Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

On 5/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, Topkek said:

Just got my 18XL today.  

Have the geo restrictive issue.  Can’t adjust speed now I’ve passed 5km. 

What does the firmware update 1.12 do, is it necessary as I’m hesitant to try it?

374A93C6-1264-4B6A-9C4C-377D443D35F8.jpeg

Please contact your dealer and send your Serial Number to him, ask him to contact Kingsong. And i will check to approve it.

On 5/22/2019 at 12:17 AM, erk1024 said:

Which app? The one with the white background, or the one with the blue background?

Have you tried going into the app and setting the warp / tiltback to 50 kph? That's the max for that wheel afaik. It's been mentioned before on the forum that if you try to set it to something higher than the max speed, it won't accept it. And, yes, the fact that the bar indicates 60kph is misleading. Then set the alarms below that with alarm1 < alarm2 < alarm3 < tiltback. (I'm no expert, that's just what I remember from other discussion.)

60kph is not too much for new motor. Don't you like new motor with high power? :)

KS-16X will use new motor, but our APP developer show it too early before it come out. hah

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 10:23 AM, MaxLinux said:

Today I downloaded whatever app version KS has posted here, presumably it's the latest, and it seemed to work fine for me.

https://www.kingsong.com/list-30.html

New app have new features, but some users are not used to it.

So i am here for any APP issues that users will face.

For hardware problems, can contact local dealer to solve.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

New app have new features, but some users are not used to it.

So i am here for any APP issues that users will face.

For hardware problems, can contact local dealer to solve.

Dear Micheal,

Do you know why the KingSong App report for KS18XL a travelled distance nearly 20% higher than the real value? In the attached figure, I show the comparison between the App and both GPS and GIS. I have verified using a Graphical Information System that the GPS measured the length correctly. The constant of proportionality remains nearly the same independently of the travelled distance. I drove a stretch 25 km long, but the App showed 30 km.

Thanks for your answer.

Best wishes,

Patricio

KS.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:13 AM, Smoother said:

Hi Max.  Long time no read. Glad you're back.

Hi Smoother! I was spending more time on drones but still riding my MSuper V2 almost daily. I recently got the KS18XL, so it seemed like a good time to get back into the forums.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

Do you know why the KingSong App report for KS18XL a travelled distance nearly 20% higher than the real value?

This is not the problem with the app, but with the wheel. It reports both distance and speed inflated by 20% and every King Song app, from latest to oldest show this inflated speed and distance. Confirmed with KS-16C, KS-18L and KS-18XL.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I can also confirm that KingSong shows always almost exactly 20% higher distance. Probably the speed is lower also in real life, that I have not measured. 

I always track my rides using gps and every time it has been 20% higher on KS app. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seba said:

This is not the problem with the app, but with the wheel. It reports both distance and speed inflated by 20% and every King Song app, from latest to oldest show this inflated speed and distance. Confirmed with KS-16C, KS-18L and KS-18XL.

Thanks for the info.

Regarding the speed, I believe the GPS is not such accurate as KingSong for the instantaneous value. The average speeds, on the other hand, are similar according to my computations.

velocity.jpg

Edited by Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina

11 minutes ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

Regarding the speed, I believe the GPS is not such accurate as KingSong for the instantaneous value. The average speeds, on the other hand, are similar according to my computations.

You're right. King Song speed readings are shifted by ~20 %, but this factor remains constant and wheel readouts instantly and closely follow real speed. GPS may have spikes and errors, especially in dense urban area or where satellite geometry is poor, but overall they present much more real speed and - especially - distance.

I went for a ride with my friend yesterday. He was on his 18XL and I was on my MSX.
I use Darknessbot for IOS and he uses the Kingsong app.
His speed alarms matched mine and our reported distances where within respectable range as well with his distance even being on the lower side and not higher.

I have measured my speed with GoPro GPS as well and distances with Runkeeper and other GPS.
I have also measured my speed against the top speed of my electric longboard.

6 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I went for a ride with my friend yesterday. He was on his 18XL and I was on my MSX.
I use Darknessbot for IOS and he uses the Kingsong app.
His speed alarms matched mine and our reported distances where within respectable range as well with his distance even being on the lower side and not higher.

I have measured my speed with GoPro GPS as well and distances with Runkeeper and other GPS.
I have also measured my speed against the top speed of my electric longboard.

It's easy to detect by analyzing both wheel and GPS speed measurements on the same graph, with common time base. You can then easily see the difference, just take a look here - https://euc.world/tour/574977880603206 - it's one of my rides on KS-18L. On the first graph you'll find both speeds and it's clearly visible that GPS "color" speed is generally lower that wheel "brown" speed. All my three KS wheels gives me similar and consistent results - on a 9 km route they show me over 11 km of distance travelled. Also riding against radar speed meter (the one placed near to schools, road crossings etc.) display show lower speed that displayed by KS app - when KS app shows 30 km/h, I read 24-25 km/h on radar meter. When I added -18% correction it shows correct distance that match both GPS distance and distance on map over my GPX path.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Seba said:

It's easy to detect by analyzing both wheel and GPS speed measurements on the same graph, with common time base. You can then easily see the difference, just take a look here - https://euc.world/tour/574977880603206 - it's one of my rides on KS-18L. On the first graph you'll find both speeds and it's clearly visible that GPS "color" speed is generally lower that wheel "brown" speed. All my three KS wheels gives me similar and consistent results - on a 9 km route they show me over 11 km of distance travelled. Also riding against radar speed meter (the one placed near to schools, road crossings etc.) display show lower speed that displayed by KS app - when KS app shows 30 km/h, I read 24-25 km/h on radar meter. When I added -18% correction it shows correct distance that match both GPS distance and distance on map over my GPX path.

Congratulations on your great analysis! I like your tour data and web page.

13 minutes ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

Congratulations on your great analysis! I like your tour data and web page.

Thank you, I'm trying to do my best ;-)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Seba said:

Yes i'm aware of the discrepancy. Good job on collecting the data and presenting it!
Do you think that the difference matches the rim vs the outer diameter of the wheel?

What I was wondering is why the discrepancy doesn't seem to be there on my friend's wheel/app.
I'll take a closer look next time I meet up with him and do some side by side analysis as well as ride a measured route.

5 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yes i'm aware of the discrepancy. Good job on collecting the data and presenting it!
Do you think that the difference matches the rim vs the outer diameter of the wheel?

Well, I first noticed it on my KS-16C with 16x2.125 tyre. I though that it could be a problem with my particular wheel. But when I bought a KS-18L, I noticed very similar difference of about 20 %. My observations shows that this value vary, but it's always identical to both speed and distance. So sometimes I gets only 10 %, but always speed indicated by wheel is higher than GPS one and measured by radar or laser meter. Of course there is difference on the same wheel but with different tires or even when changing tire pressure. But it's negligible in relation to general error.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Is there any point to upgrade to 1.12? I really don't want to risk bricking the thing that gets me to work everyday.

Upgrade to V1.12 will not brick the controller board..
BT connection max distance is 10meters, stable in 2 meters.

When mobile date 4G signal column is less than 3,  the upgrade will be stopped sometime, so better use WIFI at home.

When use APP to upgrade firmware, keep mobile power more than 30%, and don't let your mobile phone dead.

Even upgrade is stopped, can continue upgrade by APP.

6 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Even upgrade is stopped, can continue upgrade by APP.

It's not always true. When I decided to upgrade my XL from 1.11 to 1.12, upgrade process stopped at about 3 % and the only rescue was to use a "service" application.

• Like 1

there is any other way to unlock speed without KingSong app ?

I'm asking this because I could not create an account in any (I mean any version !!!!) of KingSong's apps because the verfication code it not sent "System Busy", "try again later..." and so on. Another question is this: after I have my 200km made on my wheel it will automatically unlock speed restrictions by himself this wheel or do I need to use these crapy KingSong apk's ?

3 hours ago, hal2000 said:

@Seba

Do you know of or have you experienced first hand any significant (or minor : )  differences between 1.11 and 1.12? 

No. I didn't noticed any differences. Even minor.

• Upvote 1

@Meserias, I had trouble creating my account using SMS verification (using a phone number as login id), but it worked OK when I switched to email verification (using an email address as my login). My problem was that I would never receive the SMS code, even though it had supposedly been sent. The email code arrived within seconds, on the other hand. There’s a way to switch from the default phone login to email login during account setup. Worth a try maybe?

Once 200km have passed, the wheel’s speed alarms and tiltback speed will remain unchanged. The “unlock” is not automatic and will require app use once more. What happens beyond 200km is that the app, when accessing the speed settings screen, does a handshake with the server, sends the wheel accumulated value to it along with account info, and receives an “ok” to set the higher speed values. Sorry! I’ve actually had no problems at all with the KS app on iPhone X. Good luck. If all else fails, consult with your dealer.

I'm confirming that yesterday afternoon I was able to create an valid account with my KingSong app...using email verification.

This time everything went well.

the version it's 3.1.1