Jump to content
Kuji Rolls

The Kingsong 16X First Ride

Recommended Posts

Amazing new look! I love the new lighting strip. I've always been jealous of the KS16 lighting. Great video!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done.  Be interested in your thoughts between it and the KS18XL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Size looks comparable to the 18L.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Flyboy10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it lacks a proper break light.  :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing @Kuji Rolls Great video :thumbup:

  •  I'd rather they put a mudd friendlier tire, this one gives the impression it will be slippery on wet ground, a la msx.
  • How high are the foot plates? I hope they are higher than the current ks16s and reach msx's height
  • Why not put the XL pedals by default?
  • The mudguard gives the impression it will work. At least, maybe less of an after fact decision.
  • The lightings look fantastic! Best improvements ever, along with the battery capacity.

Overall, I prefer this ks16x over the nikola. Between ks16x and ks18xl though, the choice will be tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gena said:

 I'd rather they put a mudd friendlier tire, this one gives the impression it will be slippery on wet ground, a la msx.

This is the first prototype, so the tire may well change still. 16x3.0 tires are available at Ali, so there are be alternatives, unlike with the 18x3.0.

That said, the tire in the prototype is Chaoyang H-5146, which had good grip on my 16S as a 16x2.5. Not slippery like the H-5102 is on MSX. Wet mud being exception of course, as it would require a very much rougher tread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Looks like it lacks a proper break light.  :-(

Just in prototype. KingSong is quite safety conscious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks awesome!  I’m loving  my z10 as a primary mode of transportation- but this 16 looks like a blast!

Edited by Bison_2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Kuji Rolls at 1:09 in the video, you are going forward and then come to a slow stop leaning back a bit and the wheel seems to stutter/jerk and catch you off guard?

was that due to the way you were riding it and just being unfamiliar with a new wheel or some quirk in the wheel prototype/firmware.

https://youtu.be/ZhCCMtfBqSk?t=68

I understand it's a prototype and i'm sure kinks are still being worked out and such but just something I observed in the video and was curious about

Edited by Heyzeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 9:33 PM, Ryeguynew said:

No upgrade to 100 volt?? disappointing 

Rather encouraging that KingSong is not investing into this publicity stunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

@Kuji Rolls at 1:09 in the video, you are going forward and then come to a slow stop leaning back a bit and the wheel seems to stutter/jerk and catch you off guard?

was that due to the way you were riding it and just being unfamiliar with a new wheel or some quirk in the wheel prototype/firmware.

https://youtu.be/ZhCCMtfBqSk?t=69

I understand it's a prototype and i'm sure kinks are still being worked out and such but just something I observed in the video and was curious about

Sorry....but he just steps off the Wheel to take a look at it from the side? And using one foot those process normally doesnt look that stabil.....

I can only encourage to look a 1:09.....i personally can not see any unconventional here?

 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:16 AM, Kuji Rolls said:

Compared to the Nikola, the 16X has much better riding performance.

Thanks for saying that...in the Video it is not quite clear which Wheel you ment with better riding specs :-)

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, Ryeguynew said:

No upgrade to 100 volt?? disappointing 

There is no open end in stacking batterys, and the more seriell you get, the higher the resistance gets. 100V has quite some other disadvantages, as it gets difficult to produce those packs.

Also the actual 100Volt wheels tend to consum more Energy and so have a lower range. To my knowledge...Nikola will also only be done in 84Volt.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, Mike Paolini said:

Looks like it lacks a proper break light.  :-(

Will be done on final Version...Proper Backlight and breaklight like all KS have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

According to https://eunicycles.eu/en/16-inch-wheels/134-king-song-ks-16x-1554wh.html the pedal height for 16x is 16cm, higher than the msx ( 14.5 cm according to http://shop.euc.nyc/MsuperX ? ). Does that look realistic?

Edit: I see it is 18cm above. Lost now ... :(

Edit2: msuper x is 16.5cm according to https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-msuper-x-msx-1600wh-battery-2000w-motor/ ?

Edited by gena
checking first fact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gena said:

According to https://eunicycles.eu/en/16-inch-wheels/134-king-song-ks-16x-1554wh.html the pedal height for 16x is 16cm, higher than the msx ( 14.5 cm according to http://shop.euc.nyc/MsuperX ? ). Does that look realistic?

Edit: I see it is 18cm above. Lost now ... :(

Edit2: msuper x is 16.5cm according to https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-msuper-x-msx-1600wh-battery-2000w-motor/ ?

And the question is always whether the measure indicates ground clearance or height of the pedal surface (which is IMHO less interesting than ground clearance) and whether it was measured inside or outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this up since I’m excited for the 16X.  

Picking the winner on Easter according to the video, that’s tomorrow!  Good luck everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 1:06 AM, gena said:

Thanks for sharing @Kuji Rolls Great video :thumbup:

  •  I'd rather they put a mudd friendlier tire, this one gives the impression it will be slippery on wet ground, a la msx.
  • How high are the foot plates? I hope they are higher than the current ks16s and reach msx's height
  • Why not put the XL pedals by default?
  • The mudguard gives the impression it will work. At least, maybe less of an after fact decision.
  • The lightings look fantastic! Best improvements ever, along with the battery capacity.

Overall, I prefer this ks16x over the nikola. Between ks16x and ks18xl though, the choice will be tough.

Kingsong16X is streets ahead of any other competitor:

* Lighter, 

*Comparable topspeed 

*Motor: 2000W
* Battery: 84V 1554wh.

* Better torque and

* Greater hillclimbing capacity!

Edited by Kalaharichi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Who won the 16X?

That'd be the @Juggler. It's expected to ship in mid to late June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

That'd be the @Juggler. It's expected to ship in mid to late June

Can't wait for our long rides 😊😊 congratulations:clap3::thumbup:

IMG-20190522-221643.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So @Kuji Rolls  you’ve ridden the nikola and I know you love the msx..    should I choose a slightly used msx over a new nikola?   Price is 1600 for msx with seat,mudguard,and fast charger. Or.  New nikola.  The money doesn’t matter so much.  I want the better wheel. The more fun wheel. The more reliable wheel in traffic and whatnot.   I use my wheel as my only transport.    Thanks for any and all suggestions 

Edited by Lucas Alexander Oliver
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...