought a new KS 18XL and downloaded the android app from their website onto my tablet, and installed it. I enabled permission for location and storage. When I opened the app, I requested permission to:

1) allow Kingsong to make and manage phone calls on my device???

2) access photos, media, and files on my device???

3) take pictures and record videos from my device???

4) record audio from my device???

If I do not allow these permissions, the app returns that it cannot open unless these permissions are granted. the only two choices it gives is cancel which it freezes there, or "ok" which cycles through these requests. I am not going to give Kingsong permission to invade my privacy to that extent just to ride their wheel. My wheel remains a beeping brick just the same. Kingsong app is downright frustrating to say the least. I which I never would have bought this wheel. I anyone has another way to unlock this wheel, I'm all ears.

Grant the requested permissions to KS app, unlock your wheel, unlock the speed limit to avoid driving 200km at 20km/h, set the driving style preference and uninstall the KS app.

Then, install WheelLog and enjoy the fantastic wheel you bought.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rwent1 said:

I had the same reservations about the permissions that the KS app required. Why would it need to make/manage phone calls and record video/audio?

As ninebot app, you allow the access to video in order to activate the camera as background of KS app. So, for instance, you can record speed and theview from the cam at the same time.

I allready said it in another thread...the KS app needs the same permissions as ANY other wheel/Euc app that includes social media and maps.

That are GPS location for the maps, messges for social media  and photo, video and mike, because of the maps inlcuded and the camera/mike function to record with speedometer. I guess also file system cause you need to storage the recorded files.

KS app doesnt need permisson to make calls......

@Micheal Shen or @US69 can you share some light about limited app functionality due to "server offline" issue happening?

Please take this feedback too:

A  ) Android app ver 3.1.3 (and since 3.1.1) has been Very unstable (at least on my Android 9.0, Samsung Note8).

B ) And I would love an app that didn't have all the Chinese social things. Simple wheel controls only. 

C  ) App doesn't need to run on max speed cpu core on the phone, a low speed cpu core should be sufficient IMHO. It is all about managing resources 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Micheal Shen or @US69 can you share some light about limited app functionality due to "server offline" issue happening?

Yesterday the Servers have been offline, they should be up today again.

Yes, Setting the Speed requires the Server, as KS checks if you "signed" for the faster Speed....also for "Chinese Grey imported Wheel" (ONLY in exclusice seller Country)

On 7/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, US69 said:

I allready said it in another thread...the KS app needs the same permissions as ANY other wheel/Euc app that includes social media and maps.

That are GPS location for the maps, messges for social media  and photo, video and mike, because of the maps inlcuded and the camera/mike function to record with speedometer. I guess also file system cause you need to storage the recorded files.

KS app doesnt need permisson to make calls......

Why do you say KS app does not need permission to make calls?  It always asks for this permission, which is one reason I have not yet used it. (I got my KS16S back in the good old days of the green app, still the best version.)

• Like 1

Something is really wrong with my KS 18XL. I went to update the KS App to 1.13

As the firmware was updating, white lights, one at a time, would light up, showing the progress. After the firmware update to 1.13 was complete  (?)  all the white lights remained lit, the power was on and the wheel seemed locked up. It was hard to move it back and forth. I could not get any response from it. All lights remained lit.

I restarted my phone to see if it would reload the firmware  - no change
I deleted and reloaded the KS App (Blue) - no change
I finally removed the case and unplugged the battery - both sides - lights went out.
But,
Now I can't get my wheel to power up and stay powered up
The Bluetooth on my iPhone says it is connected to KSMusic but no Sign of my wheel in the devices but I can access the app

If I hold the power button down I hear the speakers click on, the voice announces “bluetooth connected” and the KS APP seems to connect. But, as soon as I release the power button, the speakers click again and and the APP disconnects. The only way the wheel stays on ( or at least in a limited form)  is if I keep my finger on the power button. When I keep my finger pressed on the power button I can access the app and see what the stats are. 

The firmware stat says

Version 0.00

So, something is really wrong with my wheel and it seems and I cannot use my wheel at this point, at all. Any Thoughts?

18xl dead 01.jpg

IMG_8928.jpeg

IMG_8929.jpeg

1 hour ago, snuckit said:
Something is really wrong with my KS 18XL. I went to update the KS App to 1.13

It's known issue with failed firmware update, but usually it's easy to resolve with special service app. Please contact your dealer for support.

• 3 weeks later...

Still trying to download it. As of now I didn't see any change log yet. 

Update: Never completed successfully, but this morning I did this and it worked for me:

Edited by Unventor

On 7/22/2019 at 4:07 PM, Seba said:

It's known issue with failed firmware update, but usually it's easy to resolve with special service app.

I would like to make the obvious request to King Song: please devise a firmware update system that works properly without needing a special service app!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New KS16X with fw 1.05, should have BT update too. 

I have app/server/wheel communication/connection issues. See this to screen shot. 

On Samsung Note8 with android 9 and app version 3.1.4. 

Edited by Unventor

Hi all,

So I got my KS16S just over a week ago and I've now done 10+ km.

After looking at every EUC thread online I can't seem to unlock it past 20km/h.

I've got version 3.1.4 of the Kingsong app with the wheel binded. The app now prompts me to update to 3.1.7 every time it starts but after 10 minutes of downloading fails to do anything and finishes once hitting 100% only to prompt again.

If I go into speed settings I can move the bars around to wherever I want but I cannot click confirm at the bottom.

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

The app kept trying to find the latest or download itself.... But every time I checked it was still teh same older version.  

I had to uninstall and reinstall the Kingsong app yesterday to get the latest.   I plan on going for a long ride this weekend and see if any of the optimization on the app side works.