New GotWay Nikola 17''

EcoDrift

Can't help so much, but 3 bar is really to high. I have 1.4 - 1.6 bar on my 16X with 78kg and offroad use. If I would ride only on nice flat pavement, than I would increase it to 1.8 - 2 bar. 

I guess you can use WheelLog for most settings, except calibration and Ambient Light settings. 

Edited by buell47

Yes, I know, but who cares? 

Do you think the Chinese take technical data seriously? They probably saw this on a Continental tire, which is given such information there, and then they put also some information on it. :roflmao:

Surely you don't plan on riding several 100 kilometres without a break and at maximum speed, do you? :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

No answers?

One more question:

How can I get rid of the beeping alarm?

I thought turning off in the app is the solution. But it won't do it. It says, turned off (all alarms are light grey) - but it beeps all the way long......

Android app 3.1.0

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER

How can I get rid of the beeping alarm?

By riding slower.

Try setting the alarms in the Gotway app. Choose option ”Disable second alarm”.

Edited by mrelwood

After I found 'the wiping hint' on wheellog, I could get rid of this bloody alarm - disabled second Alarm - wonderful quiet :)

Also set the wheel for 84 V on wheellog - everything looks fine now.

The motor noise is o.k. - more or less like V10 F. That is fine.

Riding turns - 100% better than on the V10F, because of no front tilt of the wheel. A bit, on changing to soft mode - but far less than on the V10F.

Now I will have to try the differnet modes with different tire pressure to see, what's best for me!

Thanks for help - also to @Marty Backe  

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER
  • Like 3

Yesterday I took what may be my last long ride for the year on the Nikola.   The weather has been the usual "fall trifecta of misery" (cold, windy and rainy) for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been riding at all.

What I found interesting was that jumping on the Nikola felt great, and natural.  The usual "I can't get this thing to lean" response wasn't there, and it's because I didn't just get off the KS-18L a few minutes prior.   It's the riding on the KS-18L that messes me up for riding the Nikola, as they could not be more different in the way they ride.  If I ride the KS-18L just before getting on the Nikola, it takes me about 3-4 miles to adjust.  Going the other way (Nikola to KS-18L) the adjustment period is maybe 100 feet.  I do have over 1500 miles on the KS-18L, and a bit over 500 miles on the Nikola, so maybe as the experience evens out, the adjustment period will decrease.

3 hours ago, neurokinetik said:

Yesterday I took what may be my last long ride for the year on the Nikola.   The weather has been the usual "fall trifecta of misery" (cold, windy and rainy) for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been riding at all.

What I found interesting was that jumping on the Nikola felt great, and natural.  The usual "I can't get this thing to lean" response wasn't there, and it's because I didn't just get off the KS-18L a few minutes prior.   It's the riding on the KS-18L that messes me up for riding the Nikola, as they could not be more different in the way they ride.  If I ride the KS-18L just before getting on the Nikola, it takes me about 3-4 miles to adjust.  Going the other way (Nikola to KS-18L) the adjustment period is maybe 100 feet.  I do have over 1500 miles on the KS-18L, and a bit over 500 miles on the Nikola, so maybe as the experience evens out, the adjustment period will decrease.

You are not the only one. I get the same results with the same wheels as you. When I was reading this, it felt like I wrote it word per word.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2019 at 5:10 AM, MBIKER_SURFER said:

After I found 'the wiping hint' on wheellog, I could get rid of this bloody alarm - disabled second Alarm - wonderful quiet :)

Also set the wheel for 84 V on wheellog - everything looks fine now.

The motor noise is o.k. - more or less like V10 F. That is fine.

Riding turns - 100% better than on the V10F, because of no front tilt of the wheel. A bit, on changing to soft mode - but far less than on the V10F.

Now I will have to try the differnet modes with different tire pressure to see, what's best for me!

Thanks for help - also to @Marty Backe  

Hey - looks like you did what I just did - switched to the Nicola from the V10F.

Happy riding - and thank you for all your help back on the InMotion page.  :)

This is the great thing in this forum: you get help from nearly all over the world - fantastic.

The Nikola will tilt forward a bit in turns, if you are setting it to soft mode. So actually I'm riding in medium. But due to rain, storm and so on, only few riding possible :wacko:

Edited by MBIKER_SURFER

19 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

This is the great thing in this forum: you get help from nearly all over the world - fantastic.

The Nikola will tilt forward a bit in turns, if you are setting it to soft mode. So actually I'm riding in medium. But due to rain, storm and so on, only few riding possible :wacko:

I'm riding in strong mode now - but the weather here is still great.  Just learning it now - it is built like a tank!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shinra said:

The LED lights on the left size of my wheel don't work anymore. Anybody had this problem?

I’ve had the led strips go bad on both my V8 and my Nikola.  Replaced them both pretty easily with a new strip provided under warranty.  I don’t think the led strips used in these wherlscare tge highest quality.

• Like 1

Nikola 84 V - battery question.

Is it normal, that after full load - 84,1 V - 2 hours later it shows up with 83,5 V? Not even powered on.

My V10 shows this 84,1 V the next day.

Next problem is, that voltage drops quite fast - after 9,85 km it showed  79,8 V - meaning 84 %. Calculating that means a consumption of over 26 Wh/km.  Avg. speed was 28 km/h. 15° C and about 4 bft wind.

I'm using wheellog as app.

Screenshot_20191017_152004_com.cooper.wheellog.jpg

Screenshot_20191017_152014_com.cooper.wheellog.jpg

It is normal for the battery voltage to slowly drop a bit after the charge. Just like it slowly bounces back up after a ride.

If you leave the charger on for a few hours after the light turns green, the drop should be smaller or even disappear. That will also balance the cell voltages, which you should do every now and then anyway.

But really, there is nothing wrong with that behaviour.

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It is normal for the battery voltage to slowly drop a bit after the charge. Just like it slowly bounces back up after a ride.

If you leave the charger on for a few hours after the light turns green, the drop should be smaller or even disappear. That will also balance the cell voltages, which you should do every now and then anyway.

But really, there is nothing wrong with that behaviour.

No worries then, Thank you

@Mono and @Sketch:

Thanks for the responses, I'm going to have to go to my dealer then. An expensive purchase, the LED lights are a highlight on the Gotway Nikola (for me), but after a few months one side doesn't work anymore. 

Charged my Gotway Nikola yesterday, it charged to 80V, then the light turned green, and it wouldn't charge to more. Does somebody know why? I hate having problems with euc's, especially because I can't fix anything.