Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

I downloaded the KS app a week ago to enable speed unlocking of my newly won 16x.

The app worked ok last week but today I went out to ride the wheel and when I turned the app on, it wanted to update to another version. I cancelled the update as I was on limited data and wanted to go for a ride. I went to check my speed alarm settings but when I pressed the button to check/alter the speed settings, nothing happened. The settings screen would not open.  Iv'e never been as fan of the KS app since I first tried it with the KS14D and its proving me right again.

Any ideas why this is happening (or should I say not happening!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What about “FORGET PASSWORD “?  omg, I’m having a very frustrating time trying to retrieve it.

Select the  Country code from the drop-down, put in cell number and get the message “mobile number format is wrong”.  Add the Country code again in front of my number and get a more positive message “Mailbox Registered” when asking for the code - but no code comes.  Email retrieve doesn’t work either.  

I just want to change the speed settings.

im on an iPad

On Android Samsung S7.

* When a password (pin) has been set on the wheel, the Kingsong application crashes once the applications is connected to the wheel. I had to use a Samsung S8 to be able to remove my password on the wheel and connection was then restored from the Samsung S7 phone.

* Application is crashing randomly on the Samsung S7 phone. A popup get displayed but the application was not running at the front. It even crashes when the application was not started at all (go figure). No wheel connected then.

Just for a start...

• Like 1

I don't have a smartphone so I've been using my iPad Pro .  Forgot my password and that was the end of it.  Password retrieval is impossible due to some glitch in the app - even with KS support, nothin' doin'.  Finally used my co-worker's smartphone to create another account and then I was able to log in successfully on my iPad.  

Is there some way of changing the Kph to Mph?

Btw, an updated App Version 3.19(Build14) for Android was released by KingSong today. (server time stamp, Sep, 28. 2019, 10:57:22 AM) 

Direct download link: 

http://47.106.14.253/upload/android_version/KingsongAndroid APP.apk

Edited by Borg666
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Borg666 said:

Btw, an updated App Version 3.19(Build14) for Android was released by KingSong today. (server time stamp, Sep, 28. 2019, 11:57 AM) 

Direct download link: 

http://47.106.14.253/upload/android_version/KingsongAndroid APP.apk

Anything new in it apart from bug fixes

I wonder if this one would actually get me my alarm settings back to the way I originally had them before I made the mistake of loading a newer version of the app and trying to change them.  Does it remember your login settings when you change versions of the app?

7 hours ago, Vince23heat said:

How do I create an account/login for the app? I don't see an option to create account.

I think as soon as you pair up your wheel to the app via bluetooth AND wifi and the handshake is made, it will then direct you to create.  From what I remember.  It was a nightmare of goose-chase for me getting mine sorted out on my iPad...

2 hours ago, CampDylan said:

I think as soon as you pair up your wheel to the app via bluetooth AND wifi and the handshake is made, it will then direct you to create.  From what I remember.  It was a nightmare of goose-chase for me getting mine sorted out on my iPad...

What handshake? Once I pair it up, it lets me do everything except adjust speed where I would have to log in.

Nvm. I was able to set my speed and alarms on the Darknessbot app for my 18L. If I can do the same for my 16S, the King Song app can play whatever games they want.

Edited by Vince23heat

12 hours ago, neurokinetik said:

[...] Does it remember your login settings when you change versions of the app?

Can't say because I cleared the App data as well as the entry at "my vehicle" (for other reasons) before updating to 3.19, so I had to login using my credentials, and do the unlock process again - which worked fine for me. 

Edited by Borg666

15 hours ago, Borg666 said:

Can't say because I cleared the App data as well as the entry at "my vehicle" (for other reasons) before updating to 3.19, so I had to login using my credentials, and do the unlock process again - which worked fine for me. 

Yeah, it didn't save my credentials and I forgot my password.  The stupid timing out of the process to reset it was more than I have patience for, especially when being forced to type on a stupid small touch screen when I've got a full keyboard and mouse right in front of me on my PC.

This is more than any other reason why I switched to Gotway.   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently KingSong rolled out a new Android version in the last few days. It crashes now whenever I start the app. 100-percent of the time. Lovely that I discovered this mid-way through a ride when I wanted to use it.

I see on the Playstore that other people are also having this issue.

Gotta love KingSong.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Same BS for iOS, waiting a few months now that they update the app so i can see my %. :facepalm:

Well, be thankful that yours does something. Nothing like have an app that won't even run. Pathetic.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Yeah, they are building these awesome machines but can’t make a good working app, i mean all i want is to see my battery level.

I think that shouldn’t be that hard. :roflmao:

I just got the 3.1.8 (what I had previously) app from @The Fat Unicyclist so I'm back working again (loads and my battery level is accurate)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Apparently KingSong rolled out a new Android version in the last few days. It crashes now whenever I start the app. 100-percent of the time. Lovely that I discovered this mid-way through a ride when I wanted to use it.

I see on the Playstore that other people are also having this issue.

Gotta love KingSong.

Same here. What a load of crap. I've sent them at least 10 error reports. I reckon we should all do the same. ("If you can't beat 'em, at least annoy the crap out of 'em":efee612b4b: :efef77eaf5:

52 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

While it is great to have app improvements and new features, if there are issues with the app there should be an easy way to roll-back... In this case from 3.19 to 3.18.

Thanks for the link! :)

• Like 2

I'd be glad if I could update my 18XL to 1.13 but no, apparently 1.12 is up to date firmware, as is 1.11 for other people. (Latest iOS app)

It's a miracle our wheels keep balance with such dodgy programming.

Edited by null
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I just got the 3.1.8 (what I had previously) app from @The Fat Unicyclist so I'm back working again (loads and my battery level is accurate)

Normally i have an iPhone, which always shows 100%, but for my rides i bought a cheap old S4 mini to go with the pebble.

Unfortunately wheellog is as we’ll always on 100% and the kingsong app won’t open, don’t get it. :blink1:

I am trying the link from TFU now, lets see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Normally i have an iPhone, which always shows 100%, but for my rides i bought a cheap old S4 mini to go with the pebble.

Unfortunately wheellog is as we’ll always on 100% and the kingsong app won’t open, don’t get it. :blink1:

I am trying the link from TFU now, lets see.

WheelLog has been giving me battery levels. I am using an older version of WheelLog though.

• Like 1