Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

Hi.

Had my KS18XL for about 2 weeks now with no snags or hickups so for. Arrived with FW v1.12 and used latest app on my iPhone XS. Set-up of account was fairly smooth. Got the SMS code after 3. request! Had not read this thread prior, so was still naively optimistic and positiv ;) and it works like a charm. Could also unlock speed directly through app, but am stil taking it fairly ease B)

...but can someone pleas explain what this setting circled in red is?

IMG_1141.thumb.jpeg.d1bbfc3fc5cea97b4fb77c5502664623.jpeg

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Meserias said:

yes, same happens to me Eliran

my fw. version it's 1.12 ....and as far as I know there no new version for KS18XL

Well it isn't visible, but when updating the app it had new api to the wheel. You will see this if you check for firmware as lo g you can update you don't have layers subversion. After firmware update you will need to recalibrate the wheel. 

7 minutes ago, Meserias said:

can someone indicate necessary detailed steps in case we want to downgrade firmware ?

Downgrading Firmware is not possible....

I am just checking what V1.13 is ….

11 minutes ago, binks00 said:

Eli and Kev,

Is this when updating to v1.13? 

no, thats an app bug combined with 1.11/12....and should be gone after proberly upgrading app and firmware

• Like 1

I can't seem to be able to set the first warning to anything higher than 40km/h in the app on my KS18XL without getting a message and it set it back again. Can anyone tell me which parameters I should set under speed settings to be able to get it higher?

Edited by hwoccurrence

6 minutes ago, hwoccurrence said:

I can't seem to be able to set the first warning to anything higher than 40km/h in the app without getting a message and it set it back again. Can anyone tell me which parameters I should set under speed settings to be able to get it higher?

Which wheel you have and have you ridden at least 200 km already?

10 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Which wheel you have and have you ridden at least 200 km already?

I have KS18XL and no, don't think I have yet. I did the unlock thing with the app, but maybe I need to ride it more after all. Either way it's not a big deal, was just curious if I maybe had done something wrong in the app.

Edited by hwoccurrence

47 minutes ago, hwoccurrence said:

I have KS18XL and no, don't think I have yet. I did the unlock thing with the app, but maybe I need to ride it more after all. Either way it's not a big deal, was just curious if I maybe had done something wrong in the app.

You must have 200 km total before the app lets you set 50 km/h. Be careful with the speed B)

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:13 AM, MetricUSA said:

As I am reading this the ks app keeps popping up about the app failing to close....

Kingsong have not provided a means to properly close the app, is probably why the notice keeps coming up!!!

Hey @MetricUSA, @Braxton Richard Wells, @fryman, @Jonesq and @NylahTay. I've been having the same problem with the latest Android version of the app (v3.1.1) . It crashes constantly with the popup message "Kingsong isn't responding", even when the app is not running, so clearly some background process is having issues (why is there a background process?). I've re-installed the app but that hasn't made any difference.

Hey @Micheal Shen, is there anything we do about this?

I also use a Samsung S7 Edge phone. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, binks00 said:

Did you try force closing? If that doesn't work, try clearing app cache.

I always force close when I'm done using the app. never had the pop up after doing that.

3 hours ago, binks00 said:

Did you try force closing? If that doesn't work, try clearing app cache.

Yep, I can always force-close the app. A bit of a pain (6 steps). More annoying, though, is that we don't know what repercussions there are from killing actively executing code in mid-process (ie, what system resources weren't closed properly, what data wasn't written properly, etc). App needs better QA testing.

You can long press the app and go straight to app details and closer it from there. That's 3 steps wondering on how you count it.

I always force close the inmotion app also or it will drain my battery. Agreed, they need better apps.

11 minutes ago, Hector Bosque said:

Hi does anyone know where I can get a battery for a kS 18 l , the battery # is 

1554 WH , 240 , ks18 1.4D 

If it's a (relatively) new wheel, contact the reseller you got it from. KS and the resellers probably also can sell you a new battery if it's out of warranty, but it will likely be expensive, for most wheels (ie. the ones with bigger batteries, say, even 4S and above), the battery is probably the most expensive part of the entire wheel.